The Elder Scrolls Online

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Let me go ahead and full quote your excerpt there Rescorla in no means of disrespect:

""1) We are not going to keep up our 2014 pace of updates in 2015 - and our future update pace will focus more on new adventures and game experiences than system changes. It's time to let the game breathe a little - we've done so many new features so quickly that we want to make sure everyone is on the same page with us. 1.6 alone has a complete rebalancing of most player abilities - we don't want to do that again, for example. Our #1 priority right now is getting Tamriel Unlimited launched on PC, and then focusing on a successful console launch. While we do those things, we have other teams already working on DLC and expect to see that start rolling out at some point after console launch settles down.""

This whole point reads "NO FUCKING THANKS" to me. I'm probably bad at reading comprehension though.
It all boils down to what he means by the term "updates", which I why I said he may be quibbling over semantics. His next sentence indicates he is clearly talking about system changes ex bug fixes, class balance, megaserver stability, etc. Those have all been significantly been improved since launch. Assuming the underlying system is now working as intended, there won't be as many incremental patches to fix bugs with the system. That is, IMO, what he is referring to when he is talking about "pace of updates".

Vitality

HUSTLE
Updates mean updates dude. Charging people a sub while saying we're not going to update the game means NO FUCKING THANKS.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
This whole point reads "NO FUCKING THANKS" to me. I'm probably bad at reading comprehension though.
I think your reading comprehension is fine. So does Rescorla.

It's just that Rescorla thinks you're a dumbass because this site doesn't have a lot of people who agree with him. Not even Blackwulf does anymore apparently.

It's gotta be tough to be the lone holdout still trying to sell people buggy whips when everyone has moved onto the horseless carriage.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I think Rescorla has some kind of underlying investment in this title. Which is fine with me.

When you hang on longer than Blackwulf it's pretty obvious.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Updates mean updates dude. Charging people a sub while saying we're not going to update the game means NO FUCKING THANKS.
You would have a valid point except you seem to be forgetting that the game goes B2P in March so they won't be charging people a sub anymore. I could care less about any of the stuff they are selling in the cash shop so I will be cancelling my monthly sub and just buying the DLC whenever it becomes available.

Vitality

HUSTLE
You would have a valid point except you seem to be forgetting that the game goes B2P in March so they won't be charging people a sub anymore. I could care less about any of the stuff they are selling in the cash shop so I will be cancelling my monthly sub and just buying the DLC whenever it becomes available.
My point still stands valid my man. The only thing that would invalidate it is a full refund of subscription dollars dating back to the last known update to the game.

I'm not trying to disrespect you here. I jost don't want people hopping in this thread to give it a look and even CONSIDER buying this game in 2015.

Edit: Blackwulf signifies a games last hope, and even HE jumped ship on this one.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
You would have a valid point except you seem to be forgetting that the game goes B2P in March so they won't be charging people a sub anymore.
Actually, they will be charging for a sub in March so I guess you're cancelling your April sub. Unless you're taking a two week break which doesn't sound like you regarding this game.

It doesn't go B2P until the 17th for a reason.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Actually, they will be charging for a sub in March so I guess you're cancelling your April sub. Unless you're taking a two week break which doesn't sound like you regarding this game.

It doesn't go B2P until the 17th for a reason.
I'm fine if you want to quibble over semantics.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
My point still stands valid my man. The only thing that would invalidate it is a full refund of subscription dollars dating back to the last known update to the game.

I'm not trying to disrespect you here. I jost don't want people hopping in this thread to give it a look and even CONSIDER buying this game in 2015.

Edit: Blackwulf signifies a games last hope, and even HE jumped ship on this one.
LOL don't go Full Utnayan on me bro. Since everyone who already bought the game will be able to play it for free next month, are you going to have a conniption fit if someone comes here and gives a positive review of the improvements made since launch? This of course assumes someone is even willing to post positive comments knowing that an army of haters will start attacking them for saying something positive about the game.

Vitality

HUSTLE
LOL don't go Full Utnayan on me bro. Since everyone who already bought the game will be able to play it for free next month, are you going to have a conniption fit if someone comes here and gives a positive review of the improvements made since launch? This of course assumes someone is even willing to post positive comments knowing that an army of haters will start attacking them for saying something positive about the game.
Go right ahead and give positive reviews about things they've improved. I'm all for that.

Trust me you had us in a pretty good spot mentally when you were actually giving positive reviews. Enough for + nets even.

Just don't be personally bent if people like me come in and tell you that the game is still terrible. It really makes the good things you say lose a lot of value.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I'd appreciate it if you quit calling facts semantic.
Well it is a fact the game is going B2P in March and also a fact that players will not have to pay a monthly sub while they wait for the DLC to arrive. You and Jackdaddio appear to be having problems acknowledging that.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Go right ahead and give positive reviews about things they've improved. I'm all for that.

Just don't be personally bent if people like me come in and tell you that the game is still terrible.
I don't give a rats ass what your opinion is about this game or any other one for that matter. If you don't like it then fine by me. Play whatever game you enjoy playing. Don't come here just making shit up you know isn't true though because you don't want people playing this game. That makes you come across as mentally unhinged.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Blame arthritis and the IPhone keyboard for that one. I added some more to the post.
It's okay dude, just remember I answered all your questions in the early days of Archeage without passing judgement to help you out. I'll continue to do the same in the next game I catch you in.

I'm not out to get you.

This is a discussion board about video games with peoples opinions about video games. You're here because you care. I appreciate that.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
I'm fine if you want to quibble over semantics.
Res, anyone currently playing ESO and wanting to until the changeover will have to pay a sub for March. That isn't a semantic. That's a fact.

The only way you don't is if the entire community shut down for two weeks and didn't play. Even if they prepaid with a sub plan, they've already been charged for March.

For a man who throws around the word semantic all the time, you SURE love to use it personally.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
It's okay dude, just remember I answered all your questions in the early days of Archeage without passing judgement to help you out. I'll continue to do the same in the next game I catch you in.

I'm not out to get you.

This is a discussion board about video games with peoples opinions about video games. You're here because you care. I appreciate that.
It would be nice if we could actually have a discussion about this game, to include the pros and the cons, but that hasn't really been possible because any attempts to discuss the improvements to the game are drowned out by the haters.

Since you brought Archeage up, do you see me shitting up that thread because I don't like that game? I wasted $150 on alpha access and didn't even bother playing it at launch. If I were posting in the Archeage thread trying to convince people to play a game I stopped playing in alpha ( and thus unaware of what improvements were made to the game) Tuco would have likely banned me a long time ago.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Res, anyone currently playing ESO and wanting to until the changeover will have to pay a sub for March. That isn't a semantic. That's a fact.

The only way you don't is if the entire community shut down for two weeks and didn't play. Even if they prepaid with a sub plan, they've already been charged for March.

For a man who throws around the word semantic all the time, you SURE love to use it personally.
I can see why you didn't understand Firor's comments.

Vitality

HUSTLE
It's extremely difficult to carry on a converation about this game when the other side thinks you're shit posting and doesn't care about your opinion at all.

We've had some good discussion about this recently but you're getting off track in my opinion.