The Elder Scrolls Online

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Quests breaking, instancing screwing up, lag, mail not working. It's officially a MMO launch lol.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
So I understand how you lose Emperor to the other factions, if they take all the keeps their top guy gets it, but can it trade hands among your own faction members? If someone on your faction surpasses the Emperor in points, and you still own all 6 keeps, do they become Emperor?
I actually like some of the ideas of this. Kind of reminds me of a far better "Overlord" from that F2P game.

Emperor - Full Guide

Best part is even if you lose the power, you keep your skill trees forever. Like I said before, it will get people in because somewhere in their head they all think they can be emperor, but in reality:

tumblr_mas4t1p0wb1rnck98o1_400.gif

A dollar and a dream. It's all you need.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
Its bad. you are just seeing the usual suspects who play every single mmo for 1-3 months, and insist they are having fun, so its totes worth the cash.

Its bad. Play gw2, play landmark, play ff14, play TSW, play Planetside2.
I dont even know what to say about this. Pro Elder Scrolls hater?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Looks like I picked a good time to go to sleep. Why am I posting on my phone in bed?

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
So can anyone explain the actions/abilities and button slots to me? I just hit level 10 on a Templar and am using a bow.

There's buttons 1-5, Q and R. What is R for? I can't put anything there. I now have 8 or so abilities I'd like to have on the action bar (I imagine it'll grow even more). Is that intentional? I haven't been able to figure out any kind of bar swap functionality.

I've seen the hints saying a 2nd swappable weapon at 15 gives an auto swapping action bar.

Am I missing something obvious? Or is it intended to force players to choose (I realize there's probably some console compatibility design contributing to this limitation as well)?
Servers just went down so I can't check the exact keybindings but I wanna say Q is the hotkey to change your weapon sets and R is your 'ultimate' ability. Ultimates come at lvl 12 and weapon swapping comes at lvl 15.

It is intentional, but I did see a loading screen hint that said you can use the same weapon type (same weapon?) in both weapon sets so you can use more abilities within the same skill line.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Looks like I picked a good time to go to sleep. Why am I posting on my phone in bed?
You're hoping the game is coming back up while you do it.

Or worried that you've been playing straight since headstart that you might lay down, go to sleep and not wake up again.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So can anyone explain the actions/abilities and button slots to me? I just hit level 10 on a Templar and am using a bow.

There's buttons 1-5, Q and R. What is R for? I can't put anything there. I now have 8 or so abilities I'd like to have on the action bar (I imagine it'll grow even more). Is that intentional? I haven't been able to figure out any kind of bar swap functionality.

I've seen the hints saying a 2nd swappable weapon at 15 gives an auto swapping action bar.

Am I missing something obvious? Or is it intended to force players to choose (I realize there's probably some console compatibility design contributing to this limitation as well)?
Q is "quickslots". Which is for consumables(potions, food, drink, treasure maps, seige, repair kits etc). Open inventory and Hit Q or select the top right button and you can place things in the Quick slots. Then when out fighting, Hit Q(default) and hold it to bring up the quickslots then use mouse to move around the radial to choose what you want, then just hit Q again to "use it".

1-5 are abilities. Can only have 5 per weapon equipped. When you hit 15 you can have a 2nd weapon equipped. You can either use the same weapon type in both slots or mix and match. Only 5 abilities per weapon bar and toggles will turn off if you switch to a weapon bar without that ability. Also which weapon you have equipped and its abilities you have on that bar are the ones "leveled" when you turn in a quest or get exp. So if you want to level something specific but not have it waste a spot on your usual combat bar you can just switch to 2nd weapon(2nd set of bars) before turning in a quest.

R is Ulitmate ability. Ability from each ability lines(no weapon skill ones though). So 3 class, the NPC guilds, PVP , werewolf/vamp etc. You can have same one on both bars or 2 different ones and switch between to use what you want(same ultimate resource pool iirc).

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ah that's right, Q is quickslot. I need to develop some kind of mnemonic for that so I can remember.

Also, from what you say Cinge, if I start every fight with a bow and then finish it with melee, the bow will never level?

Would be nice to save a few load-outs but unless I missed something that's not a feature. Personally I think the skill system is the most interesting part of the game and you can put together some really interesting builds. As a templar I can already forsee myself swapping at least 4-5 different builds depending on need, healing, pvp, support mix, tank, dps. Will get tiresome doing it manually all the time.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
That's because the server went down
Ut caved on his bet too early.

Servers broke, they knew it was unavoidable and announced maintenance.

/coat

edit : On a serious note looking in from the outside seems to be a good thing that people are enjoying the game so much they aren't posting on the forums about it ?

Tide27_sl

shitlord
I admit to believing all the negativity about this game from the outset and never downloaded or tried the beta myself. That being said, it is a new MMO and I enjoy playing them when they release just to get that fresh MMO smell, so I decided to buy it and expected to hate it based off of popular opinions around here.

However I am quite surprised at how much I enjoy this at the moment. There are a few bugs here and there, but nothing earth shattering that I haven't seen with any other previous MMO launch. The graphics and performance are much better than I expected as well. Another thing I am very surprised about is the character building aspect of the game. Reading that there was only 4 avail classes to play seemed like a terrible decision, but after reading up about it and actually trying it out it would seem there is almost an infinite amount of possibilities on gearing / traiting / skilling up with the various weapons / factions / and class lines.

Will this dethrone WoW or have the longevity of Everquest ? No. Will I be able to walk away after it is all said and done and be able to say I got my monies worth of entertainment out of it. Absolutely

Very happy with my purchase so far and don't regret it.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Would be nice to save a few load-outs but unless I missed something that's not a feature. Personally I think the skill system is the most interesting part of the game and you can put together some really interesting builds. As a templar I can already forsee myself swapping at least 4-5 different builds depending on need, healing, pvp, support mix, tank, dps. Will get tiresome doing it manually all the time.
Download Wykkyds addons for a skill and outfitter configuration tool.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Ut caved on his bet too early.

Servers broke, they knew it was unavoidable and announced maintenance.

/coat

edit : On a serious note looking in from the outside seems to be a good thing that people are enjoying the game so much they aren't posting on the forums about it ?
If you twist his arm you might get Tuco to admit he had fun running a PVE private dungeon last night. We pulled it off with no tank and a crappy healer (me).

Quaid

Trump's Staff
After all is said and done... One of the things I'm finding most enjoyable about this game (besides the awesome character advancement system) is the combat. Feels a ton better than earlier beta weekends.

Tredge

Vyemm Raider
I came for the PVP but the PVE has surprised me.

The game has pulled me in. I like the flexibility the character building allows so I can have some fun with theory crafting again. I also like the combat more than I expected despite the poor animations - they did a nice job mitigating or eliminating the cool down mechanic which needed to die.