The Equalizer 3 (2023)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ok, I could have sworn that was a plot point of 2 making some kid paint the brick wall of a building.
In 2, he was a Lyft driver who beat up bad guys that were stalking his Lyft passengers. He was in a big city somewhere. Then he went out to this other region (possibly another country) where it was very rural and on a peninsula or something similar. He was in this very old village with a tower from WW2 or some shit, and he killed a bunch of people that attacked that village. He might have been the target for this attack, but I don't remember. I'll have to actually watch the movie again at some point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In 2, he was a Lyft driver who beat up bad guys that were stalking his Lyft passengers. He was in a big city somewhere. Then he went out to this other region (possibly another country) where it was very rural and on a peninsula or something similar. He was in this very old village with a tower from WW2 or some shit, and he killed a bunch of people that attacked that village. He might have been the target for this attack, but I don't remember. I'll have to actually watch the movie again at some point.

He was avenging the murder of his female colleague we see in the first movie by a corrupt bunch of CIA operatives led by Pedro Pascal. The town at the end is where he lived with his wife before she died.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
Saw this yesterday. It was OK, not great, maybe not as good as the first one, but it was OK. In many ways, I enjoyed it more than the latest John Wick movie. IMO, those movies border on the ridiculous. Maybe they're supposed to, but it doesn't work for me. I don't have a friend who couldn't win a gun fight against a blind dude or survive falling down a thousand steps. Also, John Wick is in it for himself. There's not a lot of rooting for the underdog or the defenseless. The Equalizer is a hero and it's more satisfying when he fucks up a bad guy. It's not personal, it's like he's all seven of the samurai there to protect the village. I give it a 7 out of 10.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Sounds better than the 2nd movie which is all I really cared about.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Took my 82 year old dad to see it. There were two of guys total in the theatre, lol.

It was great. We enjoyed this movie every bit as much as we enjoyed the first one. Denzel is always awesome.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
already out on VOD, that was fast. like under 2 weeks in theaters lol

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

faille

Molten Core Raider
I was already planning to see this since I'm a big fan of the first ones, but also I was in Positano on the Amalfi coast a week or so ago, where it turns out Denzel was holidaying on a 3 story high yatch. Friends got to meet with and stuff and said he was pretty cool in person. Given it's also set and filmed in southern italy, I'm even more keen to see it and see place I was actually in recently.

• 1Like

Szlia

For a pretty long while this movie is great, helped by the location and the cinematic flair of Fuqua. Sadly, it slowly and surely get dumber and dumber and even the catharsis of gangsters getting their comeuppance does not counterbalance it.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Horrible dumb movie. Time for DW to retire before he becomes a black Liam Neeson.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I liked this. It was a lot slower and not as much action as the first two, but good. Better than the second movie. First is still the best.

Also had no clue that the female agent was Dakota Fanning. I forgot she existed.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

faille

Molten Core Raider
binged the first time and watched this one.
Enjoyed it. As said, better than the second, probably on par with the first.
I don't get the too long comments, since it's the shortest of the 3 movies, and gets to the action far quicker than them. It's pretty much part of the tone / style of the series to have a long setup showing him bedding in and finding a home before going all Man on Fire.

• 2Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I liked it. Not amazing, but certainly better than the 2nd. It was funny seeing Fanning considering how Man on Fire kind of kicked off his career in this genre.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Caught this last night. Definitely worth a watch if you liked the other Equalizers. Bad guys die, Denzel is Denzel, nothing complicated going on. I did find putting subtitles on helped quite a bit, even with the English portions as it seemed somewhat quiet / mumbly.

My only gripe is the ending / motive. Perhaps I am missing the references or call backs but the 'why' just seemed random being a good dude. '..gave him a Lyft once...' was nice.

Maybe he is grooming Dakota and this is the Equalizer 7 origin story when she takes over.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Watched this with the wife tonight, we both really liked it. The town / village it was shot in was beautiful and looked really good in 4k. Bad guys die / DW kicks ass, standard stuff but worth the watch.

• 1Like

lurker

Vyemm Raider
Watched this with the wife tonight, we both really liked it. The town / village it was shot in was beautiful and looked really good in 4k. Bad guys die / DW kicks ass, standard stuff but worth the watch.
Exactly. Really likable good guy kills off really unlikable bad guys in a beautiful setting.

• 2Like