The Elder Scrolls Online

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can't login any characters, new or old. Just sits at "requesting character load" for anywhere from 1 to 15 minutes before giving an unknown error.

Hutchy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Welcome to the stress test!
smile.png

There's an announcement on the game client saying they are looking into it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm sure dodging the circles mobs put on the ground is awesome fun in first person. Do you stare at their feet the whole time?
This is where post-visual/audio feedback should come into play. They need to implement a overvolted foot warming device that you put your feet on and if you stand in the void zones too long you start to get first degree burns.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't know... at least from the mobs I've seen, they seem to have some pretty obvious visual queues that indicate an AoE (cone or otherwise) outside of the obvious ZOMG red circles. Even then, I haven't had a problem seeing red circles in 1st person. That could change though.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So can you eventually level up every skill tree (uh, more like skill ladder?), TSW style? And gain other class trees as well? (I'm guessing each "class" is just a set of 3 skill paths that you can pick up elsewhere?)

I'm not even sure why it has skill points. You already have to level by equipping skills of whatever path you want xp to go to in order to unlock things. Can you reset skill points somewhere?

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
[Requesting character load intensifies]

3rd character, first ones are stuck because both their main quests are bugged. At level 4 and 5.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I'm sure dodging the circles mobs put on the ground is awesome fun in first person. Do you stare at their feet the whole time?
The game gives you warnings when to block, interrupt and dodge. When mobs cast AOEs is when the dodge warning occurs. In the Settings you can configure those warnings to occur Never, Sometimes and Always.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
So can you eventually level up every skill tree (uh, more like skill ladder?), TSW style? And gain other class trees as well? (I'm guessing each "class" is just a set of 3 skill paths that you can pick up elsewhere?)

I'm not even sure why it has skill points. You already have to level by equipping skills of whatever path you want xp to go to in order to unlock things. Can you reset skill points somewhere?
You don't get access to the other three classes three skill lines.

bwuceli_sl

shitlord
For what it's worth, I restarted as a healer class and the game is starting to grow on me a bit. The treasure hunt in Stross M'kai was fun and made me think a bit. Not "The Secret World" difficulty, but it took me a while to figure out.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Was that the one where it just gives vague hints like Go here, Look this direction, go there, find the trees, etc? I enjoyed it too, but the reward was pretty lame. I think it was just 70 coins? Quite a lame treasure chest.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Loading screens loading screens loading screens. This game with huge times (90 seconds to 15 minutes so far) for each loading screen is making SWToR's system seem super fast. I swear I feel like I am playing a 1990's dial up game with these load times.
I have every intention of giving this game a fair shake but sweet Tebow I can't ever even get in. Three times in the last 12 hours I have tried to log in and I just sit at the "requesting character load" for 10+min before I kill it and play something else. When I have played, the game doesn't seem terrible but definitely doesn't seem to be in my sweet spot. It's very much like the realization of a game conceived in 2007.

Fake Edit: As I was typing this, the game itself finally loaded. Hurray, I guess.

Real Edit: and then they took the servers down. I spent longer waiting to load in than I played. Marvel Heroes and EQNL are calling.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I just started playing today, have all the graphics on max.

It's a pretty good looking game, and pretty smooth for being in beta.

I wish a could use a controller on this one tho, there isn't much stuff you need to keybind.
I used glovePIE with Neverwinter and it worked brilliantly. I bet it wouldn't take much to make it work with this, as the interface is minimal.

This thread has some pretty good information

Play Neverwinter with your 360 controller now!!

I'd test it, but unlike yesterday, my load times have gotten to the point where my patience is done. I've been having fun, but 5+ minutes to load a zone is just wasting too much of my time

The client itself has run very smoothly for me even at Ultra-high settings. Aside from the wonky animations, I think the game looks great, and I'm actually impressed with how, at least on the rendering side of things, its been performing.

Was that the one where it just gives vague hints like Go here, Look this direction, go there, find the trees, etc? I enjoyed it too, but the reward was pretty lame. I think it was just 70 coins? Quite a lame treasure chest.
This is part of the itemization problem. Itemization is always a later stage development issue where you make a pass over the whole game fixing and making things special but man they are close to release to have most mobs drop 1 gold and have quests give rewards you don't need or can't use and have involved quests like that one end in a disappointing 70 gold. Itemization has gotten better with each beta but it's abysmal still.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is part of the itemization problem. Itemization is always a later stage development issue where you make a pass over the whole game fixing and making things special but man they are close to release to have most mobs drop 1 gold and have quests give rewards you don't need or can't use and have involved quests like that one end in a disappointing 70 gold. Itemization has gotten better with each beta but it's abysmal still.
Yeah it does suck when as a 1h/shield I've gotten staffs, 2h swords, 2h axes as rewards and with so few quest when compared to usual quest based games it makes it interesting. Might have to actually craft.

Eh about being "on rails", its about equal to every other quest based game. You follow the quest and pick up quest at each "Area" with the occasional quest out in the open, the big difference in this game is you only have like 2-4(counting main story) quest at a time, instead of 10-20ish. Otherwise its pretty much on par with most games, you can grind if you wanted(probably slow), pvp , craft, dungeons etc to break up the questing. Oh and you have Arrows instead of ! :p
Which is to say it's on rails. I have a level 12 and I'll give that guy a shot some and see if there are other ways to level a bit. Does crafting give you regular levels like in GW2?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well I was talking about more to the ppl saying it "opens" up. Which I haven't found. Sure the map gets bigger, but its still follow the quest to each little area and then move to the next.