The Elder Scrolls Online

Quaid

Trump's Staff
rrr_img_61686.jpg

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Except you complain about EVERYTHING. Fucking babys

Their hasn't been an MMO this message board has liked ever...

In fact if we could reverse time when EQ came out people would complain it was shit compared to UO.
Actually this is the first mmo I've ever said I didn't like and wouldn't be ordering on here or FoH.

Column_sl

shitlord
Actually this is the first mmo I've ever said I didn't like and wouldn't be ordering on here or FoH.
Then you barely play any MMOs, or have the worst taste in games ever because there have been plenty of obvious failures for a decade now...

The difference is most normal people will know a game is shit, say once that they hate it then move on. The faggots on this board will go on forever if you let them.

We get it, you don't like the game. Move the fuck on. Let the few people that may like the game talk about it instead of wading through useless discussions of why it doesn't live up to your unreal expectations on what a great MMO should be.
Even if it was an amazing MMO, you would still find something to nitpick on it like all the buildings look exactly the same....

Column_sl

shitlord
Old gamers are old and jaded. Unable to suspend their disbelief anymore.
It's never changed Felmega, when EQ launched there was so much hate against it from the UO community.

Same thing for when WOW was in beta, people were like look at this disney bullshit. Except that discussion acutely made it to the old FOH board.
Took em awhile to warm up to WOW.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
i love the fact that a ringing endorsement of a game in the MMO industry right now is "eh, it isn't terrible."
This sums up my feelings about the game well. It's actually a pretty good game but I have played to many quest driven MMO's over the years to want to bother.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
SWG was the best crafting. If you didnt get the chance when it was up and before NGE, you missed out. I could explain but it would turn into a book!
I've actually thought about this for awhile but we should post a list of each major MMO mechanic and state who has done it best. I would be really curious to see who feels what game capture various aspects of a MMO more so than others.

It is surprising just how many people talk about SWG in crafting circles. I have always felt that SWG did a great job myself. Would be curious to see how many other games that never really made it, actually did something well in a specific area and possibly better than anyone else.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well the one thing I would buy this for(the big pvp battles) has been horrible yesterday and today. Just continuous 8-15 second delay on everything with constant crashes/errors.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Then you barely play any MMOs, or have the worst taste in games ever because there have been plenty of obvious failures for a decade now...

The difference is most normal people will know a game is shit, say once that they hate it then move on. The faggots on this board will go on forever if you let them.

We get it, you don't like the game. Move the fuck on. Let the few people that may like the game talk about it instead of wading through useless discussions of why it doesn't live up to your unreal expectations on what a great MMO should be.
Even if it was an amazing MMO, you would still find something to nitpick on it like all the buildings look exactly the same....
Wrong, I've played every major MMO since WoW, I can usually just find an aspect of any game that I enjoy and roll with it.

At any rate, unless you've played this and wish to weigh in or have researched it and weighed in I'm not going to let this shit degrade into another one of these shit post arguments. You've said your peace, now feel free to talk about the game or move on.

khalid

Unelected Mod
After feeling like I was crawling through molasses getting to lvl 10 the first time, leveled up another guy fairly quickly to lvl 10. I think part of my problem in my first playthrough was I was in the whole "follow the breadcrumbs" mode of WoW, where the breadcrumbs lead you to more and more quests and you never run out. This resulted in me skipping many areas and quests. When I instead go into it of the mindset of just wandering around the world, I was able to discover quests and then get xp pretty quickly. I never once encountered a problem where I was going through an area and nothing was around until I found the person to talk to. Maybe I was more attentive to my compass bar, or maybe just lucky, dunno.

One thing I really like about this game compared to WoW is how it feels much more alive and you are doing more important things right away. NPCs run up to you and cry for help. No quest is just "kill bears for the 10 bear asses", you are either saving villagers, freeing trapped spirits, figuring out a poison plot on the queen, etc. I very rarely feel like a complete menial laborer working for dumb ass pandas like WoW. Also, I LOVE how in one of the earlier quests, you save some people. Then, when later on you are asked to do some menial bullshit, you can send the people you saved to do it instead of yourself.

I also love the build diversity. I have no fucking idea what to do with all the options available for each class. I can be a healing sorc, a damage templar, some weird combination of both, a tank with both. Do I want to go heavy armor as a sorc? Light armor as a templar? Dunno, but lots and lots of choices.

Lastly, the pvp seems straight out of DAOC, which is awesome. No game captured largescale pvp as good as DAOC and this game seems to have almost all the elements that DAOC has. I am very much looking forward to doing some campaigns with PRX (assuming tuco doesn't bitch out).

I could also go into some negatives, like I think the leveling curve is far too flat to lvl 10. The world feels very 'gray', though so did Skyrim. The combat feels a bit off at times, though not too bad. I think I am too used to mmo-style locked combat. The UI is horrible, but they allow mods so UI complaints are pretty meaningless as we will all have good UIs in the end.

