The Elder Scrolls Online

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
In all honesty I don't remember what your specific complaints or compliments were toward ESO's pvp. I just know that when you don't know a component of ESO you make up positive bullshit.

All that stuff sounds good. Doesn't change the fundamental problems of the game though. The core of meaningful PVP is an aggressor taking something from someone. That doesn't exist in ESO and likely never will. BTW: Are you saying that bat swarming is still OP as fuck and hasn't been nerfed yet?
Since TESO launched, when I've gotten bored with the game I've taken extended breaks to play Archeage, Wildstar and WoW. My self esteem and mental health is not tied into fabricating positive bullshit about a game that I have frequently acknowledged has some major design problems. Some of those design problems have been fixed since launch while some still remain.

Bat swarm has indeed been nerfed a couple of times since launch but the change in 1.6 affects Ultimate regen across the board, thus abilities like bat swarm (even nerfed it's still one of the best ultimates in the game) won't be used as frequently as they are now.

It all goes back to the discussion over the past couple of pages about TESO's lack of a GCD, no cooldown on abilities, and animation clipping. A skilled PVPer knows how to take advantage of those gameplay mechanics to the point they can use an Ultimate ability, spam some AOE abilities, and a few seconds later have generated enough Ultimate to reuse the Ultimate ability. ZOS stated that Ultimate abilities were not intended to be used so frequently so they completely revamped how Ultimate is generated which now forces you to make a strategic decision on when to use them.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Jumping into an entire raid of 40 enemies with bat-swam gear and just stalemating them until the rest of your force gets there is a strategic decision!

And no portabella has ever tasted like a decent steak. Total myth!

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
They didn't tell us to piss off. They had 'ok' answers for most of our specific moderate complaints, half-answers for our major complaints and 'sorry that's not where we're going' for our fundamental complaints.

Bottom line is that meaningful PVP is built on fighting someone or a group you know or taking something from someone. ESO has neither and never will.
100% pure speculation about the future of PVP in TESO. Whether you think this makes the PVP meaningful or not is up to you.

If you assume that the console version does well, then future PVP content (like Cyrodil city) will cater towards the kind of PVP the console gamers like. By that I mean instanced, team vs team PVP like you see in Call of Duty games. I don't see console gamers like my son wanting to spend several hours roaming the map in Cyrodil looking for some PVP action. They will want to queue up for it and get right into the action.

Vitality

HUSTLE
100% pure speculation about the future of PVP in TESO. Whether you think this makes the PVP meaningful or not is up to you.

If you assume that the console version does well, then future PVP content (like Cyrodil city) will cater towards the kind of PVP the console gamers like. By that I mean instanced, team vs team PVP like you see in Call of Duty games. I don't see console gamers like my son wanting to spend several hours roaming the map in Cyrodil looking for some PVP action. They will want to queue up for it and get right into the action.
Did Wheeler okay this direction shift?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Hell I don't know that's why I said it's pure speculation. Wheeler has been pretty much incommunicado lately and I'm not aware of any official information about how Cyrodil City PVP will function. I just assume the PVP design will be fundamentally different than what is already in the game. Since the number of console players has the potential to significantly dwarf the number of PC players, I'm just putting 2 and 2 together and assuming future PVP content will cater to the console players.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think instanced 5v5 or 10v10 would be better than Cyrodiil. The zerg vs zerg and siege gameplay is only fun if you ultimately care about the result from a war-level perspective.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah the problem with TESO back in the day was its clunky combat gameplay and anonymous, mindless PvP. I heard they put a lot of work around combat gameplay so I'll definitely try 1.6 to see what they did. About anonymous PvP, I've heard about guild tabards. Is that a thing ? With a mod like FTC it could be nice regarding anonimity. Also they changed how AoE cap works, it's still there but punishes more people running in zergs. As of PvP, I'm bored of small-scale instanced model, therefore right now I'd rather run around ganking people in Cyrodiil than trying hard WoW arenas/RBGs again.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Yeah the problem with TESO back in the day was its clunky combat gameplay and anonymous, mindless PvP. I heard they put a lot of work around combat gameplay so I'll definitely try 1.6 to see what they did. About anonymous PvP, I've heard about guild tabards. Is that a thing ? With a mod like FTC it could be nice regarding anonimity. Also they changed how AoE cap works, it's still there but punishes more people running in zergs. As of PvP, I'm bored of small-scale instanced model, therefore right now I'd rather run around ganking people in Cyrodiil than trying hard WoW arenas/RBGs again.
Yes to guild tabards being in the game now.

If you like to gank in Cyrodil then I predict a lot more opportunities for that when 1.6 goes live. Reason for that is a lot of VR14s have already done all the PVE quests in the game. Until new PVE content is released their only source of PVE quest experience will be from the daily PVE quests in Cyrodil. I think the gankers are going to have a hey day preying on all the players trying to complete the Cyrodil PVE dailies.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure I read that the console and PC servers are separate but you can pay to transfer your characters across.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
I hope they keep their promise that people who bought the PC version gets to buy it for the console dirt cheap and freely move their characters over....

esloan_sl

shitlord
I hope they keep their promise that people who bought the PC version gets to buy it for the console dirt cheap and freely move their characters over....
As far as I know, anyone who bought it by June will get the console version for like $20 and a free character import from the PC version to the console. You will still have your character on the PC version but will have an exact copy of him/her on the console.

Also, there will be separate servers for the PC, XBox One and PS4 versions. None of them will be able to play on the same server.

As far as the complaints above, I agree with many of them. The lack of name plates is completely inexplicable. I can find absolutely no rationale for that, at all. Make them optional, like every other MMO, but there is simply no reason not to have them.

The other complaints I simply do not have enough experience to address. I know bat swarm was a problem but maybe the new ultimate generation will fix that? I have no idea.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Poor Wheeler. Good dude
frown.png
Man did he get fucked over during PvP development. Would have been cool to see what would have happened had he been assigned actual assets for more than a year and a half before launch while they used 90% of their resources to pass the same zone 3 times. Good show Sage - good show.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Poor Wheeler. Good dude
frown.png
Man did he get fucked over during PvP development. Would have been cool to see what would have happened had he been assigned actual assets for more than a year and a half before launch while they used 90% of their resources to pass the same zone 3 times. Good show Sage - good show.
dont worry to much. he will still use it on his resume and it will still impress future employers.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
He didn't give an answer to that. My guess is yes he wanted nameplates and got shut down in that debate along with many others that affected PvP. From what I could tell he had a limited set of stuff he could control and game decisions that weren't entirely limited to Cyrodiil were largely outside his realm of power.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Didn't wheeler initially put in nameplates and they got disabled?
By none other than our friendly in house dunce, Paul Sage. Reason?

"WoW has name plates and TESO should be different".

I shit you not. That is the reason why there aren't nameplates. And Sage won't back down because it would mean he would have to admit he was wrong about the most idealistic retarded decision known to man kind and he would have to eat his own ego.

The guy should have NEVER been promoted over Lambert, and had Lambert been in the position of Sage, I bet we would all be playing this game right now.