The Elder Scrolls Online

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rescorla is my user name in every MMO since WoW, to include the short time I played Tera with FOH. Until the NDA is removed, I will just say don't be surprised to find out Utnayan was wrong.
Allright I understand then. Though, for the record the "Tortage syndrome" doesn't prevent anyone from leveling, it's just a matter of "we polished the shit of our game, but only the 20 first levels, rest is straight alpha quality, sorry !"

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Allright I understand then. Though, for the record the "Tortage syndrome" doesn't prevent anyone from leveling, it's just a matter of "we polished the shit of our game, but only the 20 first levels, rest is straight alpha quality, sorry !"
I played AOC at launch and fully understand the Tortage reference. IMO it doesn't apply.

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Mine was world first (to my knowledge based on Monkly Business) Monk Epic 1.0 and Monk Epic 1.5! Unfortunately, My 1.0 quest has disappeared from the internetz, but 1.5 lives on after 10 years!Monk Epic 1.5 - COMPLETE in Monk Quests Forum.

(Note, it was kinda gay how I got world first for 1.0. The last turn in was bugged, so there were like 6 monks waiting to do the final turn in after a patch and my server (Tunare) just happened to come up like 10 minutes before anyone else. I was camped at the turn in spot, logged on, got epic, ScreenShot, log out, post to Monkly Business. +e-peen that I will brag about 12 years later!

Eat it Soygen.
That's ok, if you weren't in the irc channel where we basically hard the start of our quest leaked to us I'm still not convinced ANYONE would've figured that quest out. iirc was me and zad and a few others and then...Wakefield? The guy from test server that had to point us to where to go. Monk ended up being one of the first epics finished or some shit, but we were dead last starting it out, nobody had any fucking clue where to go. Even when we knew what to do shit was obtuse, the first person to hand the robe of the whistling fists in was my guildmate at the time who I took forever to convince and he ended up botching the second step and losing the robe. Good times.

Unfortunately, there is no raiding in ESO
Adventures zones are 24 player raid style content.
After some research I think Rescorla has this one right. I found this at Massively:

When I asked Sage about raiding, he said that ESO's adventure zones are designed for larger groups of PvE players. You can actually go into the adventure zones with a small group and accomplish some goals, but there are large areas in these maps dedicated to larger group experiences. There will be some warning when you're about to trigger one of these encounters (and they may even end up instanced), so a small group won't suddenly find itself face to face with a Daedric Prince!
ZeniMax's Paul Sage on The Elder Scrolls Online's endgame, PvP, and crafting | Massively

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
You are than welcome to believe Utnayan's claim that 17+ content is unfinished, crappy, broken etc and that is the main reason the NDA hasn't been lifted. Once the NDA is lifted, I will tell you what I know. You are more than welcome to continue choosing to believe what Utnayan is claiming if you like.
I have no reason to believe either of you- neither of you have provided any evidence to back up your claims. I can, however, see with my own experience that the level 1-17 content is finished but it is subjectively boring and objectively broken. Honestly, this puts you in a no-win situation when trying to defend the game to people who had a similar experience as I did with the stress tests.

Do you think the level 1-17 content presented in the stress test is finished, good and bug-free? If you do, then we disagree and I could never trust your judgment that content level 17+ isn't subjectively boring and objectively broken. If you admit that level 1-17 content has these problems, it would stand to reason that the level 17+ content which has undergone no stress-testing is in a similar (if not worse) state.

After some research I think Rescorla has this one right. I found this at Massively:

ZeniMax's Paul Sage on The Elder Scrolls Online's endgame, PvP, and crafting | Massively
I cringe thinking of re-doing another faction's newbie quests as "endgame." To be fair, that article is almost a year old- he doesn't even know if raids will be instanced or not at that point. Here's something funny. That was written March 19, 2013. In your article, Sage says there will be 24 man raids called Adventure Zones.Here's another article written March 19, 2013 with a quote from Firor.

