The Elder Scrolls Online

They have not followed the normal release pattern for betas/alphas so one cannot tell but I think they'll be another beta - a more open one.

spronk

FPS noob
if you really insist on buying teso sight unseen, gmg is sending out 25% coupons. create an account on their website and you will probably get a code in a day or two

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Still waiting to see your closed beta proof.
Decided there is no way to please Tuco. Screenshots? They are the same watermarked shots there are in weekend. He has other information now, but I do not think it matters.

It doesn't to me anymore. I've been here since 2002 before this shithole started turning into an acceptable bastion of grassroots marketing. I'll long for the good ol' days and remember fondly when trash like you was taken out to pasture long before you could try to positively influence shit games for box sales under a psuedo-handle while claiming you are an innocent English Teacher.

I last the ages and have stood the test of the internet for 14 years denouncing the very shit you promote. And my tune has never changed or waivered. Not once.

At the end of this thread, I'll still be here talking about the truth and letting everyone know what other developers are saying behind the scenes while they use me (Willingly) as their mouth piece as half the internet thinks I am nuts, a quarter of the internet agrees, and with 95% of the industry veterans/developers wishing they could say what I do to the face of their boss, the other 5% knows their boss knows the handle of which they post under and come to their defense to get a new producer role once they all switch to the next developer.

But after this flops within 3 weeks,youwill fade quietly into the night to go write an Amazon review about some product or service for $1.76 a paragraph. And we won't see you around this place again until the next payment arrives for a digital expansion.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
you guys really, really need to try the beta before you buy - people saying combat is weird/wonky is not a euphemism, maybe for some people its ok but I found it so bad that I just didn't want to play. hopefully they fix it before launch, and then I guess maybe it might be worth it when it drops 50% after a month, but you are better off playing might and magic X now and whatever other new games come out around april.
Just curious when was the last time you played, Spronk, since generally your opinion is more fair than others? I played last year and didn't like it, but my main gripe like you was the combat. According to the devs they've improved it a ton. I don't have a beta account and so my one four hour session then is all I have so far.

I love Skyrim, but likewise it's combat is kind of ass, especially compared to WOW. If this combat is semi fixed, the game could be worthwhile.

I'll still buy this before Wildstar just because it won't give me carpal tunnel or make me stabby with the run animations.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Because it's been so difficult to get into the beta weekends, right?
I must have horrible luck, I haven't been able to get in to try this at all. I don't trust others comments since the majority of people just tow the party line or stay with the majority, since going even a smidgen against it gets you insulted.

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
Screenshots? They are the same watermarked shots there are in weekend. He has other information now, but I do not think it matters.
What about screenshots from the beta forum? The weekend testers don't have access to the current beta forums, and I imagine there's quite a bit of talk regarding the preorder announcement that would show the screenshots are current.

Bruman

Golden Squire
I must have horrible luck, I haven't been able to get in to try this at all.
No, that's incredible luck. You were saved a large download then a lot of wasted time registering, installing, creating a character, to play for all of 15 minutes before realizing it was garbage.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No, that's incredible luck. You were saved a large download then a lot of wasted time registering, installing, creating a character, to play for all of 15 minutes before realizing it was garbage.
Maybe so, but I always try every MMO at least once.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Just curious when was the last time you played, Spronk, since generally your opinion is more fair than others? I played last year and didn't like it, but my main gripe like you was the combat. According to the devs they've improved it a ton. I don't have a beta account and so my one four hour session then is all I have so far.

I love Skyrim, but likewise it's combat is kind of ass, especially compared to WOW. If this combat is semi fixed, the game could be worthwhile.

I'll still buy this before Wildstar just because it won't give me carpal tunnel or make me stabby with the run animations.
The combat in either of the games you mentioned (Wildstar and Skyrim) with both ability, skill, and most importantly, responsiveness, without any hyperbole, completely fucking 100% destroys the combat in TESO to the point where this game is literally unplayable aside from soloing quests which tell a story where it has * Nothing * to do with any of the lore from the original games. The devs are lying, and blackshill is lying, when they say they have made improvements. They have made ONE pass on the GCD/Animation sync. It took SWTOR 2 years to get this right. It's going to take Zenimax Online even longer because they took out all simultronics code out of the Hero Engine.

Ut... it's bad but you are exaggerating how bad. It's no GW2 responsiveness but it's not unplayable... it just feels...mushy is the best word.... it's a bit slowish and unresponsive. It lacks a feeling of feedback. I would say it's about as good as Secret World's combat. It has the same kind of gah I hate this....after a whlle.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ut... it's bad but you are exaggerating how bad. It's no GW2 responsiveness but it's not unplayable... it just feels...mushy is the best word.... it's a bit slowish and unresponsive. It lacks a feeling of feedback. I would say it's about as good as Secret World's combat. It has the same kind of gah I hate this....after a whlle.
Please notice I said "unplayable aside from solo". The reason why I said that is because when it's time for RvR (The main reason to play this game right BW?) the responsiveness is so bad it will completely destroy any and all playability within that style.

The reason why this isn't an issue yet in Weekend betas is that a lot of people cannot even get to level 10 to try it out, much less put up with the entirely stale 1-10 game with horrid response rates that are driving people to just delete it anyway. And that is what I believe Spronk is referring too.

More importantly, Blackwulf, where is their 17-50 content outside of closed beta?

They won't show it. It will spoil the box sale.

Remit_sl

shitlord
It's LotRO on satellite

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe so, but I always try every MMO at least once.
Not sure if possible but next time I get an invite I'll PM you the key.. It rots in my email. Thanks UT for all the info on this one. Hope you're wrong about the VR team but this one saved me some time. =P

Please notice I said "unplayable aside from solo". The reason why I said that is because when it's time for RvR (The main reason to play this game right BW?) the responsiveness is so bad it will completely destroy any and all play-ability.

The reason why this isn't an issue yet in Weekend betas is that a lot of people cannot even get to level 10 to try it out, much less put up with the entirely stale 1-10 game with horrid response rates that are driving people to just delete it anyway. And that is what I believe Spronk is referring too.

More importantly, Blackwulf, where is their 17-50 content outside of closed beta?

Oh...so button lag? I have had that in WvWvW in GW2 sometimes... I didn't notice it last weekend in TESO among say 10 people around a quest mob.

Blackwulf

N00b
Please notice I said "unplayable aside from solo". The reason why I said that is because when it's time for RvR (The main reason to play this game right BW?) the responsiveness is so bad it will completely destroy any and all playability within that style.

Make a video with your closed beta account! Save us!