The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

joz123

Potato del Grande
Maybe, but the woman literally blew up a shitload of people with a bomb. The other minions seem less violent in terms of actual murder, but still.
That's because she knew there would be casualties from the building blowing up. Lamar was an accidental death.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
in 3 episodes she's gone from sympathetic to cold blooded killer and now back to sympathetic somewhat. This type of shit could work with multiple episodes in between the transformations but as it stands it is squarely in shit writing category. While this has been somewhat good, it could have been 1000 times better at this point and it's not even over.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
John Walker reminds me of Nuke from Jessica Jones.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
I like it, the action scenes were good and everything flowed from what we've seen in the last 3 episodes. Sure, its going a bit too fast but if they added 2 more episodes and gave more backstory to Karli and Walker and Battlestar (lol) it would probably be too slow of a show. It was nice seeing Sam finally fight with his gear, up till this point he was kinda useless.

I'm glad Zemo didn't take the serum, it obviously goes against everything he's said but you could see that moment of temptation. Captain DumbAss is really dialing up his lack of everything in this episode, I hope he's gone from the MCU by the end of the series because I definitely don't want more of him. He's a fine villain because he's so easy to despise, but he's also really boring and tropey and cliche.

Every scene with winter soldier or Zemo is 10/10 and fantastic, pretty much everything else is 5/10 or worse. I wish the show was just Winter Soldier with a lot of flashbacks to pad it out but i guess it is what it is.

Next episode is gonna be 61 minutes long and supposed to be heavy.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I think piece of shit cap is played pretty damn well. I think his character is a little rushed in the show but that's my only nitpick. Steve Roger's is a one in a million cap because he could handle the pressure. I think we all would have done what new cap did

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
i thought it would be somthing better, like he loses his friend or family and nopes out of being Cap. but this way he's photographed doing heinous shit so he's forced out because the optics are bad, which makes the Cap title look bad. they took away the human element of the story and turned him into a stereotypical roidrage meathead. i know your role here is to shit on everyone's opinion, but it would be nice for once if you could understand what it is you're shitting on.
His best friend and partner was just murdered in front of him, only hours after taking the SS serum which has been shown to have adverse and extremely negative effects on people..and you are upset cause he roided out and tomahawk chopped some little bitch terrorist?

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think piece of shit cap is played pretty damn well. I think his character is a little rushed in the show but that's my only nitpick. Steve Roger's is a one in a million cap because he could handle the pressure. I think we all would have done what new cap did

Yeah I'm on board with this, the whole discussion they had about what he was awarded his Medals of Honor for and "how many lives they could have saved if they had the serum that day" makes perfect sense for flawed people put in these situations and are exactly the problem Zemo has with super soldiers in general.

To be honest, it's not even all this making Sam look like a better choice, it's really making Bucky look like the real hero of the show imo. I thought this episode was pretty great overall. Agree on Zemo fading out from the show now as a good thing, let him be a free agent out there in the wild (although really you'd expect Wakanda to find him pretty easily but whatever).

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like it, the action scenes were good and everything flowed from what we've seen in the last 3 episodes. Sure, its going a bit too fast but if they added 2 more episodes and gave more backstory to Karli and Walker and Battlestar (lol) it would probably be too slow of a show. It was nice seeing Sam finally fight with his gear, up till this point he was kinda useless.

I'm glad Zemo didn't take the serum, it obviously goes against everything he's said but you could see that moment of temptation. Captain DumbAss is really dialing up his lack of everything in this episode, I hope he's gone from the MCU by the end of the series because I definitely don't want more of him. He's a fine villain because he's so easy to despise, but he's also really boring and tropey and cliche.

Every scene with winter soldier or Zemo is 10/10 and fantastic, pretty much everything else is 5/10 or worse. I wish the show was just Winter Soldier with a lot of flashbacks to pad it out but i guess it is what it is.

Next episode is gonna be 61 minutes long and supposed to be heavy.

Agree with pretty much everything you said but I was heartily sick of the Karli exposition in the last episode. Maybe it's the affected generic London accent but I can't bear to listen to her twine on.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Is it wrong I keep cheering for Zemo? It feels wrong....

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 7 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Zemo seems to be the most reasonable person out of everyone. He has a clear objective and doesn't deviate from it.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
i thought it would be somthing better, like he loses his friend or family and nopes out of being Cap. but this way he's photographed doing heinous shit so he's forced out because the optics are bad, which makes the Cap title look bad. they took away the human element of the story and turned him into a stereotypical roidrage meathead. i know your role here is to shit on everyone's opinion, but it would be nice for once if you could understand what it is you're shitting on.

Why the hell would they want to go down that road? Did Ultron or Thanos just bow out for personal reasons? Or even evil-Ant/Yellowjacket Man? Ironmonger? Killmonger? etc..

Comic book villains don't really work that way, lol.

Of course there's gonna be a comic-inspired slap-down between Sam Wilson and John Walker, and probably end the show on a Sam Wilson reasonably comic-book accurate costume, just like Wanda got her red dress and witch-tiara.

I mean, one would probably be able to skip the show and go from Endgame, Steve giving Sam the shield, to whatever next Avenger movie and Sam being Captain America. But it's nice to have the interlude here with some of the characters and themes that were explored in the comics as well.

• 1Like

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Too many characters and too much story to cover for only six episodes. Walker pretty much has no arc, he's cracking up right from jump, even though we're told he's a top tier, experienced soldier. Hoskins is more of a plot device than an actual character. As jooka mentioned above, Karli seems inconsistent...think they could have done without having her blow up those aid workers.

I suppose if they're all just one and done characters, it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of the MCU, but would have preferred a longer season, give more time to actually build up those characters.

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
the only thing that New Cap did that makes sense was the shied murder. up until that point, he was just a shit actor and I couldn't wait for him to be replaced.

is bucky enhanced, beyond his arm and brain wash?

aside from new cap being most insufferable when on screen, totally digging this show. I could tolerate new cap more if we get a flashback from his war event where he got 3 medals, and we learn it's all a lie/coverup.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
His best friend and partner was just murdered in front of him, only hours after taking the SS serum which has been shown to have adverse and extremely negative effects on people..and you are upset cause he roided out and tomahawk chopped some little bitch terrorist?
thats not at all what i said. i could care less about Johnny Walker and his motives, i care that they ruined the image of Captain America by giving it to some fucktard with no respect for what his role means. ooh he was mad, fuck off.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Picard

joz123

Potato del Grande
thats not at all what i said. i could care less about Johnny Walker and his motives, i care that they ruined the image of Captain America by giving it to some fucktard with no respect for what his role means. ooh he was mad, fuck off.
gordon ramsey idiot GIF

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
the only thing that New Cap did that makes sense was the shied murder. up until that point, he was just a shit actor and I couldn't wait for him to be replaced.

aside from new cap being most insufferable when on screen, totally digging this show. I could tolerate new cap more if we get a flashback from his war event where he got 3 medals, and we learn it's all a lie/coverup.

He's Hydra prototype enhanced. He jumped out of a plane without a parachute and fought Cap hand to hand. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think they're flip flopping on Karli nonstop to make Sam have to make a hard choice at some point to prove he's worthy of the shield. Like weighing the good and bad she's done to ultimately make a judgement call whether it's against his own feelings or what. It just seems very poorly written and waffley right now from our early point of view.

I wonder what they do with New Cap. Like is he going to get killed, jailed, or become a villain anti-hero type.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

He is enhanced from Zola I believe, which would be somewhere between Erskine's first serum, Red Skull, and better version, Captain America. or how I think of it. I also like the idea that the power broker is gonna turn out to be Zola