It's too early to make judgments, but even in its current form, I could see myself logging into ESO regularly to satisfy my personal craving for more Elder Scrolls content. I'm also happy to see that the design so far seems focused on exploration and questing rather than grinds.There are no raids, after all ? "That's not Elder Scrolls," says Game Director Matt Firor? but there are four-man dungeons and three-faction open PvP with sieges in the beleaguered province of Cyrodiil.
So on the same day, Firor and Sage had interviews and said completely opposite things.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I have no reason to believe either of you- neither of you have provided any evidence to back up your claims. I can, however, see with my own experience that the level 1-17 content is finished but it is subjectively boring and objectively broken. Honestly, this puts you in a no-win situation when trying to defend the game to people who had a similar experience as I did with the stress tests.

Do you think the level 1-17 content presented in the stress test is finished, good and bug-free? If you do, then we disagree and I could never trust your judgment that content level 17+ isn't subjectively boring and objectively broken. If you admit that level 1-17 content has these problems, it would stand to reason that the level 17+ content which has undergone no stress-testing is in a similar (if not worse) state.
I've not played one minute on the weekend beta servers but from all accounts it had major technical issues dealing with the large the number of players trying to play the game. I have no idea how many players are in the closed beta but its fairly obvious that server isn't getting bogged down with massive numbers of players like the weekend beta test because I haven't experienced any of the technical problems the weekend beta testers have reported. As to the rest about whether I think its "good' or "bug-free", I will be more than glad to give my opinion on that once the NDA is lifted.

Oloh_sl

shitlord
That's ok, if you weren't in the irc channel where we basically hard the start of our quest leaked to us I'm still not convinced ANYONE would've figured that quest out. iirc was me and zad and a few others and then...Wakefield? The guy from test server that had to point us to where to go. Monk ended up being one of the first epics finished or some shit, but we were dead last starting it out, nobody had any fucking clue where to go. Even when we knew what to do shit was obtuse, the first person to hand the robe of the whistling fists in was my guildmate at the time who I took forever to convince and he ended up botching the second step and losing the robe. Good times.
Yeah, I actually was a pussy and didn't do any of the earlier turn in first. I basically just waited until someone else tried it and posted the results, then I did it right after. The only thing I did "first" was the last turn in, and I forget the exact situation, but for some reason I was 100% sure where the mob spawned and that it was the last turn in. I think what happened was it was one of the earlier turn ins that they took out for an unrelated reason. We were told that the next patch would put them back in, so there were actually several people with the final turn in item just waiting for the servers to come up and turn it in. Can't even be 100% sure I was technically first, but my server came up first, I posted a ScreenShot on monkly business said "first" and no one challenged it, so I took my claim to fame and ran with it!

I did most of the work myself for 1.5 though.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>

I cringe thinking of re-doing another faction's newbie quests as "endgame." To be fair, that article is almost a year old- he doesn't even know if raids will be instanced or not at that point. Here's something funny. That was written March 19, 2013. In your article, Sage says there will be 24 man raids called Adventure Zones.Here's another article written March 19, 2013 with a quote from Firor.

So on the same day, Firor and Sage had interviews and said completely opposite things.
Good find.

This is also an example of how no one knows what is going on, communication between all the teams is horrible. Firor doesn't know how to be president of a company. His design decisions were horrible with New Frontiers and Trials of Atlantis. Sage is a top down developer who doesn't listen to his team. It has been, and more so even now as crunch time kicks in, pure chaos. This is why these two should never be in this industry again, and we are about to see a direct result of this product as to the reasons why. I'm very confident in 7 weeks that Rescola and Blackwulf will vanish from the thread entirely, most likely the forum, and unfortunately we will see a new Blackwulf and Rescola in another form (Not necessarily the same people, but the same agenda) with another MMORPG.

Also, Rescola, the weekend beta problems are going to be the main focus on if the mega server technology even works. Which, from everything I have heard, it doesn't. We saw what happened with the code under stress with people trying to figure out megaserver. Their solution was to queue it for hours and gate access to the game. This is 7 weeks from release. And not even 20% of what will most likely be, in my estimate, about 2 million in box sales due to the ES name. The stress completely broke a majority of scripting to call from DB routines to bring forth even the east of call routings for NPC spawns. Breaking progression quests. That isn't even taking into account the lag for players. This takes months to figure out from a coding stand point. There also will be no open beta period, and NDA will be held onto until the very last minute.

I do not think you can hide behind your NDA when I, Pyksel, and Kedwyn, all in closed - are telling everyone this is a mess. Pyksel said for those into AvA they should give it a shot at a discount. For anyone else, he said stay away.

