The Elder Scrolls Online

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
PVE in Cyrodiil is scaled as well. And drops level appropriate gear. That's how I PVE'd for the first 45 levels of the game.

Cyrodiil is what TESO should have been as a whole.
Your edit is incorrect as well. All of the PVE content inside of Cyrodil is set to VR5 rank. It does not autoscale to your level. You are correct about the level of loot drops in Cyrodil.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The ONLY reason the single player TES games worked as sandbox games is because the content always auto scaled to whatever your current level was.
I personally found the vanilla TES autoscale system boring. The only way I was able to complete Oblivion was by using Oscuros Oblivion Overhaul mod that completely junked the autoscale system and assigned specific levels to every mob/quest/dungeon in the game
Did you just say that the only reason TES worked as sandbox games were because of auto-scaling, then say that you liked TES4 even more without it?

Go play Nehrim and then come back here and tell us the only reason single player TES games worked as sandbox was because of auto scaling.

Nehrim: At Fate's Edge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If you read
Gecko_sl said:
The game was boring and the complete opposite of all the single player Bethesda games I played and loved, in that they were all sandbox open world games with customization. I can see a console MMO being built on rails, but really the design for TESO missed by about ten years.
And interpretted it as, "ESO would be better if they didn't level-gate the content", then you probably have no idea why ESO is a terrible game.

Vitality

HUSTLE
If you read

And interpretted it as, "ESO would be better if they didn't level-gate the content", then you probably have no idea why ESO is a terrible game.
Or you're playing politician for a vested interest very few of us know about.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Did you just say that the only reason TES worked as sandbox games were because of auto-scaling, then say that you liked TES4 even more without it?

Go play Nehrim and then come back here and tell us the only reason single player TES games worked as sandbox was because of auto scaling.

Nehrim: At Fate's Edge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Huh? That link about Nehrim said the exact same thing I said about vanilla Oblivion autoscaling to your level. The Nehrim overhaul looks like it did the same exact thing the Oscuros overhaul did and replace autoscaling with preset specific levels for mobs, quests and dungeons. That means you can not go anywhere you want to whenever you want to.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
If you read

What do you interpret "open world sandbox" to mean? I interpret it to mean it plays like the TES single player games where you can go anywhere you want to in those games whenever you want to.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
giphy.gif

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok so I'm VR3 and right now on Eu megaserver the game is barely playable, Cyrodiil's lag is awful and it's all about zerg Vs zerg combat. I even have huge latency spikes in PvE zones. Some animations are better and overall the game feels more like a finished product but as soon as there's more than 20 people around in PvP, it's a goddamn slideshow. Bleh.

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
If you had an account previously, you should be able to play right now. I updated the launcher and was able to log in.

Libra_sl

shitlord
Is this seriously still $60? I was looking forward to trying this out when it went B2P but I don't know if I'm willing to pay $60 for admission. I figured the box/digital download would have been discounted pretty heavily by now.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Is this seriously still $60? I was looking forward to trying this out when it went B2P but I don't know if I'm willing to pay $60 for admission. I figured the box/digital download would have been discounted pretty heavily by now.
You could grab TESO for like 10 bucks a while ago but now the cheapest copy I saw was around 40 usd on some of those keyseller sites (MMOGA and thelike).

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Downloading now. I only ever made it to level 2 or 3 in Live even though I got the imperial edition.

I see their patcher still requires double the space for install, so still sits at a solid 80 gig install requirement. That patcher is so bad.

EDIT: I had the installer set to Europe, and my previous characters were on the NA server. Switching makes the patcher think I need to install the full game again. Forgot about that.

Elder Scrolls Online - How to Change Servers on PC (with Pictures) - Elder Scrolls Online

Worst patcher NA EU

EDIT 2: In order to use the change server repair trick (don't need to copy like above) it still requires the patcher to believe it needs to install again. Which makes it think it needs 80 gigs again. Installed it on a 150 gig SSD, so in order to make room, I need to delete the game. So, question, having not followed this game at all. Since they haven't fixed anything about the worst patcher ever made, is anything fixed in the game?

Blackwulf

N00b
Downloading now. I only ever made it to level 2 or 3 in Live even though I got the imperial edition.

I see their patcher still requires double the space for install, so still sits at a solid 80 gig install requirement. That patcher is so bad.

EDIT: I had the installer set to Europe, and my previous characters were on the NA server. Switching makes the patcher think I need to install the full game again. Forgot about that.

Elder Scrolls Online - How to Change Servers on PC (with Pictures) - Elder Scrolls Online

Worst patcher NA EU

EDIT 2: In order to use the change server repair trick (don't need to copy like above) it still requires the patcher to believe it needs to install again. Which makes it think it needs 80 gigs again. Installed it on a 150 gig SSD, so in order to make room, I need to delete the game. So, question, having not followed this game at all. Since they haven't fixed anything about the worst patcher ever made, is anything fixed in the game?
Honestly, if the patcher is dominating you this much, you might wanna just skip this one.