The Expanse

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1576397633940.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Maul

Dental Dammer
God fucking damn I could watch this show forever.

Except the belter accent, it's just terrible.

• 6Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Why the fuck do they have to end each episode on a cliffhanger, when they release them all at once. Especialy on a good show, who's going to not watch them in max 3 days ?

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Why the fuck do they have to end each episode on a cliffhanger, when they release them all at once. Especialy on a good show, who's going to not watch them in max 3 days ?

Because at some point in the future they might syndicate this and license it out for traditional daily/weekly showings....

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The side plot I liked the most was the change in Mars. Once the possibility of all those worlds manifested it was only natural that terraforming Mars was a lot less interesting.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

The 9th book is the final one and due out sometime next year. That being said, 9 seasons is a stretch. I'd prefer it get continued long enough to finish the entire story...would be a shame if they only get through the Marcos/Belter stuff from books 5&6 and then the show gets axed before they can do the Laconia stuff/protomolecule resolution.

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
So anyone else had a little bit of a panic attack when

that jackass shot off Amos' trigger finger and then you heard those 2 shots offscreen?

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Hands down the best season for me. A bit more Stargatish which made it more action and easier to follow. Considering I binge background watch most tv stuff, it was perfecto

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
So anyone else had a little bit of a panic attack when

that jackass shot off Amos' trigger finger and then you heard those 2 shots offscreen?

Kinda, but all the characters involved were too big this season to be explicitly resolved before our eyes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Kinda, but all the characters involved were too big this season to be explicitly resolved before our eyes.
Oh yea fully understand that but in the back of my mind i know that "subverting expectations" was a buzz phrase whole 2019

khorum

Murder Apologist
Ashford in the show is waaay better handled than in the books. I was anxious that Inaros would be a hard sell but they nailed him too.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So at risk of spoiling further books, is Miller gone for good? Also did books have a "real" Miller version take over from whatever the version of him that was in the ring station was too?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
So at risk of spoiling further books, is Miller gone for good? Also did books have a "real" Miller version take over from whatever the version of him that was in the ring station was too?

Don't remember... So prolly.

They might write him in tho bc of popularity

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Don't remember... So prolly.

They might write him in tho bc of popularity

Didn't seem that way, sure seemed like he was going to be gone for good. I just will miss Thomas Jane and the character for how it explains stuff with protomolecule makers and what killed them (or at least, speculation on that)

Cybsled

The book makes it seem like Miller is done, but who knows. The "real" Miller tried to surface multiple times and was always killed "for exceeding his parameters" by the AI that created the investigator/proto Julie, aka acting human instead of being 100% on mission. The show gets that across as well...everytime he starts to act like Miller, the AI kills him and remakes him. After he has his "core" put into the "void bullet" thing, there is a bit in the book where the AI stops and implies it has shutdown or at the very least, has stopped the function of trying to reach out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

khorum

Murder Apologist
yeah

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

The only potential possibility, which I imagine will be explored in book 9 (finale book). Spoilers included for the most recent books.

They find that diamond the size of a planet and theorize it is basically a giant harddrive. The popular hypothesis is some of the builders consciousness was uploaded to that and potentially any sentient life that has been protomoleculed has as well (Amos and those 2 kids they rescue from Laconia will probably be the test bed for this theory, since presumably they will be the key in finding a solution to dealing with the aliens working on wiping out humanity)

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I have been wanting to comeback to this series for awhile now, because so many of you told me to stick with it Since I am off work for a few weeks recovering from Shoulder Surgery I figured this would be the perfect time...

Believe it or not about a year or so ago I stopped watching a this show halfway through the Season 1 Finale. Even though many of you kept telling me it doesn't get good until halfway through Season 2. So after watching a 20 minute S1 Recap and finishing the S1 Finale I started S2. I think I just hit the point you were all talking about as Eros just toro'd the Navoo and Miller lives. About to start S2 E5 and I am excited. Thanks to all that kept telling me to stick with it.

Last edited:
  • 3Like