And he also respects the NDA since he won't give out a lot of other information as to why. Pyksel and Kedwyn have been valuable and honest posters here.

Fairly easy to read between the lines, regardless or who you believe.

Don't worry. You'll have your box sales. That's inevitable unfortunately. What's really going to suck for these people is when they can't log in and see the 17+ content more horridly bugged due to failed testing, quickly produced, and horribly bland.

Oloh_sl

shitlord
I'm very confident in 7 weeks that Rescola and Blackwulf will vanish from the thread entirely, most likely the forum, and unfortunately we will see a new Blackwulf and Rescola in another form (Not necessarily the same people,but the same agenda) with another MMORPG.
LOL. You are too much. People like games and post about them on a board dedicated to liking games. Keep your notes updated, though.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
LOL. You are too much. People like games and post about them on a board dedicated to liking games. Keep your notes updated, though.
Well, we all saw what happened with the last set of notes. They are now hanging in the Hall of Justice.

Weren't you behind the music in Vanguard? Or am I thinking of someone else.

You know what is even more sad, is we haven't even gotten to discuss how horrible the actual mechanics behind the game are with regards to a haphazard itemization process and all the balancing issues of just how flagrantly easy this game is. Easy is the name of the game for all themepark MMORPGs, but the scale of itemization is horrid. The abilities system needs a complete overhaul to actually make it even close to fun for classes, and we aren't even talking about some of that - because of the mess above all that.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
^^ That's right. That may have been Nino. He was a good dude. Todd Masten I think his name is. Good composer. The music was original.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Wait a minute, Rescorla said he is QA? Who the fuck cares what he has to say about ESO?
I do, since unlike others he appears to actually have played the game. Fuck those people with too much time and google fu. I'd rather have a shill who actually has access.

The only guy I actually trust in this thread is Psykel.

I really wish we could see some PS4 screenshots and feedback. I'm actually starting to consider waiting and nabbing it for that system.

Wanna know thr biggest,difference. Between closed and beta weekends? Closed you have to smash ur face agaisnt a wall to get past 20 because the content isnt there and you can barely test pvp cause when u get a match it just locks on load screen

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I'm very confident in 7 weeks that Rescola and Blackwulf will vanish from the thread entirely, most likely the forum, and unfortunately we will see a new Blackwulf and Rescola in another form (Not necessarily the same people, but the same agenda) with another MMORPG.

There also will be no open beta period, and NDA will be held onto until the very last minute.
I promise you I will be hanging out here well past the release of ESO just to keep reminding you of how stupid you have made yourself look over the past couple of days trying to get people to believe I work for Zenimax and that Grave and I are the same person.

It doesn't take a lot of profound wisdom to know there isn't going to be an open beta test since its been widely publicized. The weekend beta tests are being used in place of the open beta.

BTW I will make a bet with you. If the NDA is not lifted within two weeks of the game going live, I will apologize to you for questioning your profound wisdom and insight into the MMO industry. If however the NDA is lifted within the next two weeks, you will apologize to the entire board for acting like a schmuck. Deal?

Zantox_sl

shitlord
If the NDA is not lifted within two weeks of the game going live, I will apologize to you for questioning your profound wisdom and insight into the MMO industry. If however the NDA is lifted within the next two weeks, you will apologize to the entire board for acting like a schmuck. Deal?
Two weeks! What an amazing display of openness to have a beta for such a long period of time!

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Think its funny that SoE is completely transparent (at least by all appearances) and these guys are hiding behind their NDA.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Think its funny that SoE is completely transparent (at least by all appearances) and these guys are hiding behind their NDA.
Not that I am defending Zeni or TESO here (they do seem to use the NDA against the consumers), but Landmark and TESO are two different things. I suspect that if SoE doesn't get Storybricks to work properly that EQ:Next will have a long NDA as well as that one system is tied to nearly everything that supposedly makes that game special.

Agonizing the Bait Master_sl said:
Wanna know thr biggest,difference. Between closed and beta weekends? Closed you have to smash ur face agaisnt a wall to get past 20 because the content isnt there and you can barely test pvp cause when u get a match it just locks on load screen
So it is Tortage/Aoc all over again then?