The Elder Scrolls Online

Are you new? I expect plenty of people to be VR ranks within days. Granted Imo you don't design for the hardcore, but to say "no one will be able to get to them" is crazy.
30 days. The crunch in GW2 and in SWOTOR took fricking 30 days. A huge chunk of the population woke up at max level in both games at that point and said... hey WTF PvE endgame is not in!

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Shall we bet on that? Shall we engage in a WAYYYYGAH regarding the chances of that horsepoop you just shat out as truth actually occuring? SHALL WE GAMBLE ON IT? Oh perhaps not... then perhaps purveying a company line that you KNOW taint NE'ER GONNA happen is DIS EN FUCKING GENUOUS.
Are you drunk? or is your shift key broken?

Are you drunk? or is your shift key broken?
It might be that I have had glass of wine. (also maybe I had Harvard over Cincy... I'm not saying... just maybe I am gonna win a BEEEELION DOLLAHS!!!) It sounds much funnier in my head when I read it. Think preacher with a Boston accent.

Point stands. He doesn't really think they are going to get a content patch out in 2-3 weeks following full release. If there is anyone on this entire board of Jaded Cynical stormwracked MMO flotsam and jetsam that thinks that Zenimax will get a content patch out within a month of release I will eat my shorts.

edit Oh never mind... NCState is going to beat SLU... how did that happen? Damn NOT BEELIONAIRE!

edit 2 HO HO TIED UP!!!!! STILL MAYBE BEEELIONAIRE!

edit3 Holy crud. Still alive!

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Are you new? I expect plenty of people to be VR ranks within days. Granted Imo you don't design for the hardcore, but to say "no one will be able to get to them" is crazy.
It took the hardcore players in my guild 3 weeks to get to VR10. There were only a handful of them. By the time a guild has enough VR 10s to run AZs, the first content patch should be out.

It took the hardcore players in my guild 3 weeks to get to VR10. There were only a handful of them. By the time a guild has enough VR 10s to run AZs, the first content patch should be out.
Was part of what they nerfed the AOE groups in the VR range? Someone sent me a PM on reddit today saying that was the real reason for the exp nerfs. People were powering though the VR levels in a day or two with aoe groups.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Ya gotta look at it like if you were able to throw a fireball at someone in real life, you wouldn't get numbers to tell you that you hit them, you would see a burst and maybe lingering fire/smoldering burning their clothes. You wouldn't know if someone is still disabled by your debuff unless they had a shadow swirling around them or if they were limping.
I'm pretty sure if I could pull fireballs out of my ass to throw at some guy in real life, I could also pull some damage numbers out along with it that tell me how much I just hit him for too if I wanted.

People are really gonna defend this with the craziness, huh?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There were people who got to Vr6 on just the weekend betas. Trust me you will see VR10s inside a week most likely.

There were people who got to Vr6 on just the weekend betas. Trust me you will see VR10s inside a week most likely.
I think so too. Has anyone ever lost money on betting how fast people can level up in an MMO? I think two weeks for the hardcore and a month for your typical MMO content eater like myself.

esloan_sl

shitlord
I thought players were locked to level 17 on the weekend betas?

I always assumed that those that were higher were PTS players not affected by the lock-out? Maybe I misread or misheard.....

esloan_sl

shitlord
I think so too. Has anyone ever lost money on betting how fast people can level up in an MMO? I think two weeks for the hardcore and a month for your typical MMO content eater like myself.
The ones who rush to endcap are going to be in for a world of hurt, especially relative to other MMOs. The need to find skyshards and pickup skill points in quests is going to be a pretty big deal. You might make it to level cap in 2 weeks but I think you are really gimping your character early doing it that way.

The ones who rush to endcap are going to be in for a world of hurt, especially relative to other MMOs. The need to find skyshards and pickup skill points in quests is going to be a pretty big deal. You might make it to level cap in 2 weeks but I think you are really gimping your character early doing it that way.
How come? Can't you just pull out a skyshard map and run around and do those in a couple of days?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought players were locked to level 17 on the weekend betas?

I always assumed that those that were higher were PTS players not affected by the lock-out? Maybe I misread or misheard.....
the pve content was locked via only the first island being open.Levels themselves were not locked. But people grinded repeatables in cyro.

How come? Can't you just pull out a skyshard map and run around and do those in a couple of days?
Yep.

Now they might lose out on NPC guilds , the free exp from bookshelves etc. But skyshards are pretty easy to go back and do, if they want.

esloan_sl

shitlord
Yeah, you can do that with skyshards but skill points from quests require you to do the quest line and any dungeons/areas that coincide with them. Which is more time added on. How much longer, I don't know but it will add to the time needed if you want to not only have a level cap character but an effective one.

Chesire_sl

shitlord
Try the dirty harry code , the first 500 players to level cap win a year's free play or they get banned from game for 2 months. So do you feel lucky punk ? well do yah ?

Caliane

Try the dirty harry code , the first 500 players to level cap win a year's free play or they get banned from game for 2 months. So do you feel lucky punk ? well do yah ?
I am not sure who is supposed to be the winner in this scenario.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Shall we bet on that? Shall we engage in a WAYYYYGAH regarding the chances of that horsepoop you just shat out as truth actually occuring? SHALL WE GAMBLE ON IT? Oh perhaps not... then perhaps purveying a company line that you KNOW taint NE'ER GONNA happen is DIS EN FUCKING GENUOUS.
I need help translating your post. ZOS stated the first adventure zones will be released in the first content patch which they have also stated is scheduled for late April. That has been common knowledge for a couple of weeks now. What are you wanting to bet on? That they will miss the late April timeframe?