The Elder Scrolls Online

moontayle

Golden Squire
I would have to say that Rift and TOR did #1 pretty well in the end. Rift did this, imo, right off the bat but the quality of the game was inferior from a polish point of view. TOR eventually got there, but it took them a year or two. Unfortunately most of these games need to do it right out of the game with a high quality release. Almost none do.
TOR is running into the same issue that WoW has, in that eventually it becomes stupid easy to get high end gear. Their customization system actually allows someone with a lot of credits to flat out buy an entire set of top end gear (but let's be clear, it's something like 60 million credits worth of materials) because as progression levels get introduced, they remove restrictions on reverse engineering on old tiers. And that doesn't fix the basic "best in slot" meta-game that came about from taking on WoW's itemization system.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Not sure we will ever see EQs #1 again. A combination of no instances, named/ph mechanics and longer leveling curve where items lasted for a long time helped a lot. Also not completely wiping away loot/content with every new expansion.
I wouldn't want a return to the exact same mechanics as in EQ1. I agree with a long leveling curve and items lasting a long time (especially if we get into smaller incremental increases w/o wholesale resets and gear obsolescence) but the last thing I want is a return to non-instanced cockblocked content, especially if there is no PvP mechanics. That issue needs to be addressed in some fashion, but I think most people will agree that WoW's way of going about that ended up with an equally bad paradigm in the long run once you started seeing xpac resets and cumulative content changes.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I would be for a "long leveling curve" if it didn't have levels. I guess I would like to see a long power curve. Essentially your "level" would be an ilevel instead of an experienced based level. But items took longer to get. The game would be based on content rather than grinding mobs.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just got a survey from ESO asking why I beta tested the game, but never ended purchasing the live version.

I went to take the survey to essentially say I hated the combat, and there were still bugs, and game was not stable enough.

So I answer I first question on the survey, press continue and it stop because the server is too busy. How ironic.
smile.png

Devnull_sl

shitlord
I just got a survey from ESO asking why I beta tested the game, but never ended purchasing the live version.

I went to take the survey to essentially say I hated the combat, and there were still bugs, and game was not stable enough.

So I answer I first question on the survey, press continue and it stop because the server is too busy. How ironic.
smile.png
I just received the same survey email and when I clicked the link it said I wasn't eligible to take the survey. Ok...

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Don't really see any content but a lot of fixes and other stuff. I bet by the time the console version releases it't going to be a pretty polished game. I'm curious to see how console players feel about paying 15 bucks a month though. Still no nameplates though, they really fucking holding on to that bright idea.

Blackwulf

N00b
Don't really see any content but a lot of fixes and other stuff. I bet by the time the console version releases it't going to be a pretty polished game. I'm curious to see how console players feel about paying 15 bucks a month though. Still no nameplates though, they really fucking holding on to that bright idea.
Yeah, not much new content. I guess they are calling the dye system and guild heraldry "content." I'm more interested in the revamped gear sets, and the consolidated Cyrodiil campaigns.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Increased the overall XP value of player kills.
They should be letting their players know the value of the increase and quit being so damn vague about everything, considering this was a bitching point. (Not being able to level in PvP to not have to go through the questing/dungeon content) They also need to lower the PvP requirement to level 1. Add name plates (Seriously... how are these not in yet) and turn it into a buy to play game without a sub.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
This was more of a balance patch than a content patch. There were significant design changes to buff stamina abilities and bring them up to par with magicka abilities. In addition to changing the item set bonuses, the stat softcaps for all abilities minus Spell Damage were increased while the Spell Damage softcap was reduced. The new Stamina softcap is supposed to be higher than the Magicka softcap so that stamina abilities will do comparable DPS to magicka abilities.

Armor and Spell Resistance soft caps are now high enough to make wearing Heavy Armor beneficial.

I also assume the soft caps are high enough now that putting 49 points into Health will now gimp your DPS. You will now have to put points into Magicka or Stamina in order to reach the softcap.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Yeah, not much new content. I guess they are calling the dye system and guild heraldry "content." I'm more interested in the revamped gear sets, and the consolidated Cyrodiil campaigns.
For the past 2-3 weeks there have been two campaigns consistently locked or at 2-3 bars during primetime. Every other campaign has been at 1 bar for all three factions.

With these new campaigns, it will be interesting to see how the population dynamic plays out. I think it is safe to assume the 90 day campaign will be the least populated.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
When are they going to revamp the vet rank system? I would like to come back to check the game out. I had fun leveling 1-50.