The Expanse

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cybsled

The part where after they dump the core
they get picked up by a Mars Donanger class warship that is boarded by the belters and claimed by Marco

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This ......is........moving....too......slowly. I cannot believe we only have 2 episodes left. I miss the crew being together. I guess we get that on the final episode. It started out well enough and so far has just fizzled. Its so slow they had to include a restroom break??

Get the fucking story moving......

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Goatface

You couldn’t without cutting a lot. They seemed to have dropped an entire thing with Alex and Bobbie at the moment, or maybe they are just deferring it

they could cut 80% of Naomi and Filip's time and nothing of value would be lost.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Amos is by far the most interesting character to me. His development has been pretty solid. The rest is just meh to me. This show started out great and it's now slowing becoming a snooze-fest.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Watching them smear blood on naomi and put the tear juice in her eyes to make it look like she has emotions is just embarrassing at this point. Also I'm starting to feel bad for the book readers watching this. They managed to employ a montage to show what happened on naomi's frost wagon like I suggested before, that must have been horrible to experience in the books.

Cybsled

In the books you can hear her thought process on the engineering tricks she pulls on the ship. I thought they did a good job in the show at helping the audience understand what she was doing

Cybsled

It's not too hard to get through the events of book 6 from a show perspective I don't think. Book 5 and 6 are basically the "same book" split into two, so you front load with setup/introducing characters, then in the 2nd half you move towards resolving the setup.

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
The best part of this season was when Filip pimp slapped Naomi. He got to do what we all wish we could.
Fuck You Season 5 GIF by Amazon Prime Video

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I also thought Naomi was committing suicide and was excited lol. So in a show that I’ve generally appreciated for its attempt at ‘realism’ I found this scene was a classic jump the shark moment. Without being too autist about it, what are the actual chances of pushing off and landing right at the door from that distance . I am pretty sure even a. 0.1 degree of angle off means you aren’t even touching the ship let alone landing on the door. Even without wind resistance etc to deal with in a vacuum, it would be like hitting a pool ball from a football field away and landing it in the the hole. Borderline unwatchable scene. If the book was really that silly then they honestly should have changed it in the show - maybe have the fat old friend of hers smuggle her on board and then convince Marco that she spaced herself.

I did like the stuff that happened in the ship afterwards though I don’t understand exactly what was going on- what was the deal with that last part , why was she cutting at the signal and why did she repeat the lines herself??

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Goatface

I did like the stuff that happened in the ship afterwards though I don’t understand exactly what was going on- what was the deal with that last part , why was she cutting at the signal and why did she repeat the lines herself??
she was timing the message in order to change it to
"This is Naomi Nagata... Tell James Holden I am in... Control."

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Yup. When they setup the ship to act as a trap, they basically stripped the ship of almost anything non-essential so it wouldn't be wasted. The only reason that pressure suit was even there was because it was busted (that is why she couldn't stay in that area long...her CO2 scrubber wasn't functioning and she was basically worked off whatever air she had in the suit+her lungs for each trip). But all the com shit, control shit, etc beyond what was needed for the ship to fly, transmit the signal, and at least appear manned was all stripped out.

The repeated message being altered lets them know something is up, although they wouldn't know about all the bombs and shit.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ah that’s pretty cool, totally missed that. Why did she have to make so many trips and mark the number?

Cybsled

She couldn't hear the message when she was back there, so she had to try to time it out and fuck with the transmitter at extremely specific times to adjust the message to get the desired result.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
so far this season sux

all i care about are the adventures of Amos and Peaches

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

To be fair, the Adventures of Amos and Peaches were the best parts of book 5

• 2Like