The Elder Scrolls Online

vulken3_sl

shitlord
Just got done with all 4 class's and the 3 starting area's past the dungeon.

1 the startup feel's so much like dcuo. I hate having to wade through it time after time when i have completed it already. They need a option to by pass it.

2 i was getting some latency issue's however being beta i can let that go. I can not let the feeling that when i jump i somehow float for a few secounds .

3 The starting area's opening up past the dungeon are ok in size , and you can skip quest's but this game seem's to be a fetch / kill game again no matter how they try to sale it.

4 the weather system is nice touch.., went through a nice thunderstorm and was pleasently suprised.

5 combat should either be auto aim , or self aiming.., they should not be doing auto hit's with some thing's while ignoring other's. I can auto hit with magic and spell's even when i turn at time's. I stand right on the target and swing a weapon and whiff ... lol ok

6 texture's and what not are better then tor i think when turned up .

I can see putting a half hour here and their casually in this game but as it stand's their is no way this thing should be a full buy plus sub cost. They should do a straight buy and add a ftp system in. Though from what i have seen in beta people are just so happy to see a new mmo that they will not acknowldge the problem's at hand. It's like they forget that they have a chance to make the thing better.

O well like i said about hope in one hand and shitting in the other still stand's.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
its really sad this game isn't gonna have any staying power, this is the kind of art style that I love and I almost refuse to play wildstar even if it is the better MMO based on their choice of cartoon network style graphics.

Crell_sl

shitlord
Still cant get past the Webget request fail error, giving up. Honestly can't see how it's worth my time. Gunna go play Skyrim and get my ES fix.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Since I was the one that started this thread, and haven't posted in it since, I figured it was time to weigh in now that I have had an evening to play it. The best way to sum it up for me is that ESO is stuck between a single player game and an mmorpg. The problem is that it does neither particularly well. There were some well done moments (some of the quests felt great), but the longer I played I kept asking myself why I'm not logging out to play any of the great single player rpg's I own or an mmorpg that actually has some deep game play. Graphics are nice at max, the models are ok - but the animations are horrible, and the combat feels like I was swinging a pillow at the breeze. Finding chests in the wild was cool at first, and the lockpick game was cool at first as well but increasingly annoying the longer I played. Crafting is what you would expect - get tradeskill ingredients and click to craft.

If you don't have beta yet, and won't before you have the chance to purchase the game, I have included a handy checklist to help you decide whether or not to purchase the game when it comes out:

Do you want massive PvP? Go play GW2 WvWvW or the DAOC server that's talked about on this forum.
Do you want a great action RPG? Go play any of the Elder Scrolls single player games, or better yet, Naughty Dog's best Uncharted game to date: Assassin's Creed IV.
Do you want a great MMORPG? Go play pretty much any other MMO out there instead of this one, and likely F2P (Hi2u EQ test server, Rift, hell even SWTOR)
Do you want all of these in one game, done well, worth $60 with a sub of $15 a month? Of course you do! Who doesn't? In that case, stay the fuck away from this game.

Crell_sl

shitlord
Since I was the one that started this thread, and haven't posted in it since, I figured it was time to weigh in now that I have had an evening to play it. The best way to sum it up for me is that ESO is stuck between a single player game and an mmorpg. The problem is that it does neither particularly well. There were some well done moments (some of the quests felt great), but the longer I played I kept asking myself why I'm not logging out to play any of the great single player rpg's I own or an mmorpg that actually has some deep game play. Graphics are nice at max, the models are ok - but the animations are horrible, and the combat feels like I was swinging a pillow at the breeze. Finding chests in the wild was cool at first, and the lockpick game was cool at first as well but increasingly annoying the longer I played. Crafting is what you would expect - get tradeskill ingredients and click to craft.

If you don't have beta yet, and won't before you have the chance to purchase the game, I have included a handy checklist to help you decide whether or not to purchase the game when it comes out:

Do you want massive PvP? Go play GW2 WvWvW or the DAOC server that's talked about on this forum.
Do you want a great action RPG? Go play any of the Elder Scrolls single player games, or better yet, Naughty Dog's best Uncharted game to date: Assassin's Creed IV.
Do you want a great MMORPG? Go play pretty much any other MMO out there instead of this one, and likely F2P (Hi2u EQ test server, Rift, hell even SWTOR)
Do you want all of these in one game, done well, worth $60 with a sub of $15 a month? Of course you do! Who doesn't? In that case, stay the fuck away from this game.
This!

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Well 2 days into the download and im 7 percent in.

Oh well, guess I wont be playing this. Ridiculous. Meanwhile Steam was able to fully download 5 games. Not sure why their servers are patching SO DAMN SLOW.

Kaosu

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This game is getting shit on every time I read a thread about it on any forum.

It's basically DOA from what I gathered and going to be a huge headache for the guys in charge of money atZeniMax.
FTFY.

Pretty sure Beth Game studios has little to do with the MMO. It'd be like saying id software is responsible for the state of this game.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well 2 days into the download and im 7 percent in.

Oh well, guess I wont be playing this. Ridiculous. Meanwhile Steam was able to fully download 5 games. Not sure why their servers are patching SO DAMN SLOW.
Its the thousands of soon to be disappointed fanboys hurling themselves at Bethesda's door.

We're already seeing on the most popular topic comes launch : "requesting character load bug".
Yeah what is up with this , zones take forever to load or just dont want to load. Was fine yesterday , today it just takes so damn long and i mean like 10 mintues long at one point. But yeah , I agree with Anomander.....game is just lacking in a lot of areas.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I'm going to laugh when 20 million people are playing this because Elder Scrolls + Consoles.

It's going to be the largest rift between PC/Consoles sales since Call of Duty.

spronk

FPS noob
i will say, if you are in the stress go play the orc homeland first and then fuck off the rest of the game. Its probably the best homeland and starting zone, the others are all pretty meh. has anyone made it to like level 20 or 30? I got to the main town (morrowind?) at level 8 and just couldn't keep going, its all the same small maps with walking from A to B to C back to A doing dopey quests.

The only thing that could possibly slightly redeem the game is them powerleveling the testers to max level and letting them fuck around with the end game for a day, since we all know leveling is one of those things you do once, and even if its extremely tedious like here or FF14 or TERA its still not supposed to be "the game". Don't have much faith though that TESO has an actual working endgame, or that most people could actually get to it without giving up long before.

its crazy to think this game is launching in UNDER 3 MONTHS - 4/4/14

Binkles_sl

shitlord
I could stomach this game better if a critical mass of people I knew were playing while being able to level up entirely by PVP with little or no detriment. Everything about this game seems a bit dated.