The Elder Scrolls Online

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Really not enjoying it. Some neat class abilities, at the end of the day though too much fundamental gameplay stuff I don't like. Forced mouselook and clicky-attack being the main issue, a world full of shitty little items to pick up isn't real interesting either.

Also, it would be nice if the game gave you a few items starting off. I have one character with full heavy armor and a few different weapons by level 4, another is still in mostly the spirit world rags you start in.

Maybe if this came out around the time or before WoW I may have considered playing it, but honestly I enjoy several other MMOs more than I've enjoyed this.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the whole forced mouse look + no ability to target but still use target-based abilities really feels like they've created an abomination of a combat system that leaves the player feeling neutered and annoyed.

Anyone have any idea how long till they remove subs and go to more of a sub hybrid store model like most the FTP AAA MMO's are doing now?
If and MMO is worth it, paying sub is nothing to me.
However now a days to many players its huge big deal and turn off.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Yeah the whole forced mouse look + no ability to target but still use target-based abilities really feels like they've created an abomination of a combat system that leaves the player feeling neutered and annoyed.
Yeah, I'm probably one of the minority of players who enjoys healing but doing it in this system? Forget it.

The 1-10 game needs a lot of work honestly. Once you can start mixing some PVP into the mix things get more interesting, but that 1-10 game is going to cost them customers. Quite a few of them I imagine. First impressions are important and my first impressions of TESO is that the game is boring. I'm obviously not alone on that one with the reviews showing up here.

I plan to put some unhealthy time into the game this weekend just to say I gave it a honest shot. As it stands right now though I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless they are REALLY bored and have nothing else to play.
All of your post is spot on for the 1-10 game of how I felt playing it, there was no hook lure to get me addicted to keep wanting to play was so boring they need to fix it fast or give new players the option of getting out of newbie zones asap and leveling in the other areas instead.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really hope they fix the quest issues. Yesterday wasn't so bad but today I've probably had 10+ quest where I had to relog 4+ times to try and find a working instance.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Anyone have any idea how long till they remove subs and go to more of a sub hybrid store model like most the FTP AAA MMO's are doing now?
If and MMO is worth it, paying sub is nothing to me.
I dunno man. I hear biopolar cancer treatment is hella expensive. Save them coppers.

Column_sl

shitlord
are you sure you can't target? I use a keybind that puts a white bounding box around a mob, its in the mapping options.

Vilmz_sl

shitlord
This game runs extremely well even with a shit ton of players on screen and effects going off everywhere. Is there a hard player 'cap' in world pvp? Or is it instanced to keep only a certain number of people at any given time.

Grave_sl

shitlord
Found no way to target friendly players.
Heals are all smart heals or AE. Buffs always affect your entire party. Healing in ESO is more about positioning and awareness, when to use what ability, and what you can do to prevent future damage instead of just healing it.

It's certainly not for everyone, but in case you were just frustrated in that you couldn't figure out how it worked, that's the jist.

Zx88_sl

shitlord
The PvE is so stale and boring. Really trying hard to just plow through it and reach level 10(??) to at least give the PvP a try. I think I'm up to 7 but it feels like such a chore. Really regretting buying that pre-order now. Going to try and sell the account I think. With the 20% I saved from greenmangaming I might be able to make my money back or close to it.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I thought the combat mechanics were pretty good. The animations, the feedback and traction are mediocre, but I enjoy the mechanics behind it.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, I'm probably one of the minority of players who enjoys healing but doing it in this system? Forget it.
Hello medic comrade, I do enjoy healing a lot but in TESO it feels like you don't really have to give a damn about targeting since most of resto staff skills are "smart" spells (aka they heal most wounded / near allies) therefore you most of the time faceroll them and deal with proper ressource regen. In TESO filling health bars for a healer is as rewarding as doing clay pidgeon shooting with a M60.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Heals are all smart heals or AE. Buffs always affect your entire party. Healing in ESO is more about positioning and awareness, when to use what ability, and what you can do to prevent future damage instead of just healing it.

It's certainly not for everyone, but in case you were just frustrated in that you couldn't figure out how it worked, that's the jist.
I tried running around healing some people with the single target heal and it seemed terrible, very easy to heal the wrong person and such. Didn't find it very fun myself.

Hello medic comrade, I do enjoy healing a lot but in TESO it feels like you don't really have to give a damn about targeting since most of resto staff skills are "smart" spells (aka they heal most wounded / near allies) therefore you most of the time faceroll them and deal with proper ressource regen. In TESO filling health bars for a healer is as rewarding as doing clay pidgeon shooting with a M60.
Not sure the rest of the game interests me enough to futz with it more. If I log on again I'll try to give it another go.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
They've found a way to make the theme-park style MMO even worse. Now it's like you're going to where each ride is, but if you don't talk to the NPC first the ride is a ghost town and it looks like it hasn't been run in years.

I was 'exploring' and found a village that had been burnt. So I explore it and it's a ghost town, I look for clues to see what's going on and nothing is shown. So I look on my map and there's an NPC off to the side that kicks everything off. Once I talk to her everything springs into life and shit is on fire. I then spend the next 5 minutes competing with other players to 'free' villagers...

It's not even a theme park. It's like a library with mediocre short stories. If you don't stop and open the book nothing is going on in the world. The worst part is that it punishes the player for exploring. I just found a mine that is completely unpopulated. I know if I don't go find the right npc to start the fucking ride it's a complete waste of my time to check things out.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I tried running around healing some people with the single target heal and it seemed terrible, very easy to heal the wrong person and such. Didn't find it very fun myself.

Not sure the rest of the game interests me enough to futz with it more. If I log on again I'll try to give it another go.
If you like dedicated healing, stick to WoW (competitive content, HM / rBG / Arena modes), this game will never be as engaged. The Elder Scrolls Online is so much catered around casual players targeting is a gimmick. Strategics is either using stamina-magicka quickslots, tactics is avoiding elite zones while doing 1+1 timetable crafting.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They've found a way to make the theme-park style MMO even worse. Now it's like you're going to where each ride is, but if you don't talk to the NPC first the ride is a ghost town and it looks like it hasn't been run in years.

I was 'exploring' and found a village that had been burnt. So I explore it and it's a ghost town, I look for clues to see what's going on and nothing is shown. So I look on my map and there's an NPC off to the side that kicks everything off. Once I talk to her everything springs into life and shit is on fire. I then spend the next 5 minutes competing with other players to 'free' villagers...

It's not even a theme park. It's like a library with mediocre short stories. If you don't stop and open the book nothing is going on in the world. The worst part is that it punishes the player for exploring. I just found a mine that is completely unpopulated. I know if I don't go find the right npc to start the fucking ride it's a complete waste of my time to check things out.
All this. The game is very good looking, I just wish I didn't need to quest. Why can't games just let you go where you want and make your own story. Also, i'm so sick of arrows telling me where to go.

khalid

Unelected Mod
So anyone know if the aedric spear templar line is any good? All the builds I see for templars tend to be based around healing/destro staff and I want to try something different.