The Elder Scrolls Online

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not even sure you can call them social, it was full of people yes, but they were all just soloing away and then left 5 minute later when they cleared through it. The only difference between it and the rest of the world is you had to zone to get into it :p Hell they weren't even dungeons.

I'd almost call them a small cave that I had to zone into :p

Vitality

HUSTLE
You guys sound like you log into games with the expectation of being told how to play.

Yes ESO has gated content, yes the gated content is on rails, sometimes the rails have minor option selects.

I played "my" way, grinding tons of mobs, filling my bags with tons of loot. I only did quests I was required to do to access the next zone. I specced for grinding too. This only pissed me off when the "gate" quest was bugged and the phase wasn't the required task completions.

Yes the mob grinding method is seemingly slower. I despise helping people collect asses and plants. I'm a fkin hero. I only quest when I'm supposed to (Gated).

Make your choice,
Vitality

mrmoneda_sl

shitlord
You guys sound like you log into games with the expectation of being told how to play.

Yes ESO has gated content, yes the gated content is on rails, sometimes the rails have minor option selects.

I played "my" way, grinding tons of mobs, filling my bags with tons of loot. I only did quests I was required to do to access the next zone. I specced for grinding too. This only pissed me off when the "gate" quest was bugged and the phase wasn't the required task completions.

Yes the mob grinding method is seemingly slower. I despise helping people collect asses and plants. I'm a fkin hero. I only quest when I'm supposed to (Gated).

Make your choice,
Vitality
If you try to get through any areas via questing I'd be interested in hearing how you think the speeds in leveling differ between questing and grinding.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Not even sure you can call them social, it was full of people yes, but they were all just soloing away and then left 5 minute later when they cleared through it. The only difference between it and the rest of the world is you had to zone to get into it :p
Well there was one that I ran into which had a few quests, I dont know if you saw it but the one with the tree and the people offering it food or some shit? THen you zoned into the interior of it, had to kill some roots (there was a named there as well) and I think another quest involved int here and then you zoned out and defeated the daedra demon which has taken over the tree. And that fucker was tough to solo so you grouped up.

And I think I ran into that area just by running into it exploring. I dont think I had breadcrumbs to lead me there, although I could be wrong. All the drugs I did in my youth are affecting my memory.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Not sure what you played, but from my experience there were hubs. I would move from start point(small village) , do the quests from there and the ones you find while out, then it moved to another little village/town/Objective that had more quest and rinse repeat(and they were tied together by breadcrumbs). The main difference is instead of sometimes having 10-20 quest in my log to do, I usually had a max of 5. It's exactly like almost every quest based game there is, just less of them(though maybe that changes later where you need more quest to progress per level). The on rails I dunno, but it seems pretty much like most quest games(level by questing where the game tells you to go(with the optional quest scattered around), level by pvp,just go grind mobs and dungeons).
I think quest hubs I think areas like vanilla WOW, Rift, or Wildstar where you have an area with a ton of guys with quests to finish in a small level range before heading to the next 'hub'.

When I hit the non starter island this was not the case for me at all, in that I did maybe 10 quests spread out over a huge area, did some exploring and killed a few mini bosses. If you ran from quest hub to quest hub doing a bunch then you are indeed playing a different game than I played.

It did not seem like an on rails quest game to me. Did you find any chests, mini bosses, or events? I did and I didn't feel I was led from area to area like I am in traditional quest themepark games, which is my point.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
I think quest hubs I think areas like vanilla WOW, Rift, or Wildstar where you have an area with a ton of guys with quests to finish in a small level range before heading to the next 'hub'.

When I hit the non starter island this was not the case for me at all, in that I did maybe 10 quests spread out over a huge area, did some exploring and killed a few mini bosses. If you ran from quest hub to quest hub doing a bunch then you are indeed playing a different game than I played.

It did not seem like an on rails quest game to me. Did you find any chests, mini bosses, or events? I did and I didn't feel I was led from area to area like I am in traditional quest themepark games, which is my point.
I would say that one of the few positives about the questing in TESO is that the chains are a bit longer than those MMO's you mentioned (save for epic quest lines) and there are certainly fewer overall quests. Once you start getting into your teens/twenties though you'll see your journal fill up with quests.

Flank_sl

shitlord
This is why I dislike the quest helper. It seems inefficient to explore when you can just follow the arrows, but if you do not explore then the game feels like it is on rails. There are hidden sidequests and bosses, chests and skyshards etc, but it takes time to find them.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
awesome two separate accounts to play and I get both login is incorrect when that is not the case.

Flank_sl

shitlord
Ah, so I have a 30 gb client from the last weekend beta, but now I have to install a new 22 gb european client for this one.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I think you're attempting to defend what you perceive as an opposing point, when in fact you agree with everyone you're trying to prove wrong, as shown in the quote above.

I'm all for entertainment in argument, but this is an infinite loop, all-be-it semantic.

Are you certain you've only experienced this when interacting with multiple AI's? I've experienced this with the drawstring effect of the bow, large delays then rapid fires.
Not even close. The ESO haters have consistently resorted to exaggeration, hyperbole and quite often outright fabrications to try and paint a negative picture of this game. Combat responsiveness is obviously an integral part of gameplay for any MMO and as others like mkopec have confirmed, the issue is nowhere close to being as bad as the ESO haters are trying to portray it. I gave an anecdotal description of the extremely rare situations when I have encountered the problem. It happens so rarely now I don't even consider it a problem anymore. If and when it does happen to me, it is so intermittent that you can't reproduce it on demand. Like I said, the few times it did happen to me was only when I pulled 3 linked mobs but it didn't happen every time I pulled 3 linked mobs. For all I know that could have been the same exact time the NSA decided to do a scan of my computer. That has been my experience on closed beta with a relatively small population. Your mileage may vary on the weekend beta servers.

The ESO haters could play ESO for 16 hours straight, experience no problems whatsoever, experience 15 seconds of combat lag, then rush here to gloat that their criticisms about poor combat responsiveness turned out to be 100% accurate.