The Elder Scrolls Online

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
You guys are really underestimating the appeal of MMOs on consoles, IMO. EQOA with a controller on a couch was tons of fun and with the next gen consoles getting more MMOs, expect to see most growth in the MMO sector in the console space.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You guys are really underestimating the appeal of MMOs on consoles, IMO. EQOA with a controller on a couch was tons of fun and with the next gen consoles getting more MMOs, expect to see most growth in the MMO sector in the console space.
Works for me. Just have to get another TV in the living room so I can raid and watch Game of Thrones at the same time.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
It does appear they may be retooling the game away from a traditional MMO to a more 'Multiplayer TES'.
Which is an excellent idea if you think about it. There's more interest in coop then watered down PVE/PVP shared games.

Much love for the first person view and nice realistic graphics, and not the 'stylized' cartoon look which isn't my cup of tea. I'm glad they are pushing this out so it'll have more time to bake. It sounds like it needs it. Early 2014 on both consoles might be the best strategic move for this guy. I guess if I could play Skyrim and Dark Souls with a controller, I can play an MMO. Something I wouldn't have considered a few years ago.

Which is an excellent idea if you think about it. There's more interest in coop then watered down PVE/PVP shared games.

Much love for the first person view and nice realistic graphics, and not the 'stylized' cartoon look which isn't my cup of tea. I'm glad they are pushing this out so it'll have more time to bake. It sounds like it needs it. Early 2014 on both consoles might be the best strategic move for this guy. I guess if I could play Skyrim and Dark Souls with a controller, I can play an MMO. Something I wouldn't have considered a few years ago.
Agreed; a Multiplayer TES somehow upsets me a lot less than a half-baked 'TES MMO'. Shits still gotta have housing though!

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
We don't have any official statements they are retooling the game, so you guys are just speculating. I'm assuming they're gonna try to be a shitty MMO until they say otherwise.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Where the fuck is UT at? I thought he would have been all over this shit by now. He die from laughter or something?

DMK_sl

shitlord
He's in the mirror practising his "I'm not going to say I told you so but just look at me and I'll look at you and we will both know that I told you so" Face.

Sean_sl

shitlord
He's in the mirror practising his "I'm not going to say I told you so but just look at me and I'll look at you and we will both know that I told you so" Face.
Either that or he's in a hospital ER with third degree penis burns from furiously masturbating to being so ridiculously right.

Blackwulf

N00b
So I think my original meltdown over this console business might have been a bit of an overreaction. I was just really pissed when I bought Skyrim and had to suffer with that fucking horrible console to PC port for their UI and menus. When I heard they were going to make this game for the next gen consoles I had flashbacks or something. After cooling off, it might not be all bad. Sage and Firor are both on record at E3 saying that the PC game will not suffer as a result of this, especially with regard to having their own server, their own UI, etc. They even say that the pc game will NOT come with native game controller support (but you can use a third party program.) Additionally it's been confirmed again that UI mods will be allowed, and one preview I read had the guy talking about seeing the 'mod' menu in game already:http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti...e-In-Instantly

That, coupled with so many positive sounding reviews coming out of E3 has got my hopes kindled just a bit:http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/06...crolls-online/

Anyway, I'm still irritated by this console thing, but on the bright side, it might help them make a lot more money in sales which will result in a healthier budget to keep the game alive in the long run. We'll see. They've got a year to convince me that they aren't going to devolve the PC version into some kind of crappy console port.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
You guys have to lose your old console mentality. This generation of games simply will not be held back or handicapped like the games of yore. The new consoles architectures are identical to PC and compared to steams listings of the average computers, way more powerful than most people's PCs.

Add to that, my PS2 had keyboard support, this is a non issue. FFXIV is doing a fabulous job with making separate UIs and personally I don't give three fucks about UI mods. Those really cheapen the game.

I also find character movement more enjoyable with a controller than WASD tbh.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Since it isn't cross platform it's basically separate games. PC players will play with Mac players but that's it.

My only concern is if I have to buy the game twice to play it on PC and console. I'm fine with having to play alts.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Since it isn't cross platform it's basically separate games. PC players will play with Mac players but that's it.

My only concern is if I have to buy the game twice to play it on PC and console. I'm fine with having to play alts.
Either way, its a non issue really. I wish they would make it cross platform actually.

And yes you would have to buy it twice. I mean if you wanted to play BF3 on your computer and PS3 you have to buy 2 copies so why would this be any different?

xzi

Mouthbreather
I guess I got a beta invite and I'm going to try it to pass the time til Wildstar comes out.

Anyways, you should check your emails for the like two of you that are interested.

Blackwulf

N00b
I guess I got a beta invite and I'm going to try it to pass the time til Wildstar comes out.

Anyways, you should check your emails for the like two of you that are interested.
Well, at the very least, that confirms that the beta really exists, heh.