The Elder Scrolls Online

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I gave this a try over the free weekend....meh.

Gonna go back to wow classic for a month or two to scratch the mmo itch.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I gave this a try over the free weekend....meh.

Gonna go back to wow classic for a month or two to scratch the mmo itch.
Not even worth it for free. Don't know how this game hasn't collapsed yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Not even worth it for free. Don't know how this game hasn't collapsed yet.

Because it was one of, I wanna say, 2 MMO's on Xbox prior to FFXIV going to Xbox. That's the reason as I understood it when I asked the same question years ago.

The only other MMO wasn't even really an MMO if I recall. It would be interesting to see what market share FFXIV takes away from it. Granted I think playing any MMO, much less a keyspam MMO, on a console would be aids.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
While I really dislike the combat which i consider to be one of the weakest aspect of the game. I generally enjoy the rest, there's a lot to do and tons of content.

The combat usually just annoys me so much that after a few weeks I can't take it anymore. That said I haven't played the game in 1-2 years now.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Because it was one of, I wanna say, 2 MMO's on Xbox prior to FFXIV going to Xbox. That's the reason as I understood it when I asked the same question years ago.

The only other MMO wasn't even really an MMO if I recall. It would be interesting to see what market share FFXIV takes away from it. Granted I think playing any MMO, much less a keyspam MMO, on a console would be aids.
FFXIV has always had a big PS crew and was built for it as well as PC, so xbox folks will probably do just fine.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The casual crowd absolutely loves the game, for the most part. I'm talking girls, non-game type dudes with poor hand/eye coordination etc. Because Valderen Valderen hit the nail on the head for me. I cannot stand the fucking combat. But I enjoyed questing in several of the zones and a lot of the puzzles. If they redid that floaty ass, spammy ass combat, they'd be on to something.

Xerge

<Donor>
Despite it being "spammy" and floaty the game technically has combat depth.

Anyone is able to browse ESO Logs - Combat Analysis for ESO and see this. In order to top parse you need to manage your rotation abilities 1-5, 1 second mouse clicks, your ultimate, and your group synergies, hence the term weaving. This is a skill on its own and if you don't master it you'll not pull enough weight for hard mode raid clears. I'll be honest, I couldn't master ESO's combat and reach over 100k DPS. I peaked at around 90k DPS parse and it was a struggle then. So realistically, ESO's combat are for ppl who love the challenge and can focus their eye/hand coordination like Daidraco Daidraco mentioned. It is also measurable and able to be analyzed for optimization, unlike say ...New World.

ESO's end game combat isn't for everyone thats for sure, I admit my defeat on it.

Edit: for the reason I explained; the team over the years have tried to scale back the DPS requirements for hard modes but the devs. are really stuck in a hard spot.

Last edited:

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This mmo is still fairly popular.

The fact that everyone is on the same server means that the game always fills full, no matter where you are at.

Ton of casuals, all the content stays relevant, the housing system is great, the storyline is fairly good with all quests voice acted as well.

Community for the most part is non toxic and friendly.

Certainly can't disagree with the combat...some people love it, some hate it...very little middle ground.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
played a few years back and the best recommendation I could ever make about this game's combat is to get an oakensoul ring so you can 1 bar and it infinitely improves how shitty the combat is to damn near top 10...ok maybe top 20 MMO combat.

I don't even know if that's still a thing and it was never "optimal" but it alleviated damn near everything wrong with the combat in this game

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
honestly 1 bar is the perfect amount of abilities for an action game in general, if ESO was slightly more actiony and if the attacks had more weight behind them. Light attack, Heavy Attack, 5 specials, and your ultimate, thats 8 attacks. especially since this game relies heavily on a single spammable + a single execute ability. That gives you 3 situational abilities and an ultimate.

unfortunately the game lacks situational type abilities and instead just has a bunch of attack/buff and low duration dots which kinda forces you to fill your time with spamming buttons instead of thinking about what actions you need to use

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user