The Equalizer 3 (2023)

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
while its not robert deniro in the irishman bad it's clear that DW is getting up there in age and they had to shoot around it. Nearly all the scenes are done from his pov or from special angles/stunt doubles doing nearly all the action.

Not that denzel was ever really an action star or anything but he's old, noticably old in this film. pretty sure this series is done unless dakota fanning is taking over as the star.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
while its not robert deniro in the irishman bad it's clear that DW is getting up there in age and they had to shoot around it. Nearly all the scenes are done from his pov or from special angles/stunt doubles doing nearly all the action.

Not that denzel was ever really an action star or anything but he's old, noticably old in this film. pretty sure this series is done unless dakota fanning is taking over as the star.
Queen Latifah Equalizer GIF by CBS

Kiki

Log Wizard
Started good. Ending was pointless. There was literally no reason for the CIA/Dakota/Pam's ex-husband to be in it at all.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Started good. Ending was pointless. There was literally no reason for the CIA/Dakota/Pam's ex-husband to be in it at all.

I watched it only indirectly so far as someone watched it in another room and I kind of followed along a bit towards the end.

Even at a distance, with muffled audio and barely able to hear the TV, and peeking through double french doors-- I could sense the ending was not landing as advertised. The jist I got was the ending was more of a 2nd act turning point. Something that would make a decent 2nd act escalation, rather than a real 3rd act resolution. But again, this is just from watching the movie at a distance.

Great buildup, wrong kind of payoff for the plot threads.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did anyone else finish the movie and realize that Denzel basically sat in a restaurant the entire time? All the action is either a body double or takes place entirely off camera!

Kiki

Log Wizard
It opened good too, the eyeball thing even got my wife on board. It then slowly went to shit.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Watched it last night as much like everyone; 1 and 2 were great!....3rd...Meh. I think the series is done with Denzel.
I lost my interest early with the kid, rifle, and .22?!?!?