The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you watch the scene with the Dr that made the new batches he talks about how improved and above his serum is over Erskins.
Seriously do a lot of you nit pickers even watch the show, or just let it play in the background till you hear / see something that triggers you?
yeah and I thought that scene was stupid too

• 2Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
yeah and I thought that scene was stupid too
Oh My God Wow GIF

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah it's absolutely impossible that someone with the benefit of 80 years of technological advancement could have made very small improvements on Erskine's formula.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Yeah, not sure where the whole idea of Hydra being completely gone makes any sense. Even within this very show Zemo & Bucky exchange that, the reason why Bucky is enlisting Zemo's help is because he suspects Hydra has something to do with it and Bucky knows that, in light of that, Zemo is their best bet due to his knowledge of Hydra. It's like... The very premise for the coolest character getting out of prison is to stop Hydra and the counter-argument is that a non-cannon B list TV show indicated they were gone.

That's probably why Chloe Bennet is on the Powerpuff Girls remake now. No AoS ever being brought into continuity means no her as Quake/Daisy Johnson. Which is unfortunate, there were some cool elements in AoS they should have run with or at least if they go to Multi-verse shit, give them a nod.

Jarvis from Agent Carter only got into the movies because the people working on that Avengers movie had worked on that show, but AoS never had that same support.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
If that server room with old tech was all that remained of Zola, that could make sense. Although it would be very easy for them explain Zola being around by revealing more advanced tech allowed them to copy Zola and the bunker was just the original Zola-as-a-computer. Either that or it was networked and the bunker didn't actually represent Zola anymore and he was able to exist beyond that.

But it would be kind of an odd reveal since Hydra (even in Agents of SHIELD, which milked that a lot more) is pretty much dead and gone now.

IIRC back in Winter Solder when we saw "CyberZola" in the bunker he mentioned being connected and whatnot. I can't imagine that if he was ingenious enough to pull off all that he couldn't have made replicated backups of his system once he discovered AWS , GCP, and Cloud Computing.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah it's absolutely impossible that someone with the benefit of 80 years of technological advancement could have made very small improvements on Erskine's formula.
Very small huh, ok, yeah I guess it all makes sense then, great writing, this show is amazing.

• 4Picard
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 5 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Bucky was experimented on and given the first HYDRA serum when he was captured in the original movie. Wasn't as good as Cap's but that's how he survived falling from the train and only lost an arm. The other Winter Soldiers were from a later serum which improved the super effects to beef up muscles to Cap level (except they weren't scrawny at the start), but it turned them into psychopaths that couldn't be controlled so HYDRA put all of them besides Bucky on ice.

They want a "happy medium" between Cap and Bucky levels without mental side effects and visible Hulking. So a serum for more Spidermans basically.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
Bucky was experimented on and given the first HYDRA serum when he was captured in the original movie. Wasn't as good as Cap's but that's how he survived failing from the train and only lost an arm. The other Winter Soldiers were from a later serum which improved the super effects to beef up muscles to Cap level (except they weren't scrawny at the start), but it turned them into psychopaths that couldn't be controlled so HYDRA put all of them besides Bucky on ice.

They want a "happy medium" between Cap and Bucky levels without mental side effects and visible Hulking. So a serum for more Spidermans basically.
Yeah, seems basically what they got with the Power Broker serum. Yeah, the Flag Smashers are terrorist but they were that before the serum and Downs Cap roid raged but he had that before the serum too.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Finally got around to watching e3 and 4. Holy shit it was beautiful when captain chin wacked that supe after getting drugged up mad, blood on the shield. Niiice. Can’t wait for the last 2 eps.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
Finally got around to watching e3 and 4. Holy shit it was beautiful when captain chin wacked that supe after getting drugged up mad, blood on the shield. Niiice. Can’t wait for the last 2 eps.
Kind of going against the Disney standard showing that much blood, especially since it is from a dude that literally just got beat to death with the shield.

• 1Like

Merrith

If you watch the scene with the Dr that made the new batches he talks about how improved and above his serum is over Erskins.
Seriously do a lot of you nit pickers even watch the show, or just let it play in the background till you hear / see something that triggers you?

Starting to remind me of some of the GoT complaints. Like the "Gendry ran 2k miles total shit writing" complaint.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Kind of going against the Disney standard showing that much blood, especially since it is from a dude that literally just got beat to death with the shield.

The Disney standard?? I guess no one has told you about the lemmings.

• 1Rimshot

Sevens

Log Wizard
The Disney standard?? I guess no one has told you about the lemmings.
Are you referring to the "documentary" that showed the lemmings jumping off a cliff or something of the sort?
I think you are missing my point, Disney has never been shy of showing death (trampled by wilderbeast) but they have always shied away from showing Blood and or gore.
The blood on the shield was more than I think I have ever seen on a Disney movie or show, of course I could be mistaken but just out of character for them is all.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Are you referring to the "documentary" that showed the lemmings jumping off a cliff or something of the sort?
I think you are missing my point, Disney has never been shy of showing death (trampled by wilderbeast) but they have always shied away from showing Blood and or gore.
The blood on the shield was more than I think I have ever seen on a Disney movie or show, of course I could be mistaken but just out of character for them is all.

They didn't jump, they were pushed or thrown. Anyways, was just making a joke. ;)

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Did this show get better or worse after first episode?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Starting to remind me of some of the GoT complaints. Like the "Gendry ran 2k miles total shit writing" complaint.
I like how you single out Gendry's absurdly long run as if it was representative of all the complaints about the shit writing of GoT.

Merrith

I like how you single out Gendry's absurdly long run as if it was representative of all the complaints about the shit writing of GoT.

Oh no, there were plenty of legit complaints about the last couple seasons. But there was also the complete idiotic obviously didn't pay attention to anything shit.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Did this show get better or worse after first episode?
I feel like it hasn't gotten better or worse. It just seems like it always has the potential to hit one episode out of the park or shit the bed at any time. So far the jury is out and getting bored.