The Elder Scrolls Online

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
I definitely agree there should be an auto-jump to 10 if they want PVP tested/introduced. Especially if it's more engaging than the PVE- I'd give it a shot myself. I doubt a significant portion get past 3-5 over the weekend due to the log-in issues/quest chains breaking/general grindy length of the process. Maybe they will on another test cycle.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
you float about 1000 feet in lunar gravity when you jump
Just watched, for the very first time, a gameplay video. I assume it was an official one (no email incrustation anywhere), which made it worse as it was supposed to be promotional, and show the game at its best.

If that was the best they could show, well...

Tonic_sl

shitlord
Just tried to install in so I could join the bashing, but the patcher kept installing the game, saying it couldn't unzip, suggesting to repair, and then trying to reinstall the entire game. Tried everything I could think of, to no avail. Guess my computer realizes how bad the game is and wants to save me some time.

Thanks compy.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The PvP is in no way fun. Why? The horribly unresponsive combat system. They could have the best PvP design in the world, and nothing will change the way combat works today. It's awful. That and yeah, I agree. Very little people are going to slog through the boredom to get to it. It's another version of "game starts at so and so level... Play for a month, buy the game, get that far, realize it isn't the case... But if everyone did it, the publisher just got a box sale and a month sub."

spronk

FPS noob
The Elder Scrolls Online: not the MMO we want, the MMO Curt Schilling thinks we deserve

it is weird there is no big "fuck me" moment in the first hour. I mean Skyrim had that shit with the prisoners, the goddamn dragon flying in, having to choose a faction, escape, etc. I was so jazzed to play Tomb Raider after its intro. In TESO I just wandered around for an hour looking at fucked up mannequin models and hundreds of looted urns, pressing E a lot. I think at some point something happened with the prophet and Brienne of Tarth, but I was off staring at a wall and missed it. Then just a whole lot more E key on an island, before I had enough of this boring shit and alt-f4'd.

I just can't figure out why anyone at Zenimax said "yeah, lets open up our beta to hundreds of thousands of people and give them this first impression, stuff is gold! GOLD!!" The weekend definitely turned me from a "well...maybe..." to a definite "haha fuck no, wait till f2p"

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I posted this three months ago, and my guess is things haven't changed at all. I'll bow out of this thread, as I am bummed they missed the boat on this game, which really just needed to be a multiplayer version of Skyrim.

It's 10 times uglier than GW2, combat feels like garbage, and the interface is poor.

I'm a huge Elder Scrolls fan. I've bought all of their games at release. I might be the only person on this board who actually liked Oblivion. I wouldn't touch this game with a ten foot pole after playing it for a few hours.

I was cautiously optimistic for this game, but after playing it for a few hours I have to say it's just completely awful.

I have zero interest in this now.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
They need to pull a Titan/FFXIV and admit the shit needs to be scrapped and started over just using some assets or such.

Square actually apologized for releasing a terrible game and shut it down after launch and relaunched a new fun one for a while at least , Blizzard decided that Titan wasn't on the right track and pushed the reset button in early alpha ( if even that stage ).

You have to give props to both for doing that , now ESO could be the one to say , " hey our beta is getting such crap we need to press at least the partial reset button and push this release date way out"

Will they ? Absolutely not , they will milk the ES IP for as much as possible at launch for box sales and maybe a month of sub from the console and pc side and then the game will go F2P faster than TSW and SWTOR.

The only reason this game makes a dime is the ES name , it would get laughed for being a joke if this beta had been released with just a new generic fantasy IP.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Dat graphics engine

Taken from another site

68TFmxG.jpg

oFIe8BW.jpg

cu4tVtc.jpg

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
The game is trash but I honestly don't care that is doesn't have super awesome graphics. No one should really care about graphics as long as the gameplay is good - it's all that really matters for an MMO when you get right down to it.

asfastasican_sl

shitlord
I think the combat would be a hell of a lot better if they didn't have "lock-on" targeting when it comes to using abilities. That's the real reason people loved the shit out of Morrowind on release over 10 years ago. You walked into your first cave and said "Oh shit, I can aim my bow and shoot arrows at these mobs like an FPS."

The only thing this lock-on targeting bullshit does is make the animations and attacking feel clunky, as opposed to being able to run around and fight freely. We all shouldn't suffer just because they dont want us to "Miss" our spells.

I think them trying to appeal to casuals with the easy mode targeting fucked them over hard and made this game less like TES. I feel the same way about 3rd person mode. If they added better visuals to notify the player when the enemy is about to do an AOE attack, you would be able to dodge attacks and enjoy 1st person mode. They really pussied out when they allowed for 3rd person view to be used.

No way I could bear getting to level 10. I would rather go cut my grass over and over.
Haven't logged on in a while, but FWIW I found the low levels to be really bland compared to the later content and gameplay. Early zones you really feel like you're on rails, and I don't think you even get weapon swap until 15 or so, which makes combat terribly boring until then. Later on it opens up a bit and the combat gets a little better... but if you really hate the game then that's not going to be enough to change your opinion.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
If anything it's more on rails feeling later than in the early parts. Simply because early on you have the entire landmass and can go anywhere and later the landmass opens up but you can't go there and are stuck on a clear rail road progression.

In fact you can draw a line between quests on the map just like in wow or any other shit mmo showing the quest rail road. Don't follow the path and you're punished.

Nothing like an actual elder scrolls game which these hacks obviously never played or have no clue why people enjoy them. If only they had listened when this all started.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Game is not good but who really gives a shit about graphics in an MMO? I'd take game play > graphics any day.
i agree, but it's not like this game is being made by some brand new start up company. i mean, they've probably thrown well over a hundred million dollars at this game, so there is no excuse for the graphics to look like they came from 2005. the fact that it's clunky as fuck doesn't help, either.

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
idk, I think graphics are a legitimate issue. I can overlook them to an extent, but an MMO is something where you're staring at shit A LOT. I mean, remember how much everyone hated luclin models? shit matters.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Graphics aren't a huge deal for our group but the uninspired graphics in TESO are a huge warning flag that the rest of the game may be uninspired. Which it is.