The Elder Scrolls Online

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Since the genre was created MMO players have loved to whine and complain on the forums on just about every topic imaginable. The fact that this isn't a hot topic of conversation tells you one of two things. Either it isn't a problem anymore or there is a vast conspiracy of closed beta testers refusing to provide legitimate feedback about the problems in the game.

Besides, since you have consistently claimed to be in the closed beta, why aren't you posting about this combat lag problem yourself on the closed beta forums?
Honestly, between UT throwing shit torpedoes at this game and you and those other two guys licking it's balls clean, I think I'm just gonna give ESO a wide berth for now. Looking at your post history is super suspect and makes me wonder about your motives but given what you (and UT) both say, the truth is probably somewhere in-between which means this game is probably a 100+ million dollar lump of pixels with a nice sheen, and I'm not in the market for another average MMO right now. There are already too many out as it is.

If it does well, yay. I'll catch up with it later and since it's realm PvP, I won't miss that much. Hell, I may even be able to pick the side that sucks least and less likely to quit later on. If it tanks, then I saved $60 and I'll hit it up when it's F2P. But one thing's for sure, as much as UT has made some good points and looked like a lunatic with some Grassy Knoll points, you have done twice as much to turn me away doing your Dallas Cowgirl impressions.

I think I'll skip this round and just spring on Infamous for PS4 and Titanfall for PC to stay busy. At least I know with that game, I haven't seen many people saying it sucks so it seems like a safe thing to do for the short term.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I'd like to read that article because if Firor said that then he clearly did not read my post beta survey in which I described the combat as two sponges trying to fuck in a bowl of jello.
August 28th of 2013.

Found it.

Matt: I think it depends on.the first couple of beta sessions were all about combat, and how it didn't feel reactive enough, and it didn't feel heavy enough. So we spent a lot of time doing that, and now that feedback is getting much more positive, and now people are talking about the leveling experience, or crafting.
AusGamers Video Interview with The Elder Scrolls Online Game Director Matt Firor - AusGamers.com

Damn that is before my first beta test in November. I don't mind the combat really but so far, everything I have tested has been very squishy and very "wave near the mob and get credit for hitting it" unconnected. I have had button lag but not generally. I thought the sorc was the best of the three classes I have tried so far. Many more problems show up in melee.

signati_sl

shitlord
those other two guys licking it's balls clean
If mixing praise with criticism is ball-licking, then I think you don't have any objectivity or fairness cred. What, invested in a competitor?

W3WJMHRYAYERKFG9E49N

I don't know if that has been used (probably not), but if anybody needs it then they're welcome to try it.

Also, lag during a stress test? NO WAI! You'd almost think they were trying to stress the servers, almost like some kind of test. We should get Scooby Doo on this mystery.

edit: Fuck it, NDA is dropped. If the people talking combat lag knew what they were talking about, then they'd be talking about lag that glitches groups while zoning into dungeons -- the only kind of persistent, omnipresent, continuing lag problem that isn't the result of intentionally causing lag. The hater straw grasping in this thread has reached legendary levels. While we're at it, why don't we criticize Firor for claiming the souls of all players' firstborn children? We wouldn't want to be inconsistent with the quality and accuracy of criticism.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
We already had long time members confirm the combat still needs work. People with credibility. Gotta love that fanboy mentality of calling people haters for not liking your precious.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
We already had long time members confirm the combat still needs work. People with credibility. Gotta love that fanboy mentality of calling people haters for not liking your precious.
It's really just the melee, though. Ranged / casting work and feel fine. I swapped from dragonknight to templar and love the change for pvp personally.

signati_sl

shitlord
There's the problem. You're basing your judgement on who is speaking instead of what they say. But hey, if you're the follower type that works...

Personally, I question those with the mentality that anyone who isn't purely and only negative is a "fanboy". It would be hard to have any less integrity than that, and it raises a question: If you don't want to play it then why is it so important to shitpost about it?

"The combat needs work". Do you mean the work already occurring as we speak, the work already done and patched, or some other work? See, vague statements are easy to make but hard to justify. Anybody can string random negative statements together.

As someone who got very tired very quickly of GW2 pvp, will I like this at all?
It doesn't have match PvP. Did you mean to reference GW2's realm combat WvWvW? Then the endgame realm combat in Cyrodil is similiar to GW2's. Levelling up in PvE is different than in GW2.

Blackwulf

N00b
People asking if it's worth installing again, cause you didn't like it before, etc.: if you're one of the many who posted here saying you played for 5 minutes and then uninstalled cause the game was "garbage" or "a turd" or "a piece of shit", then, no, this isn't the game for you.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
MMOs are constantly a work in progress so saying "combat still needs work" is almost always going to be a correct statement.

Several long time posters have said the game is responsive to keystrokes and the problem has been blown way out of proportion by the haters. Do you believe them?

/cheerleading off

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Line of sight bug fixes were put in last patch.

/cheerleading off
He isn't talking about line of sight. He is talking about tab targeting action hits that hit a previous target even though you picked a new one after you drew your arrow.

MMOs are constantly a work in progress so saying "combat still needs work" is almost always going to be a correct statement.

Several long time posters have said the game is responsive to keystrokes and the problem has been blown way out of proportion by the haters. Do you believe them?

/cheerleading off
It's not bad in that way. If you push a button you get a timely on screen reaction. It lacks WoW or GW2 timing but it's better than Secret World or DDO. I found the sound of impact timing to be off and in melee I was able to hit things at a range greater than my weapon. So I swing, get the sound and damage of an impact but I am a foot too far away. Also, the walk and block animations are sort of retahded. I walk around with a staff in front of my face and that blocks arrows and firebolts? Hehehe it's sort of silly.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
People asking if it's worth installing again, cause you didn't like it before, etc.: if you're one of the many who posted here saying you played for 5 minutes and then uninstalled cause the game was "garbage" or "a turd" or "a piece of shit", then, no, this isn't the game for you.
Oki, saves me a lot of time.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
He isn't talking about line of sight. He is talking about tab targeting action hits that hit a previous target even though you picked a new one after you drew your arrow.
There you go trying to move the goalpost again and change the argument. I commented on the exact words he used. He explicitly mentioned "targeting and hitting while facing in the opposite direction". That behavior was fixed in the last patch.

There you go trying to move the goalpost again and change the argument. I commented on the exact words he used. He explicitly mentioned "targeting and hitting while facing in the opposite direction". That behavior was fixed in the last patch.
OK cool but that patch is not in this weekend right?

Telestin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm looking forward to playing the next beta.

TESO has really good PvP. However, I miss the days (like in Lineage 2) where you could PvP anywhere/anytime. TESO's PvP reminds me of DaOC (and what WAR could have been). My biggest concern with TESO PvP is the combat system. I think you're going to see a lot of one-on-one battles in which the combatants circle each other continuously until someone is dead. This may look extremely comical in large-scale open battles. But I am really looking forward to PvP.

My biggest concern is the PvE. Like most recent games, it seems to be extremely linear.