The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Sevens

Log Wizard
I actually liked the new Captain America, they start off portraying him as a decent guy

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
He seems decent and also douchey at the same time. Ain't no way that boy is 100% natural though, he and Enfys Nest gonna have some sort of history.

Also -- in reference to the 'Big Three' when has Sam ever encountered a wizard?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I actually liked the new Captain America, they start off portraying him as a decent guy
I didnt like his "stay out of my way" veiled threat. Bucky should have rolled right on over to him and put his entire vibranium arm up his ass and took back Cap's shield.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I don't know man. I want to like this, but I'm not sold yet. Why is every other fucking line "black"? Yes black people exist. Does every line have to be about race? Is that what Marvel is going to be going forward?

Always cracks me up. They suck black dick always in these things, but when they put a black woman they also pick the lightest skin black woman ever. It was funny that his wife is basically half black, but his best friend / sergeant is midnight black lol. They never use a tar baby colored black woman.

• 1Seriously?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
"On your left"

He made a note that a Sorcerer is a wizard without a hat, but also he was referring to threats. They've fought lots of aliens and some androids (Ultron) but never any wizards that I recall.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't know man. I want to like this, but I'm not sold yet. Why is every other fucking line "black"? Yes black people exist. Does every line have to be about race? Is that what Marvel is going to be going forward?

Always cracks me up. They suck black dick always in these things, but when they put a black woman they also pick the lightest skin black woman ever. It was funny that his wife is basically half black, but his best friend / sergeant is midnight black lol. They never use a tar baby colored black woman.
It could just be lighting. Its very tricky to properly light a darker skin person, so either they jack the lamps on all the black people they cast or they cast lighter skin blacks to make it easier on them. I know black panther had some darker skin blacks but they managed it well though you can still see its a bit uneven compared to others.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

They already exhausted all of the darker actresses for Wakanda. At first I was going to say "what about..." then I looked it up, and she was Black Panther's girlfriend. Then the other was a Wakandan council member, and too old. The rest were Wakandan guards. It's not like there's a deep pool of south Nigerian actresses to pull from. Besides, they want to pander, not actually go black-black.

It could just be lighting. Its very tricky to properly light a darker skin person, so either they jack the lamps on all the black people they cast or they cast lighter skin blacks to make it easier on them. I know black panther had some darker skin blacks but they managed it well though you can still see its a bit uneven compared to others.
They're going to be caked in makeup regardless. Vast majority of women look like shit without makeup while on camera, it's even worse for black women.

• 2Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This episode was way better than the first. They are definitely setting up John Walker as a sympathetic and likeable guy. Wouldnt be shocked if he ends up going full Homelander from the boys.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So far I am enjoying this more than Wandavision.

The Black thing is getting a bit over done but I did enjoy the whole " So you are a Black Kid"? line. It was like the show was pointing itself out. The scene with the old man was very interesting. I could actually see that having happened. I want to believe that the old man would have stepped up when earth needed him, but he got broken down by the very society that could have used him the most. Was the best part of the episode for me.

The duality between Sam and Bucky is improving. I look forward to moving past what all the previews showed and seeing if it matures well.

So far this is entertaining me and I will keep watching.

• 1Like

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Way they setup John Walker in this was a lot better than the comics, here he actually is an elite soldier, so makes sense the gov't would pick him to be the new Cap. Interesting that they starting him off apparently unpowered, though I assume he'll end up failing at something major which pushes him to get the super soldier treatment.

• 1Like

Cybsled

What happened to the old Korean War vet dude was realistic, especially if he was another one off like Steve and they wanted to duplicate the super serum for mass use.

New Captain had a good intro and he has legit background. The whole “stay out of our way” bit was ominous, but to be fair Bucky and Sam haven’t exactly been friendly either. I do wonder if he is enhanced, though. Getting kicked off a moving vehicle into another moving vehicle and getting up fine isn’t normal. At least with his friend you can chalk it up to magic vibranium shield saving him from injury

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
What happened to the old Korean War vet dude was realistic, especially if he was another one off like Steve and they wanted to duplicate the super serum for mass use.

