The Expanse

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just finished S2, does this basically become TWD in Space? If so please tell me know and save me the trouble of watching two more seasons. I fucking hated TWD.

Never watched TWD. How would it become TWD in space?

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Never watched TWD. How would it become TWD in space?
Space Zombies

I just don't want this to become a shitty TV version of Dead Space, where every week they narrowly escape Zombies.

I hope it stays political in nature like a space cold war, I love that aspect of the show.

• 2Picard
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Space Zombies

Only if TWD had biospheres that were taken over/reprogrammed by a "weapon" from an alien intelligence that predated humanity by over 2 billion years.

If you're just worried about a lot of space zombies long term, it's not like that.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
Well it is hard enough to jerk off left handed 5 times a day let alone do it on pain killers muscle relaxers. I thought this is why God (Bezos) made The Expanse, to fill the void.
LOL u got to the part with space zombies and rightly assumed the whole thing would be space zombies.

Sadly, they're about as big a part of the show as the space mormons.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
When I hear "another TWD", I hear the complaint about FILLER episodes full of cunty people whining about their feelings.

Expanse don't have enough episodes per season to do that.

• 5Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 5 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Expanse has good actors, writing and direction. The Walking Dead has none of that.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Burns

I dont much care for Holden and dislike Nagata, but pretty much everyone else is great (most of the time). When I first saw the show, I thought it was over when Miller (Thomas Jane) got killed off in season 2, but things, instead, kept getting better.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
I know this is true, but I can't stand the guy playing Holden. I don't know why exactly, he just bugs me.

He's bad, although he gets better in s4. Naomi though, well...

I agree with previous sentiment - Amos and Murtry killed it this season. Murtry is just a great bad guy - he just seems so reasonable even when he's being outright evil - his bosses probably love him.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I don't get the Holden hate, dude feels just like Shepard from Mass Effect.. Amos is cool because he's a psycho and Holden is a bit more flat but that's just the hero type.. but who can forget this awesome moment?

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
He's bad, although he gets better in s4. Naomi though, well...

I agree with previous sentiment - Amos and Murtry killed it this season. Murtry is just a great bad guy - he just seems so reasonable even when he's being outright evil - his bosses probably love him.

Burn Gorman was the perfect person to play him as well. He is excellent in those 'complete and total asshole' characters who, nevertheless, do have a point. Murtry was absolutely correct in his initial charges afterall and was pretty broken up about some of his crew being killed.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Cybsled

No, the Earth guy in the security force that was being taught Belter creole by that prostitute and got pinned to the wall by a piece of rebar by that Belter gang.

Sterling

El Presidente
I can understand disliking Holden as a character as he's pretty unlikeable, but that's intentional I think. Naomi's issue is her actress is pretty weak and it just rarely conveys her competency that the character actually has. Does she ever actually seem like a real badass engineer?

• 3Solidarity