The Emo Thread

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Saosin without Anthony Green is garbage Saosin

trump-wrong-3-wrong.jpg

To be fair, Changing's chorus with Green on vocals might've been even better.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
That's like my wife's favorite band. She's constantly pissed they never tour in Cali.
I don't care about the Starting Line, but I missed the Weakerthans when they played in LA around 2005 due to my boss not telling me I got the time off I had requested. Asked for Monday off as the show was a Sunday night, showed up Monday morning to my boss saying, "What are you doing here?" I was fuckin' pissed.

Punk/Folk/Emo? *shrug* One of my favorite bands period.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Music is so accessable and easy to create and distribute these days that breaking things down into genres is near impossible.

"I'm into indie folk southern doom punk hiphop"

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Glasjaw probably only counts part of the time, but this song is definitely one of those times:

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Glasjaw probably only counts part of the time, but this song is definitely one of those times:

I had a demo cassette of Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Silence that I would often play in my mom's Ford Windstar frequently since there was no CD player. It had these two songs:

Something I Iearned recently that I found interesting, the song "Pretty Lush" is about the singers ex gf who was a virgin and didn't drink while they dated (they were both straight edge), then they broke up and she went to a party and got drunk and fucked some dude, and the song is basically her calling a piece of shit whore ("you can lead a whore to water, and you can bet she'll drink and follow orders"). I don't think you could do that song in today's world because the @Mists of the world would be crying that she was raped and the song is victim blaming.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather

I've listened to Ape Dos Mil so many goddamn times I just cant get those vocals out of my head every time I hear it

also La Dispute goodness

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user