New Captain had a good intro and he has legit background. The whole “stay out of our way” bit was ominous, but to be fair Bucky and Sam haven’t exactly been friendly either. I do wonder if he is enhanced, though. Getting kicked off a moving vehicle into another moving vehicle and getting up fine isn’t normal. At least with his friend you can chalk it up to magic vibranium shield saving him from injury
they mentioned "Power Broker" in this episode.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Episode is a little hit or miss but goddamn there is such great chemistry between Stan and Mackie.

• 2Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
He made a note that a Sorcerer is a wizard without a hat, but also he was referring to threats. They've fought lots of aliens and some androids (Ultron) but never any wizards that I recall.

The Maw or whatever it’s called, Thanos’s child that Dr Strange battled in NYC.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Way they setup John Walker in this was a lot better than the comics, here he actually is an elite soldier, so makes sense the gov't would pick him to be the new Cap. Interesting that they starting him off apparently unpowered, though I assume he'll end up failing at something major which pushes him to get the super soldier treatment.

Ive never read any comics. I’m guessing he turns bad, gets the serum, and becomes the enemy, then falcon takes up the shield like Steve wanted and saves the day w Bucky?

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
Whereas Sam and Bucky have not personally fought a Wizard the Avengers as a whole have, Loki in Avengers is a wizard.

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I may be wrong but I think what Marvel is going to do is show that Sam isn’t going to sell out, he’s not going to cash in on being The Falcon...while the new Captain America is going to be pure marketing gimmick, Sam will remain true to himself and that’s how in the end he’ll come to the realization that he’s worth being the next guy to use the shield.

That might be fairly close to the angle they go. You'll see contrasts between Sam and New Captain America...they'll probably paint Sam more in the traditional American values light (hard work gets rewarded, integrity, etc) and New Captain America will be some social media/corporate style marketing shit that is ultimately just a facade. Then Sam realizes he needs to accept the mantle to actually preserve what Steve Rogers stood for and give people a positive role model.

Really liked this angle--but it doesn't look like it will go down like this now. His intro essentially made him a 'walk the walk' type guy who put the work in. Seems like they wanted to pound that home specifically--special forces and multiple CMHs? It was actually ridiculous until they added that bit about him being studied because he seems to be 'enhanced'.

I have a feeling it will be like the comics now--where he's too aggressive, and that's why he doesn't make a good Cap.

He's definitely enhanced. That whole clip with the shield throwing combined with those lines of how he was studied at MIT, I think, were meant to infer he's at least like Natasha, where he's 'peak human'. But I have a feeling we're going to see some super soldier serum somewhere in his background.

Which will actually be great if they go that route--and explain the government chose him because he is enhanced. (Because honestly, a problem with Sam is that he's not...And a lot of what Cap did needs someone who has those capabilities. Maybe this will lead to Falcon getting some enhancements or something)

Sevens

Log Wizard
Really liked this angle--but it doesn't look like it will go down like this now. His intro essentially made him a 'walk the walk' type guy who put the work in. Seems like they wanted to pound that home specifically--special forces and multiple CMHs? It was actually ridiculous until they added that bit about him being studied because he seems to be 'enhanced'.

I have a feeling it will be like the comics now--where he's too aggressive, and that's why he doesn't make a good Cap.

He's definitely enhanced. That whole clip with the shield throwing combined with those lines of how he was studied at MIT, I think, were meant to infer he's at least like Natasha, where he's 'peak human'. But I have a feeling we're going to see some super soldier serum somewhere in his background.

Which will actually be great if they go that route--and explain the government chose him because he is enhanced. (Because honestly, a problem with Sam is that he's not...And a lot of what Cap did needs someone who has those capabilities. Maybe this will lead to Falcon getting some enhancements or something)
Well he did tell that Good Morning America anchor that he didnt have super strength
I think he doesnt at this time but that is kind of what makes him turn the page and go a bit overboard is his pursuit of or a side effect of taking the serum.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Episode is a little hit or miss but goddamn there is such great chemistry between Stan and Mackie.

Was coming here to say this. The first 5 minutes these two were together was more entertaining than nearly the whole last episode. Their interplay is just amazing.