The Evelys Apology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
My first EQ character was a female half-elf. After a few days of being called honey, sweetie, etc I rolled a male gnome.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I mentioned this somewhere else already. I had a Merchant Alt in SWG that was a Human Female. After being hit on a few times replied to every /tell with "I have a penis"

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Didn't you run an all gnome guild for a bit?
Yeah, Clockwork Order. That's some oldschool shit right there. That was when necro pets were super overpowered. Then they nerfed them and I rolled Soygen(Oct 99, I think?). The rest is Evarkwest History!

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Only just got here now, been avoiding going to FoH, so just now found the new site after a few days of refreshing MoreNetz.

I am pretty upset about this. Maybe more than I should be, maybe just 'cause I just found out after days of wondering what the fuck was going on.

Either way, I am dissapointed Evelys decided to take the course of action he did and deleted the site. That was a shit move for reasons that have all been covered at this point.

I like a lot of people here and the community and the betrayal I feel by one of the people I thought so highly of and so respected, combined with starting over again kind of sours me to the whole thing at this point. I'll probably get over it, as I said, the would is fresh for me I suppose, but right now I kinda feel like just letting it go after the past several days and weeks of drama.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Zhaun, I think you should stick around. Don't punish yourself or the community for the actions of one person. Clearly this community is strong, 1700 registered in just a few days. The shits a giggles are and will continue to be the same as they were at FoH.

1700 registered in just a few days..
90% tyen-fraud-bots

robot-movie.jpg

robot-movie.jpg

robot-movie.jpg

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Only just got here now, been avoiding going to FoH, so just now found the new site after a few days of refreshing MoreNetz.

I am pretty upset about this. Maybe more than I should be, maybe just 'cause I just found out after days of wondering what the fuck was going on.

Either way, I am dissapointed Evelys decided to take the course of action he did and deleted the site. That was a shit move for reasons that have all been covered at this point.

I like a lot of people here and the community and the betrayal I feel by one of the people I thought so highly of and so respected, combined with starting over again kind of sours me to the whole thing at this point. I'll probably get over it, as I said, the would is fresh for me I suppose, but right now I kinda feel like just letting it go after the past several days and weeks of drama.
I know that feel, I really do. But Morenetz was a minor thing IMHO. It didn't last a week.

If anything I'm happy that the community was able to come together not once, but twice. And it's possible that we could do this again should we need to. It's a wonderful thing that the community can do this w/o having to be something of a captive audience to Req, Tyen and Donkey.

Personally I hope that this turns out to be a good thing. We'd been spinning our wheels for a long time, and the forum had changed. I don't know the path we'll take from here, but I hope we can at the very least retain an identity and a sense of pride, and maybe if we're lucky we can move beyond the endless circular debates and asshattery. We were usually only seeing the same old posters, but we're seeing new people and lurkers become active now. Seeing that really makes me happy.

Maybe take some time off, but come check in with us before too long.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was honestly very surprised that we survived a second migration, especially since the FoH viruses were supposedly fixed. I'm still pretty shocked.

Maebe_sl

shitlord
I was honestly very surprised that we survived a second migration, especially since the FoH viruses were supposedly fixed. I'm still pretty shocked.
Yeah, I think Req was viewing it the same way once MN failed but then added to the fuel to insure a second move happened.

I ended up with another shitty .js trojan on my PC yesterday. Only site that I visited that could remotely have given me internet aids yesterday was FoH. One of my browsers was slightly out of date, so I'm sure that was it. Even if everybody moved back, I wouldn't for a host of reasons, not least of which is I don't trust that site even in the slightest.

Also, thanks for allowing some of us lurkers to register and join the community.

rrr_img_658.jpg

rrr_img_658.jpg

rrr_img_658.jpg

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
After Trex, Tyen and Req's posts following the morenet meltdown, I'm not surprised. I was pretty worried when Ev shut down the other board and figured nobody would move, but once those 3 started posting, I was pretty confident everyone would be ready to make a second attempt.

Tsar Bomba

Molten Core Raider
As a lurker can someone tell me the abbreviated story as to what happened to the mornetz site? It was all over before I knew it.

Status
Not open for further replies.