The Fall Guy (2024)

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Out on the high seas today as well.

Found this movie pretty damn funny and enjoyable. Gosling has really been nailing it with comedy lately. The post credits scene was a good one.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
theres a theatrical release that clocks in at 2h7m and an extended release that clocks in at 2h26m dunno what exactly the extra 20 mins is but if you are gonna spend time

i haven't seen a ton of torrents of the extended yet either, just a few 1080p rips. probably by the weekend should see good 4K rips

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
theres a theatrical release that clocks in at 2h7m and an extended release that clocks in at 2h26m dunno what exactly the extra 20 mins is but if you are gonna spend time

i haven't seen a ton of torrents of the extended yet either, just a few 1080p rips. probably by the weekend should see good 4K rips

thanks for heads up, I see both , 1080 though.

EDIT: FYI there does not appear to be subtitles for the extended version. I usually get them and/or add for my in-laws.

Last edited:

Fucker

Log Wizard
This movie is yet more proof that Hollywood stopped caring about anything a long time ago.

• 1Like

Bald Brah

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Plot was garbage. They never even explain how the bad guys are working on the movie set with the black guy they had just tried to murder. Nothing made any sense in a world of cell phones and Facebook live.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I just had it on as background noise but what was the reason blunt hated him so much, he got injured on the set and got depressed and finally got back in shape and then joined her movie

Bald Brah

I just had it on as background noise but what was the reason blunt hated him so much, he got injured on the set and got depressed and finally got back in shape and then joined her movie
He ghosted her for a year or something stupid. He didn't really join her movie. She didn't know about him, the bad people were using him as their "fall guy". It didn't really make much sense in any direction.

Homsar

The few actions scenes I watched I thought were pretty entertaining

Caliane

Plot was garbage. They never even explain how the bad guys are working on the movie set with the black guy they had just tried to murder. Nothing made any sense in a world of cell phones and Facebook live.
There are some issues I had. so the movie has a ton of in jokes. some of its related to that. Jokes, in jokes, and any excuse to add a stunt was priority over coherent plot.

Why did Gail send Colt on that wild goose chase? if she wanted to frame him, by sending him to Tom's apartment, why was Iggy there, why weren't the goons there to grab him immediately? Iggy being there, and telling Colt about the drug guy was apparently unexpected. yet the drug guy still knew about the hotel room, sent colt there... but also tried to bag him.. what was the fruit platter nonsense? the hotel guy seemed to know about the ice..

The cops role in everything. major terrorist actions in public. no cops any where. Colt reports the dead body.. but is announced as the prime suspect on the news? cgi deep fakes can be identified. particularly if the accusation is made. they really wouldn't need a "confession" which really would not hold up in court. at best that just implicated Gail as well.

bad guys were just Toms private security crew presumably. I don't think it really needed to be explained. but sure one or two lines to say it would have helped.
sneaking back onto set is reasonable. but, the security crew showing up, "taking over", but then just vanishing so the guys could get back to work was weak.

Shooting a phone would not necessarily destroy its data. they already established Venti as a "tech genius". they didnt even bring it up to try. never mind questions of cloud storage, forwarding, etc. had to chromecast the video to a TV to watch in the first place.. so they aren't completely tech illiterate. this isn't a plot whole, more of a gap or contrivance. people aren't perfectly logical and do overlook simple solutions often. but, having others point it out also is an easy joke later. Maybe thats part of the extended cut. Venti gets her hands on the shot phone, or cloud data, and calls the police/sends it over to them. and that explains why they show up at the end.. Which leads into..

why do the cops show up at the end? they show up in force to arrest tom, gail, and her men. but the show is operating on the logic they think Colt is guilty.. and dead. they haven't seen the confession, from 10 seconds earlier. so for that force to show up, they must already know tom, gail, and the men are guilty.

seems odd to have a love letter to stunt guys, but then not actually introduce the stuntmen of the film.
imdb says ryan did the 150ft drop in the opening himself. but had up to 4 stuntmen throughout the rest of the film.
Henry the stuntman who dies, is actually a stuntman for Ryan.

Is Jody zack synder? "visionary director". terrible cgi sci fi film. replaces an actor in post with cgi.

I think the movie would have been better if the fake movie was better itself. as it, its a parody of a real movie though.

And yeah, she was mad at him, cause he got hurt and ghosted her for 18 months.

Last edited:

Homsar

Was talking to my friend and said I didn't notice any Lee Major cameos but I guess there is some after credit stuff with him. I was figuring there would have been a lot bigger tribute or cameos like Majors, Zoe bell ect.

• 1Like

Caliane

why zoe bell? yeah, shes not in this.

Lee majors and Heather Thomas(Original Jody banks) are the cops int he after credit sequence.

• 1Like

Homsar

why zoe bell? yeah, shes not in this.

Lee majors and Heather Thomas(Original Jody banks) are the cops int he after credit sequence.
I was mainly just naming off some of the more popular stunt people

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Well I really wanted to see this movie, wife did too. Made a date night for last night to watch it together....lasted maybe 45 mins (when ever he put on that fag yellow homie suit) then noped out and watched Beverly Hills Cop for the 100th time.
What total garbage.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Shit movie, shit plot, Emily Blunt is still pretty hot. This movie should of been directed by Michael Bay it's transformers level bad.

• 1Picard

Bald Brah

Shit movie, shit plot, Emily Blunt is still pretty hot. This movie should of been directed by Michael Bay it's transformers level bad.

Can't believe she married the weird goofy looking guy from the office. He's this generations Ritchie Cunningham.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I watched this last night. It was dumb, but I didn't really hate it. The second the one woman showed up to re-hire him, the whole movie made sense before even watching it. But it really wasn't terrible. Plus, Emily Blunt is good stuff. She actually looks more attractive now than she used to. At least my standards. As good looking as 20 year olds are, I'm not into them.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Also, I get where you were going with the older actors, but anyone who thinks ANY child should idolize any actor is a bad beat. Thankfully alot of people are past that.

It would probably be more accurate to say characters instead of actors. Back then, 99% of what we knew about actors were the characters they portrayed on screen. Chuck and Bert mostly played the same character over and over. Harrison and Lee might not have always been the same characters, but it always seemed like the same cool dude in different situations.

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
It was fun enough.
That being said, having grown up with the TV Show... they should have called this something else instead of destroying what the original was all about.

• 1Solidarity

Bald Brah

Yeah I didn't understand the premise? It's like he's just a dumb stunt guy? When does he open his detective agency and turn into Dog the bounty hunter?