So yeah, definite buy for me and I look forward to release. Much better beta experience this time around that I got to see pvp.

mrmoneda_sl

shitlord
We currently have a more recent build on our closed beta server, and the patch notes for that build (as some have read) have easily over a thousand bug fixes. We encourage you to try out the next beta weekend event when we hold it (before launch)--it will be using a more updated build.
Quotefrom the beta forum. Gods only know why 0.18 wasn't put for general testing this weekend.

Caliane

After feeling like I was crawling through molasses getting to lvl 10 the first time, leveled up another guy fairly quickly to lvl 10. I think part of my problem in my first playthrough was I was in the whole "follow the breadcrumbs" mode of WoW, where the breadcrumbs lead you to more and more quests and you never run out. This resulted in me skipping many areas and quests. When I instead go into it of the mindset of just wandering around the world, I was able to discover quests and then get xp pretty quickly. I never once encountered a problem where I was going through an area and nothing was around until I found the person to talk to. Maybe I was more attentive to my compass bar, or maybe just lucky, dunno.

One thing I really like about this game compared to WoW is how it feels much more alive and you are doing more important things right away. NPCs run up to you and cry for help. No quest is just "kill bears for the 10 bear asses", you are either saving villagers, freeing trapped spirits, figuring out a poison plot on the queen, etc. I very rarely feel like a complete menial laborer working for dumb ass pandas like WoW. Also, I LOVE how in one of the earlier quests, you save some people. Then, when later on you are asked to do some menial bullshit, you can send the people you saved to do it instead of yourself.

I also love the build diversity. I have no fucking idea what to do with all the options available for each class. I can be a healing sorc, a damage templar, some weird combination of both, a tank with both. Do I want to go heavy armor as a sorc? Light armor as a templar? Dunno, but lots and lots of choices.

Lastly, the pvp seems straight out of DAOC, which is awesome. No game captured largescale pvp as good as DAOC and this game seems to have almost all the elements that DAOC has. I am very much looking forward to doing some campaigns with PRX (assuming tuco doesn't bitch out).

I could also go into some negatives, like I think the leveling curve is far too flat to lvl 10. The world feels very 'gray', though so did Skyrim. The combat feels a bit off at times, though not too bad. I think I am too used to mmo-style locked combat. The UI is horrible, but they allow mods so UI complaints are pretty meaningless as we will all have good UIs in the end.

So yeah, definite buy for me and I look forward to release. Much better beta experience this time around that I got to see pvp.
did it take 2 hours to level up to 10 again?

khalid

Unelected Mod
did it take 2 hours to level up to 10 again?
If someone can do lvl10 in 2 hours, I want to see a video of it. There is a lot of walking around exploring that you have to do. Maybe, just maybe, if I knew by heart all the quest starts and stuff, I could do 10 in 2 hours but even then I doubt it. Certainly not lvl12.

Wrong, I've played every major MMO since WoW, I can usually just find an aspect of any game that I enjoy and roll with it.

At any rate, unless you've played this and wish to weigh in or have researched it and weighed in I'm not going to let this shit degrade into another one of these shit post arguments. You've said your peace, now feel free to talk about the game or move on.
I'm in the same boat. I've at least given a month to a new MMO since I started playing SWG in 2003. ESO will be the first MMO I won't be making a box purchase on.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Who would have thought riding a Horse and knowing where quests and sky shards are, would cut down on my time to level so much more. Much less, did I really think it would make some of you so mad.
rrr_img_61694.jpg

Quotefrom the beta forum. Gods only know why 0.18 wasn't put for general testing this weekend.
Thats the thing that bothered me. Why would you not put out the latest build for this beta? Everyone I was going to play this with thought they were going to be able to play that version and if you paid attention to zone chat, thats what a lot of others thought as well, including me. Those patch notes had quite a few people thinking they could just skip the Islands this beta and they couldnt. A couple of the guys I was going to play with this weekend logged in, found out they couldnt skip the Island and logged right back out. The rest of the patch just fixes so much of the shit people are bitching about that it just amazes me why wouldnt Zenimax use that version.

Caliane

What exactly effects my night blades damage?
Just level?

I am mostly using shadow and assassination class skills. which use magic, and deal magic. Weapon damage seems to have no effect on them at all. my DW weapon only effect manual attacks or the odd DW skill.

Limz_sl

shitlord
What exactly effects my night blades damage?
Just level?

I am mostly using shadow and assassination class skills. which use magic, and deal magic. Weapon damage seems to have no effect on them at all. my DW weapon only effect manual attacks or the odd DW skill.
Maximum mana for spells , maximum stamina for abilities.

Weapon damage is always weapon damage and nothing else.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
How do you score a horse so early?? I looked at one vendor and I think the cheapest was 17k gold.
imperial edition, otherwise you gotta wait til about lvl 15 or so before you can prolly afford one.

I dont think they are that big a deal tho, its not like wow where they are giving you 60-100% move speed.