The Elder Scrolls Online

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Website for up to date info on character builds? Playing a sorcerer but would like info for all classes...

Only level 6 on it atm, just started last night. So far just put a point into the first Lightning skill and 1 into the Familiar pet in Summoning. Other than that no points spent, using a destruction staff. Really no clue what's good for leveling and what to morph, though!

Blackwulf

N00b
Website for up to date info on character builds? Playing a sorcerer but would like info for all classes...

Only level 6 on it atm, just started last night. So far just put a point into the first Lightning skill and 1 into the Familiar pet in Summoning. Other than that no points spent, using a destruction staff. Really no clue what's good for leveling and what to morph, though!
Most of us that played are pretty out of date I think. You'll get more helpful replies here:Elder Scrolls Onlineor here:Tamriel Foundry Forums

Vegetoee_sl

shitlord
These guys ruined what could have been a great MMO. All they had to do was create Skyrim the MMO. Maybe a few tweaks to make encounters more difficult and add some new interesting skills and viola! Instead they give you a shit sandwich.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Picked this up for PS4, much more fun on a console than it was on pc for some reason.

Are warriors just completely shit in this game? Tried the dragonknight a bit, had full plate gear and a dropped 2 hander and the dude would get gibbed any time 2 mobs got pulled.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Picked this up for PS4, much more fun on a console than it was on pc for some reason.

Are warriors just completely shit in this game? Tried the dragonknight a bit, had full plate gear and a dropped 2 hander and the dude would get gibbed any time 2 mobs got pulled.
That's always happened.

Also, I cry every time I see this thread at the top of the page, or even on page 1.

Brikker

Trump's Staff

Add me BrikkerLive, also playing ps4 (bow night blade on aldmeri).

Rescorla_sl

shitlord

What level are you? In PVE you should be able to handle 2 mobs at a time regardless of what class you play. Only exception would be if you are fighting mobs several levels higher than you and you don't block or get out of telegraphs.

My VR16 with a couple hundred champion points is on the PC version. I got a PS4 before Christmas so the idea of playing this on the PS4 is appealing but there is no way in hell I would start all over from scratch.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
The leveling does seem quite slow. I've done both mob grinding and questing. Questing is slightly more interesting and seemed a bit faster (plus more skill points and gear/gold).

Brikker

Trump's Staff
You don't need to do every quest in every zone. Focus on the 4 main story quests in each zone, do the POI's and kill each Delve boss, and move on to the next zone.
I've been doing all of that AND all the quests I come upon and it still seems slowish leveling. How would doing just those things you mentioned be enough exp? This is on PS4 by the way. I notice subbing for $15/month offers "bonus exp" so maybe it's a large enough boost to allow just story quests and some POI's to level.

esloan_sl

shitlord
I've been doing all of that AND all the quests I come upon and it still seems slowish leveling. How would doing just those things you mentioned be enough exp? This is on PS4 by the way. I notice subbing for $15/month offers "bonus exp" so maybe it's a large enough boost to allow just story quests and some POI's to level.
I've been playing again and I do all of the main storyline quests in each zone, all the delve bosses and a smattering of side quests that happen to attract my attention. I also do the instanced dungeons in each level bracket. I have found myself outleveling a zone before I am done with it.

I am currently subbed, but even without that, I think I would outlevel a zone before I completed everything.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I've been playing again and I do all of the main storyline quests in each zone, all the delve bosses and a smattering of side quests that happen to attract my attention. I also do the instanced dungeons in each level bracket. I have found myself outleveling a zone before I am done with it.

I am currently subbed, but even without that, I think I would outlevel a zone before I completed everything.
Yea I saw a sub is just 10% exp boost so doubt that helps much. I just do everything because it's all new but I'll be looking for the more efficient method (non-grinding) for a 2nd character, eventually. What platform are you playing on? PS4 seems to have a lot of players around on NA server but, even on a Saturday night, the group finder has never once found me a group for the first few dungeons. Queue'ing Any Dungeon and playing for a few hours and nada. I queue up when I get on every time I play and it never pops.

For Main Story quests, are you talking JUST the quests that fall under the Main Story category, or also the Fighter/Mage guild quests too?

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Is the dungeon finder broken YES or NO?! - Elder Scrolls Online

In the LFG options, you can mark yourself as Healer, tank or dps

BUT you can also leave all three off and if I do that, I have never got a group. (I am am guessing a lot of people do that by mistake as its the DEFAULT setting and therefore never get a group)

On the other side, when I marked myself as Tank, healer and DPS, I got a group instantly. (as the tank)

They should change it so you can't turn off all three options (have the DPS one always on) Still I think the LFG tool need a lot of work anyway, as its never been good
Never tried it myself, i didn't even think the game had a group finder. does it instantly port you to the dungeon when it works?

Flake

Golden Knight of the Realm
You can hit vr1 in a day and vr16 in under a week if you grind in IC or the DLC using exp scrolls. Sub + Group of 2 + exp pot/scroll + pledge of mara = done.