The Elder Scrolls Online

Pontius_sl

shitlord
Seems like a horde of ppl are trying to get in, sound like a fun time for the guys running this shit atm. I'll try for a bit longer, if not then fuck it.

Vitality

HUSTLE
OK so wait, sum this up for me, EU is getting shit on? Or is the whole server set for ESO messed up. Is this an EU connection issue?

Pontius_sl

shitlord
OK so wait, sum this up for me, EU is getting shit on? Or is the whole server set for ESO messed up. Is this an EU connection issue?
If you read" Le france's" link the EU server is located in the US, so i guess the one dedicated for the us works, but the one that is used for EU players is getting shitted on.

Ment to say Bondurant, couldnt remember the handle..

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We have constructed large datacenters in North America and in Europe to support this game. North America is fully operational and our European datacenter will be soon, butwe have found during our beta tests that the location of these servers is not going to affect the gameplay experience. Our testing has now confirmed that millions of players from Europe (and beyond) can play on our North American server and experience ESO as it was designed-without latency or lag problems.(Please note that users in our last scale test had lag issues, especially in Cyrodiil, but this was a game bug, not a location issue - all players, no matter where, experienced that particular problem). So, regardless of a player's location or the datacenter being used, the confirmed efficiency of our platform architecture will prevent anyone from enjoying a gameplay advantage. And as both datacenters become fully operational, we will continue to add capacity to meet the demands of gamers worldwide.
WHRNibH.jpg

I'm getting timed out as well after log in. Tried killing windows firewall. Not seeing any funky processes. Ran the executable as an admin to no avail. Gonna reinstall and see if that helps.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I'm getting timed out as well after log in. Tried killing windows firewall. Not seeing any funky processes. Ran the executable as an admin to no avail. Gonna reinstall and see if that helps.
I'd be willing to bet it's not your setup, are you EU?

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Also from the reddit thread:

ESO_sl said:
"the North American and European megaservers will first be hosted in North America. This gives us a more efficient way to address any platform issues that may arise at launch. After the initial launch phase is over, we will move the European megaserver to the European datacenter - but this will be a seamless migration for users, without additional downloads, logins or action required."
It's not like they are leaving you to the tender mercies of ProSeiben.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Megaserver is so retarded. I don't know why it does not get more hate on rerolled. Technical issues like this seemed bound to happen. The EU server in NA seems moronic also, As a NA who has played on Euro servers before it does make a difference unless Zenimax has found a way to exceed the speed of light.

It has a single plus: don't have to server switch to play with friends. But a fuckton of negatives.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Megaserver is so retarded. I don't know why it does not get more hate on rerolled. Technical issues like this seemed bound to happen. The EU server in NA seems moronic also, As a NA who has played on Euro servers before it does make a difference unless Zenimax has found a way to exceed the speed of light.

It has a single plus: don't have to server switch to play with friends. But a fuckton of negatives.
Actually it has a ton of positives and it was the only thing ESO did to move the MMO genre forward.