The Equalizer 2 (2018)

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Equalizer 2 (2018)

Genre: Thriller, Action, Crime

Director: Antoine Fuqua

Cast: Denzel Washington, Pedro Pascal, Ashton Sanders, Bill Pullman, Melissa Leo, Jonathan Scarfe, Tamara Hickey, Liam McNeill

Release: 2018-07-20

Plot: A sequel to the the 2014 film, "The Equalizer".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Should have called it the Re-equalizer, Sequelizer, or Prequelizer. Equalizer 2 sounds awful.

*edit*

Black John Wick 2 works as well.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Don't think any Denzel character will ever top Alonzo but I'm more than fine with McCall here. Will watch one way or another.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I liked the first one a lot except for the dumb last 2 minutes of the Home Depot (or wherever it was) scene. I'll certainly check this out. Hopefully they can keep it going.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty sure me and my dad will be seeing this opening weekend.

b3x42LX.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Creasy is the OG and Man on Fire tells a far better story than The Equalizer. Not saying Equalizer wasn't good, but Man on Fire is an absolute masterpiece among vigilante/revenge movies.

• 6Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 8 users

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oh I definitely think Man on Fire is a better movie. It's a fantastic movie, in fact. Equalizer was just pretty decent. Hoping this is also pretty decent.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Creasy is the OG and Man on Fire tells a far better story than The Equalizer. Not saying Equalizer wasn't good, but Man on Fire is an absolute masterpiece among vigilante/revenge movies.

Yeah, wasn't trying to get in a debate on which movie is better. Just basically they're the same character and role. Denzel as a bad guy is way better IMO.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Don't give a fuck about the actor. Only in it for the director.

• 1Picard

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I'm going to be a shitheel and ask a question without watching the trailer, but why is he holding guns in the video still?

The big thing in the first one was that he never used a conventional firearm if I recall?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Final act of Equalizer was ass. Critics were spot on this time in slamming it. The film's vibe just completely went full on action shooter, and it didn't work or fit. Audiences lapped it up I'm sure.

I remember reading about some problems with production on that final act that resulted in what we got, but can't be bothered to recall any of it.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

This. It's funny we were doing a weird Top 5 movie debate for different sports/actors the other night and we got to Denzel. He has different types of roles, but obviously the best pure action ones were MoF, Training Day, and Equalizer. We were trying to pick one out of that group (picking a real Top 5 for him is actually pretty tough when you actually look at all the stuff he's been in). While I like Equalizer a ton and will obviously go pay $10 to see this sequel, I think the other two were better overall.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I guess we all forgot this was a thing. I completely forgot until Lyft emailed me today and said it was out Friday. Well, I'm at the theater now to see it. I'll red did a non spoiler review after it's over.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Someone tell them to make an after credit scene

Oberyn: Yo Denzel where you going?

Denzel: I have to help an old friend out in ny, he's in a lot of trouble

Oberyn: Who?

Denzel: John Wick

shared universe
tenor.gif

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Hmm Denzel has probably one of the best track records in Hollywood.

He's a Bruce Willis type of twilight. Playing the same characters on repeat since 1999. Mostly phones it in.

Equalizer is not worthy of a sequel but I'll watch for the director.

And that's despite this being a sad Jack Reacher cash grab. Same money on the line, same big name actor, same genre, same sequel that we don't need.

How did Reacher 2 put it again? Oh, thats right. "Never go back".

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
DW has some good stuff this decade. mostly involving trains and planes. but i enjoy his films. Equalizer was good, this will probably be too.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database