The Elder Scrolls Online

moontayle

Golden Squire
Firor came from DAoC so it's amazing to me that guild emblems don't exist. That was a key part of the realm war there. My absolute favorite MMO memory is from the patch where they added the ability for guilds to claim keeps. My smallish guild trekked up to Caer Benowyc and claimed it. All guards immediately switched over to wearing our emblem on their cloaks and shields, and the Albion banners hanging off the side of the keep switched over to us as well. We held the keep for a good five hours against a Hibernian force before it fell. I still smile when I think back to it.

If something that integral toward creating an identity doesn't exist, how much other shit was left on the cutting room floor in order to rush this game out?

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Firor came from DAoC so it's amazing to me that guild emblems don't exist. That was a key part of the realm war there. My absolute favorite MMO memory is from the patch where they added the ability for guilds to claim keeps. My smallish guild trekked up to Caer Benowyc and claimed it. All guards immediately switched over to wearing our emblem on their cloaks and shields, and the Albion banners hanging off the side of the keep switched over to us as well. We held the keep for a good five hours against a Hibernian force before it fell. I still smile when I think back to it.

If something that integral toward creating an identity doesn't exist, how much other shit was left on the cutting room floor in order to rush this game out?
rrr_img_67125.jpg

Having said that, the game is barely functional. There are so many crippling bugs, exploits, and general problems with the game as a whole that I'm not surprised they didn't take the time to implement guild talbards, nor should they anytime soon.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I play this game because I love the Elder Scrolls series, I enjoy the fun grouping with people in PvE dungeons and I love the competition of PvP.

However, combination of class bugs (I play a nightblade), grotesque class imbalances, niche armor/spec combinations that are essentially unbeatable and the horrible imbalances in campaigns really just make me want to stop pvping. Mind you I'm a V10 Nightblade on Auriels Bow and I play Ebonheart Pact. I'm top 20 for EP and maybe 120 or so for the entire campaign. (I leveled really slow and didn't really go into Cyrodil much before I hit V10) I play with most of the top ranked people in my campaign and they are all really good PVPers for the most part. Alot of them are much more hardcore that I am but they all can agree with the fact that there are such huge issues with this game that's just driving people away daily.

The AB campaign is just an ass pounding from AD all day long every day. There are -VERY- brief moments when DC or EP will have people guest in from other campaigns to get one of their streamer buddies EMP. Other than that, if you're on DC or EP you are sitting at your Gate trying to figure out the best way to get points (I travel to DC's Alta Ruma gate and farm them with oil pots) while getting slutpuppied by a mass of AD. It's sad because there is still a good bit of talent remaining on EP side that simply want to go into Cyrodil and have good fights but that's literally impossible at this point.

We sit in teamspeak and just laugh maniacally at the dumb fucking bugs that plague this game(way too many to list). We laugh at how long they have been going on and how long they go without even being addressed (lolcaltrops). We cry that certain classes are in every way shape and form unkillable for most people(I would pit a DK against literally any class 1v1 and they only get exponentially better vs more than one enemy). We cry that we finally take a keep only to have a legion of AD show up out of nowhere to take it over in minutes and drive us back to being farmed at the gate. We get pissed that we want to pvp but the -ONLY- option is to fight against 6-1 odds. We want to duel to kill time but we can't for no legitimate fucking reason(Fucking Everquest had dueling and that was one of the most unfriendly, unbalanced PVP games created).

Alot of the hardcore people I play with had such high hopes for ESO and Zeni is just letting everyone the fuck down. It frustrates the ever living shit out of so many of us because the potential for a great MMO is here... but these people are just letting their complete fucking ignorance of how games work ruin it.

Tuco- I could write down a gigantic list of problems that haunts this game and hope that it gets changed. But, I just ask one simple thing. If you are in fact going to go and talk to these people... out of everything... I just want you to tell them to play their own creation. They need to fucking level a character to V10. They need to go into pvp and play for like 5 hours a day(?) on the weekend, on the underdog side of an imbalanced server. I want you to tell them to experience their own fucking game because I am thoroughly convinced that there isn't a single person in that entire team that has played a character through and through. Either that or they all play DK's with batswarm and simply made this game to feel cool while lolercausting people in Cyrodil.
Great first post

Arterial

N00b
I think FTP is looming, one of the questions i got in my cancellation survey was asking if the sub fee is why i cancelled. I wouldnt be surprised if they held off the console release to come up with a BTP model. It's just not that good of a game IMO, I gave it a try after hating the beta weekends to play with some friends even that couldnt hold me. I think i would have stayed if they made cyrodil experience just as good as questing and provided good rewards I would have stuck it out. That and i think the VR system is one of the worst idea's I have ever seen placed in MMO.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Isn't there a twitter post or some shit out there from a CSR saying this game was slated to go F2P when it hits consoles?

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
I'm curious to see what their churn will be next month, if they release those figures.
Nupe. They won't doit.

rrr_img_67134.jpg

They have no reason to and nothing to gain. In fact, I'd strongly advise them against ever doing anything like that or even talking about sales for this game at all. The word should be stricken from the lexicon at Zenimax. If they do feel the need, they should wait until six months from now when they release the console versions so they can lump it all together in one triumphant announcement.

Their one saving grace is that they aren't a publicly held company. Between what we guess sales and retention is thus far, someone would end up all Rob Stark over there if that news got out in an earnings call.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It had to have not sold well. Remember they had press releases bragging about beta sign ups but suddenly nothing on even breaking a million copies sold.

rrr_img_67136.jpg

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
It had to have not sold well. Remember they had press releases bragging about beta sign ups but suddenly nothing on even breaking a million copies sold.

rrr_img_67136.jpg
Oh God I think it's Photoshop time with that puppy.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
As a point of order PRX kept a 24/7 presence in GW2 for six months. TESO only came out last month. Hardcore people aren't leaving the game after a month because they are burned out, they are leaving the game because of the game.
yeah I am afraid when I get more playtime it'll be dead.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
The creators of that video need to analyze the affect of marketing dollars spent on franchises if they wanna jump to the conclusions in that (albeit well made) video. Also~
Or when comparing Metacritic as a solid user fact of how we don't want innovative titles, than proceed to say that COD, Battlefield 4, and KillZone 3 are innovative. When user scores are bad precisely because they are not innovative and buggy as hell (In the case of BF4)

Flight

Molten Core Raider
The Elder Scrolls Online's first post-launch content is set to arrive later this week.

Creative director Paul Sage told IGN that ZeniMax is planning to release the Craglorn update on Thursday or Friday.

The patch will introduce an "expansive adventure zone" to the MMO which, among other things, will feature 12-man trials.

Sage said Zenimax is still aiming to release fresh content for the game every four to six weeks. "We're either in the sixth week or the seventh with this update and I believe our next update is fairly on schedule.

"When we released we talked about our plans rather than 'this is exactly what it's going to be' - we're generally pretty careful about the language.

"I think any plan like that can be disrupted if something unforeseen happens. But right now we have the second update lined up and ready to go onto the public test server once we launch Craglorn, and that's coming soon. That'll be the Veteran Dungeon, Crypt of Hearts."

ZeniMax recently announced that Elder Scrolls Online subscribers will receive five days of free game time as thanks for sticking around during the game's rocky first month.

In early May, publisher Bethesda also confirmed that the console versions of the game have been delayed by six months. Xbox One and PS4 editions of the title were originally expected to be released in June, but have been pushed back to late 2014 to allow ZeniMax to "solve a series of unique problems specific to those platforms".
The Elder Scrolls Online Craglorn update launching this week - CVG US