The Elder Scrolls Online

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
You have avoided my questions.
My agenda is perfectly clear. Calling out bullshit.

I'm in the Wildstar beta. I have not played it much. I'll make sure to let you know how it is. Right now I am playing through Timeless Isle.

Pops

My agenda is perfectly clear. Calling out bullshit.

I'm in the Wildstar beta. I have not played it much. I'll make sure to let you know how it is. Right now I am playing through Timeless Isle.
I see zero Wildstar rants. You must have some issue with these guys, kid.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
He hates certain developers, I guess none of them are on the Carbine studio team.
When you see anyone from Carbine posting under Pseudohandles defending their game instead of being transparent which is what they are known for, not protecting a piece of shit for a box sale under Paul Sage, let me know.

And Pops, that's my only issue. Aside from knowing exactly the plan of the go to market strategy which is making sure Firor recoups costs to save embarrassment at all costs while throwing out another piece of crap title because shit decisions were made to put a person in charge notoriously known to shit out horrible games, moving on to the next game company like a locust because it's an incestual industry.

Anything else?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dude, I don't take video games that serious enough to stalk people to see where they go, if they are trying to post anonymously on some gaming forum or to gossip about them with some "Source".

I just don't have that level of Fanaticism, sorry.

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
I think early on in the TESO thread someone asked Ut why he was foaming at the mouth about it and he basically said the Elder Scrolls IP was too amazing and beloved by gamers everywhere to be trashed and destroyed through the incompetence and mismanagement of a group of people who consistently dish out MMO's that generally don't do well once released then railed about how they keep getting rehired really grinds his gears.

Pops

Else? Fuck, I put lipstick on pigs to move product, all the time. It's fine to call them on it, but you act like a nut.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thankfully I never expected to see what makes the ES IP great in a MMO, just not possible atm. You might get close with a very sandboxy world and very heavy phasing(you want to see the consequences of your actions).

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I think early on in the TESO thread someone asked Ut why he was foaming at the mouth about it and he basically said the Elder Scrolls IP was too amazing and beloved by gamers everywhere to be trashed and destroyed through the incompetence and mismanagement of a group of people who consistently dish out MMO's that generally don't do well once released then railed about how they keep getting rehired really grinds his gears.
Bingo. And Pops, I just did.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
This is pretty much Utnayan's motivation in a nutshell. Combined with some kind of weird desire to self-aggrandize.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think "Grinds his gear" describes the nature at which you conduct yourself, it's a TAD underwhelming.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah but the thing is that this game is not really that bad. If this was like Vanguard or some Anarchy Online or Shadowbane type fail, than its one thing, but from what I saw surprised me, really. Average? Sure, but not as bad as Ut makes it out to be.

Technically its better than GW2. At least you can see your enemies.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I was expecting something horrid based on what I've read here, it's not even close. Granted this could be a AoC type deal, but there's no proof from either side.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
This is pretty much Utnayan's motivation in a nutshell. Combined with some kind of weird desire to self-aggrandize.
That and taking flak as not knowing what I am talking about when 80% of Bethesda doesn't want this game made by these people, and the only ones that did are some high hats at Zenimax Media because they are going to exploit some IP's for short term cash if they can. Damned the IP or no. And that is evident in hiring Rich Vogel to lead Battlecry Studios to repeat the same travesty with the Fallout IP.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Same shit you said about SWTOR, and its raking in the cash, bro. This game is way far from fail of that epic proportion. There is tons of excited peeps about this. Fuck, even my 12 and 9 yr old heard about this in school, hehe.

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
Yeah I was expecting something horrid based on what I've read here, it's not even close. Granted this could be a AoC type deal, but there's no proof from either side.
I'm expecting it to be somewhere between FF14v1 and SWTOR. Tried the beta a while back for 30 minutes. Was not impressed.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Cinge and Mko and you other launch whores like me who just can't seem to pass up trying an mmo for a month or two at launch even with not high hopes, which way are you leaning on this one ?

Preorder and give it a go for a month ? Or still holding out closer to early access to see if they lift the NDA ?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
^^Im still holding out but yeah, probably an impulse purchase closer to release.

The thing is that its coming at the perfect time too. Folks are clamoring for a new mmo to sink their teeth into.