The Expanse

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I await your magical care bear solution to the situation that will bring peace to humanity kind Sir.

I'm not saying your solution won't work, it will temporarily, I'm just asking how you propose to make sure the problem doesn't just happen again? Because it seems to me it'll just be cyclical. Bombs with a good plan for after might win me over.

I'm not of the "Carebears rule" variety, I'm of the "we are all fucked anyway" variety.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I'm not saying your solution won't work, it will temporarily, I'm just asking how you propose to make sure the problem doesn't just happen again? Because it seems to me it'll just be cyclical. Bombs with a good plan for after might win me over.

I'm not of the "Carebears rule" variety, I'm of the "we are all fucked anyway" variety.

Lol win you over?

You are the embodiment of weakness. Who gives a fuck to win you over?

Lol

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I don't have a utopia solution but nuking Ceres isn't gonna make a utopia either bro

I mean, this wasn't even proposed. They were discussing occupying the station by force. Not indiscriminately killing civilians, or a targeted strike to shut down the docks (Technically considered civilian, but they were pretty sure he was being resupplied through there). The issue was this would have resulted in collateral damage. Some hyperbole was used here about nuking civilians, but that wasn't even what the show was discussing--they were simply talking about seizing the economic engine supplying the war machine.

Another thread ruined by simpletons. Cool.

Season is over and people are discussing a major theme in the show. Threads are "ruined" by conversation now? Come on.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I mean, this wasn't even proposed. They were discussing occupying the station by force. Not indiscriminately killing civilians, or a targeted strike to shut down the docks (Technically considered civilian, but they were pretty sure he was being resupplied through there). The issue was this would have resulted in collateral damage. Some hyperbole was used here about nuking civilians, but that wasn't even what the show was discussing--they were simply talking about seizing the economic engine supplying the war machine.

Season is over and people are discussing a major theme in the show. Threads are "ruined" by conversation now? Come on.

Opening a window is easier, cheaper, quicker, and won't result in generations of terrorism.

Just saying

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Lol win you over?

You are the embodiment of weakness. Who gives a fuck to win you over?

Lol

I'm the embodiment of weakness? Bahaha alright bud. It was my post everyone was quoting when this dumb derail started, I figured y'all were trying to change my mind instead of just wasting your breath, my bad. ;)

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

Then the show was dumb (I don't remember that dialogue but hey snoozefest season) but yeah this method could obviously spare a fuck ton of lives and Avasarala is just a dream queen.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I'm the embodiment of weakness? Bahaha alright bud. It was my post everyone was quoting when this dumb derail started, I figured y'all were trying to change my mind instead of just wasting your breath, my bad. ;)

Not sure what the correlation between talking at you and strength is, but alright.

Keep on keeping on!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Not sure what the correlation between talking at you and strength is, but alright.

Keep on keeping on!

I was arguing against the part where you said no one was trying to prove anything against me, and laughing at the part about the weakness. Since your reading comprehension is weak. IDGAF if I appear weak.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I was arguing against the part where you said no one was trying to prove anything against me, and laughing at the part about the weakness. Since your reading comprehension is weak. IDGAF if I appear weak.

Ah, ok so I'll explain it.

You are weak. Not that you appear weak.

Because of that, in a situation such as we are discussing (retaliation for killing billions), nobody would give a fuck about your opinions.

We don't really care about them here either. But flogging retards in public has it's use.

Ask Lithose Lithose to explain to you the worth of repeatedly beating down ideological opponents in public. I don't care enough.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Ah, ok so I'll explain it.

You are weak. Not that you appear weak.

Because of that, in a situation such as we are discussing (retaliation for killing billions), nobody would give a fuck about your opinions.

We don't really care about them here either. But flogging retards in public has it's use.

Ask Lithose Lithose to explain to you the worth of repeatedly beating down ideological opponents in public. I don't care enough.

Y tu, Lachius? You used to not be the "you lean liberal so I'm going to barf all my antiliberal shit at you" type

I almost voted Trump in 2016 fam calm down (voted third party)

For example of how we probably agree on a lot more than your barf would suggest... If Earth takes in Belter refugees they absolutely should stay in space station refugee camps until they become citizens. Then they can go on Luna and maybe go down the well if they can handle it and don't mind being tracked.

I mean fuck, I even already said that if it's a tactical strike and not a nuke then why the fuck not?

You're not even arguing against me bro, take a breather for a sec.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
As a non-book reader that part kinda weirded me out. I don't remember it ever coming up in the show before. It was always belter.
They had to find a way to make a correlation to the current narrative of "MUH RACISM!!" by using American Inventor without actually saying American Inventor. It's all the more poetic because a dude who looks Latino was just mansplained to by a white male. So, they got that part pretty accurate with the RL zeitgeist.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As a book reader I thought this season was okay, although it's weird how much they downplayed how many people on Earth died on the show versus in the books. The one problem with it from a episodic TV show versus the books was having the crew all split up and jumping back and forth between all the plots. Plus with so much of it focusing on Naomi and how not good the actress is it didn't really help. Hopefully next season is better, shame about Alex...even if I agree he kind of needs the other characters to interact with to really be meaningful.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Y tu, Lachius? You used to not be the "you lean liberal so I'm going to barf all my antiliberal shit at you" type

I almost voted Trump in 2016 fam calm down (voted third party)

For example of how we probably agree on a lot more than your barf would suggest... If Earth takes in Belter refugees they absolutely should stay in space station refugee camps until they become citizens. Then they can go on Luna and maybe go down the well if they can handle it and don't mind being tracked.

I mean fuck, I even already said that if it's a tactical strike and not a nuke then why the fuck not?

You're not even arguing against me bro, take a breather for a sec.

Take in refugees that hate your society, have no desire or ability to integrate, will only be dead weight...

Fuck the parallels are gross.

Cybsled

The only reason I can think of downplaying the deaths on Earth is they only want to make Filip a murderer of millions instead of billions, so we accept his “redemption” lol.

I actually do hope they change his fate in the show vs the books

Anyways, the earlier comment about Vietnam, you need to look at context

WW1: Fuck you pay me. US wasn’t really on board with that approach, but it happened. We got WW2 as a result

WW2: Maybe this time we help them rebuild so they can be functioning societies and our allies! This worked well

Everything after was fucked because you weren’t fighting traditional enemies and they werent full blown wars in the ww1/WW2 sense. Bombing farmer towns, fighters blending in with the civilian population, massive cultural differences. Japan only worked because we let the Emperor continue to act as a figure head for buyin and many western ideas had already been planted in earlier decades and we didn’t treat them as shit/wanted to be respectful (MacArthur actually had some affinity for Japan before the war and his new role fed his ego, which helped)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This worked well
No, it didn't. The US made some of its largest political and financial mistakes after and during WW2. I honestly argue that WW2 was the "turning point" for America and it has been a slow, downward circling of the toilet ever since.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Take in refugees that hate your society, have no desire or ability to integrate, will only be dead weight...

Fuck the parallels are gross.

Note that the "skinny" shit and yada yada is way over the top and sucked, I'm not defending that at all.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I also realized one really good thing about this season... Holden was basically a side character. He sucks as the main character.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Also "that obviously was a bad idea in history" usually assume other ideas would have been better. I firmly believe we are fucked if we do and fucked if we don't about so many things.