The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This series is.... okay? I’m kind of disappointed in this (don’t even get me started on the wandaturd). They have excellent source material and a really compelling built in universe and these first two Disney + series‘ have been awful and just decent. Hopefully Loki is awesome, but not holding my breath.

• 4Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 4 users

Sterling

El Presidente
The biggest issue with this is that it just feels compressed. Like if it was a more normal 8 or 10 episodes maybe the could flesh out some stuff so it wouldn't feel so sudden and jarring. Oh they won't make me a master? Time to kill the younglings.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
i care that they ruined the image of Captain America by giving it to some fucktard with no respect for what his role means.

Do you mean just think it's wrong in general to have anyone with the "Cap" mantle ruin the image...or that you actually expected the US government/military in the Marvel universe to not fuck it up giving it to the wrong person?

Cause if it is the latter, seems way more correct they'd fuck it up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Do you mean just think it's wrong in general to have anyone with the "Cap" mantle ruin the image...or that you actually expected the US government/military in the Marvel universe to not fuck it up giving it to the wrong person?

Cause if it is the latter, seems way more correct they'd fuck it up.
i guess i'm just salty that they shitted up Steve Rogers's legacy.

• 1Picard
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
If nucap just woulda given the serum to battlestar he'd still be alive!

Cybsled

The one thing they've brought up multiple times with Nu Cap is he's seen some shit and Sam specializes in helping vets with PTSD or trauma. I don't think Nu Cap will die, but he will eventually do some shit that pushes his wife away and that will be his realization that he needs some assistance with his buried trauma and he will realize he isn't Captain America and will get assistance in getting his head right. He's an antagonist at this point, but he isn't a villain.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Man it really pisses me off when people making a tv show based on a comic book character are incredibly faithful to the source material.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I think they're flip flopping on Karli nonstop to make Sam have to make a hard choice at some point to prove he's worthy of the shield. Like weighing the good and bad she's done to ultimately make a judgement call whether it's against his own feelings or what. It just seems very poorly written and waffley right now from our early point of view.

I wonder what they do with New Cap. Like is he going to get killed, jailed, or become a villain anti-hero type.

I expect her to die, probably in Sam's arms, and it'll be what pushes him to being Cap - maybe throw in her endorsement with her dying breath or something 'maybe if that was you this wouldn't be happening', etc. She's probably coming for Sam's family now, and that's where we'll get her finale dovetailing into Power Broker stuff as we deal w/ Walker fallout.

What are people's expectations of Power Broker? Surely it's someone they've either shown already or established in the MCU previously. Feel like probably not Zemo? Hell, it could even be Sharon and why she's all cozy in Madripoor.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I expect her to die, probably in Sam's arms, and it'll be what pushes him to being Cap - maybe throw in her endorsement with her dying breath or something 'maybe if that was you this wouldn't be happening', etc. She's probably coming for Sam's family now, and that's where we'll get her finale dovetailing into Power Broker stuff as we deal w/ Walker fallout.

What are people's expectations of Power Broker? Surely it's someone they've either shown already or established in the MCU previously. Feel like probably not Zemo? Hell, it could even be Sharon and why she's all cozy in Madripoor.
Stop tempting me to check Power Broker's wiki entry for clues.

spronk

FPS noob
who is zola

i just assumed its Sharon, its pretty fucking weird how she has access to a fucking SATELLITE that can track Captain America and considering she has murdered a bunch of people in Madripor and faces zero blowback from the Broker. Of course it makes little sense that she keeps helping Sam & WS if she is the power broker, I assume some sorta big reveal like a faction of the Skrulls or another alien baddie are fomenting war across the planet to prepare for invasion...

that was one big issue I had so far with the series, why the fuck is the US govt sending a basic Captain America and 1 sidekick on a mission to fight like 8 super soldiers. Why isn't there air support, an entire marine platoon on standby, there was that whole SWORD division with advanced tech. Its really bizarre.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
i just assumed its Sharon, its pretty fucking weird how she has access to a fucking SATELLITE that can track Captain America and considering she has murdered a bunch of people in Madripor and faces zero blowback from the Broker. Of course it makes little sense that she keeps helping Sam & WS if she is the power broker, I assume some sorta big reveal like a faction of the Skrulls or another alien baddie are fomenting war across the planet to prepare for invasion...
Those were just random bounty hunters, not the Broker's men. The satellite isn't hers, it's just something she still knows passwords to or something. Which is silly but in line with comic books.

There's no fucking way Sharon is the power broker because she never would have led them to the guy who could make more serum.

• 1Garbage

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Well, just got the politics review from Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus (most of this covered):

First episode : Black man can't get a loan.. even though he's an Avenger
Second Episode : Two guys fighting and cop just asks the white guy is everything is OK.. in a black neighborhood....
Third Episode : Sharon Carter saying "Oh yeah, you still believe in all that stars and stripes bullshit"

She has just demoted it off the "pirate it when it finishes" list to the "don't let that be on a TV when I'm around" list.. heh

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
who is zola

that was one big issue I had so far with the series, why the fuck is the US govt sending a basic Captain America and 1 sidekick on a mission to fight like 8 super soldiers. Why isn't there air support, an entire marine platoon on standby, there was that whole SWORD division with advanced tech. Its really bizarre.

Attachments

• b866ebb8363affa70f08541801d4b4cf.jpg
    b866ebb8363affa70f08541801d4b4cf.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 013AB4F7-56BE-4FB0-A8AE-6F06336AB894.jpg
    013AB4F7-56BE-4FB0-A8AE-6F06336AB894.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 12

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It should be Zola, it makes the most sense that it would be Zola, but there is nothing hinting at that after 4 episodes. Its why people are theorizing its Sharon, because she`s the shadiest person that we have seen yet. Unless they plan on introducing The Leader or Ross next week which would be lame as fuck to bring in the 3rd act. It would make more sense that the banker from episode 1 was behind it all.