The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

spronk

FPS noob
lol apparently the huge reveal in this episode was that JLD is joining the MCU as a new big baddie, that Countess chick is big in the comics i guess. She was originally supposed to make her bow in Black Widow movie, wonder if she's still in it

i love julia l dreyfuss and everything she has ever done but that was distracting, all I could think about was how much better Falcon and Winter Soldier would be if George and Kramer were there to argue with Zemo and Falcon about everything. George could get into a huge rant about tipping and per diems while they are in Europe

Jive Turkey

Karen
They keep showing Sam's nephews playing with and touching the shield. It's symbolically in direct opposition to Isaiah's message about the shield and all it represents being irredeemable. Isaiah is the past, Sam's nephews are the future. That's why he's taking up the mantle. It's a good message. He knows there's more power in setting an example than there is in being dragged down by the past

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They keep showing Sam's nephews playing with and touching the shield. It's symbolically in direct opposition to Isaiah's message about the shield and all it represents being irredeemable. Isaiah is the past, Sam's nephews are the future. That's why he's taking up the mantle. It's a good message. He knows there's more power in setting and example than there is in being dragged down by the past
except they showed several examples in earlier episodes that that wasnt the past and whiteys be just as racist as ever. they also showed how racism exists on both ends but its only one side that needs to apologize for it.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
This is why I'm saying you're missing the forest for the trees. Sam respected Steve Rogers so much he has risen above rhetoric.

I know that a lot of you brittle, frail, echo chamber nerds have lost sight of reality, but the way they are addressing reality with Sam's character is incredibly reasonable

Disney executive is literally on tape now saying they reject shows for having too many white people, despite being really well written (Literally her words). Go fuck yourself with this idea that people are reading too much into this bullshit.

Seriously, half of you are fucking deluded and you just refuse to see how terrible this shit is. He's absolutely right, injecting race here was wrong--but Sam's moment of doubt that he was right just plays into the idea that it MIGHT be true, too. If you can't see that mixed messaging, well--its the reason why propaganda works.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Disney executive is literally on tape now saying they reject shows for having too many white people, despite being really well written (Literally her words). Go fuck yourself with this idea that people are reading too much into this bullshit.

Seriously, half of you are fucking deluded and you just refuse to see how terrible this shit is. He's absolutely right, injecting race here was wrong--but Sam's moment of doubt that he was right just plays into the idea that it MIGHT be true, too. If you can't see that mixed messaging, well--its the reason why propaganda works.

You look really impressive up there on your pulpit

• 2Garbage
  • 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 3 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
They keep showing Sam's nephews playing with and touching the shield. It's symbolically in direct opposition to Isaiah's message about the shield and all it represents being irredeemable. Isaiah is the past, Sam's nephews are the future. That's why he's taking up the mantle. It's a good message. He knows there's more power in setting an example than there is in being dragged down by the past

Yeah...except 'they' gave the shield to a white man first, and literally tried to dupe Sam out of it. Sam had to go above and beyond to even get his shot. Isiah is is already right--that's the insidious part of this narrative. Its why it 'feels' wrong for a lot of people, its just been hard to explain.

Isiah's judgement is spot on, and you need righteous black men like Sam to forcefully change the world. In essence, now, part of Sam's heroic identity is being anti-racist. He's only proving Isiah wrong in that he's showing Isiah the evil racist white man can't hold him down anymore--not that the evil racist white man doesn't exist.

They aren't being subtle about this.

Last edited:

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
You look really impressive up there on your pulpit

Well, with people like you so quick to apologize for people who literally despise you for being born with a certain set of genitals and a certain skin color, I guess even a modicum of resistance looks dramatic. The writers couldn't be more obvious--they are rubbing your face in it and you're still mewling about people seeing things that aren't there.

2021.04.15-02.21-boundingintocomics-60784bf72370d.png

This show is literally now about a heroic black man proving he can overcome racism. Do you disagree with that? They've literally turned Sam's origin story into an a theme about racism, and his most significant obstacle is racism.

• 3Like
  • 1Rustled

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
It's a wonder any of you even have a TV to watch this, I imagine you frothing at the mouth any time you watch anything made in the last 20 years.

As said, at this point the literal executives are telling you they are racist and you guys still act like the problem is the audience.

Not sure what other evidence you could want outside of the people making the shows saying 'yes, we're doing this'--but apparently denial is a powerful horse that can be ridden far.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If Sam had told that bitter racist that the cycle of hate needs to stop and that every race is capable of being bigoted, racist, and harmful to other races because of it. i would have given my respects for this show. but he let it all pass like he accepted it as true. which makes this show a shameful ball of shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jive Turkey

Karen
Has anyone yet mentioned the completely unbelievable sub plot about Bucky being attracted to Sam's completely below average looking sister?

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Has anyone yet mentioned the completely unbelievable sub plot about Bucky being attracted to Sam's completely below average looking sister?
Was he really attracted to her, or did he just instantly figure out it was Sam's sister and another avenue to mess with Sam?

• 4Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Sam was literally given the shield and he gave it up. He didn't go above and beyond. He just realized maybe he was the right person to be given the shield after how much of a joke Walker was. Though I agree it was done in an over handed way. It was obvious Walker was going to lose it from the first time he was introduced.

I love how predictably upset this community gets anytime anything race is involved. As soon as I saw that scene about giving the shield to a black man I was looking forward to the melts here. Knew y'all wouldn't disappoint.

• 2Garbage
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Sam was literally given the shield and he gave it up. He didn't go above and beyond. He just realized maybe he was the right person to be given the shield after how much of a joke Walker was. Though I agree it was done in an over handed way. It was obvious Walker was going to lose it from the first time he was introduced.

I love how predictably upset this community gets anytime anything race is involved. As soon as I saw that scene about giving the shield to a black man I was looking forward to the melts here. Knew y'all wouldn't disappoint.
yeah, isnt it awesome that we cant discuss just the storyline because woke politics keeps inserting itself into it? what a great fucking idea.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

The opening episode has the guy who created Walker saying he was glad Sam cam around and was doing the right thing--IE they convinced Sam to give up the shield. Sam felt unworthy because of pressure by..literally, white males. Isiah wasn't wrong.

Again the show isn't subtle about this. You guys try so fucking hard to pretend this messaging doesn't exist, you blank out whole sections of the show. Again, Disney executives are now on tape stating they actively push this shit

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
yeah, isnt it awesome that we cant discuss just the storyline because woke politics keeps inserting itself into it? what a great fucking idea.

Isn't it awesome how this shit gets pushed into every piece of media, but its somehow a 'melt down' if its actually discussed or even people mention that they see these ham-fisted, overt, plot lines?

I don't get this Alex Alex what do you get by attempting to stifle discussion about what is clearly in the show, and not subtle at all? How is it a "melt down" to discuss literal, overt, really obtusely highlighted plot lines that are pushed front and center?

I mean, I don't think you could even discuss the show at this point without discussing race--you'd be missing the pivotal challenge or antagonistic force against the main protagonist...

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 8 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Cap wasnt 120, he was about mid 20s when he got put on ice, probably spent 7 years thawed out, then went back to where he left peggy. he's about 90-100.
so let's say he was mid 20's when he got put on ice. he was thawed out around 2010 or so. endgame takes place in like 2025 so that would put him at, let's say 40. at that point he went BACK to the 40's and lived his life with peggy until 2025 again when he gave the shield to sam. from 1945 to 2025 is 80 years, which would put him at 120. obviously give or take because we don't know how old he was when he got frozen, and we don't know exactly what year he went back to when he stayed with peggy.