The Fast Food Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
True, I forgot about them, from what I remember the majority were either unemployed and divorced (for obvious reasons) or middle-aged housewives with horrible attitudes. I don't remember seeing many landwhale men.

I remember in 97 after seeing Batman at the movie theatre we went to a Pizza Hut buffet and a very fat woman intentionally elbowed me in the face while loading her plate with pizza and pasta because she wanted all the peperoni to herself.

You've edited your memory. The obesity epidemic really took off in the 90s.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Fatties of the past had nothing on the fatties of today. Hell, we all thought Homer was hilariously obese in that one Simpsons episode where he puts on weight to work at home. Nowadays, 90% of the people you see at Walmart look like he did.

It's really incredible given the golden age of buffets in the 90s. Maybe less social media, so people were more active? God I'd kill to go back to the glory days of Old Country Buffet.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Old Country Buffet.

Last one locally closed during Covid. Not everything was great, but everyone could find something good so wasn't bad for big family dinners. Strangely their chicken noodle soup was actually pretty good, which was a bizarre find since soup wasn't usually my buffet go-to. I'd kill to go back just 5 years before state mandate closures made a bunch of local business go bankrupt and left tons of shitty taco trucks and way overpriced bougie/trendy "craft" bars/cafes.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Need to find a bag of these.

Kettle-Gochujang-Potato-Chips.jpg

• 2Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
This is perhaps the best storebought flavor of ice cream I've ever had. I really hope they don't discontinue it, ever.

Cookies-n-cream-cone-HG-12-2023-WEB.png

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
on the subject of chips though, Subway has these exclusives, and I thought they were really good. Maybe a bit too similar to barbeque flavor if I had to criticize one thing.

images

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I absolutely love the Baconator. Unless they make it so it is slathered with grease and looks like Honey Boo Boo's mom say on it (35% of the time, approximately), it is great. I used to love Wendy's chicken strips but then they were little bitches and got rid of them. Fuck you I don't want your chicken nuggets, I want your goddamn motherfucking chicken strips. The ones from burger king aren't half bad either.

Do you still drink papa John's sauce?

BunkyChutt

Poet Warrior
You've edited your memory. The obesity epidemic really took off in the 90s.

obese black woman once crossing street at red light I shouted at her, “get your fat ass out the way, Aunt Jemima!!!!!!” And everyone started cracking up hysterically it was funny as shit.

• 1Cringe
  • 1EyeRoll

BunkyChutt

Poet Warrior
In this context it's not faggot. It's faggot liar.
Why would I lie about driving around yelling profanities out my window at random victims, throwing stuff out the window at joggers, or peeling out on people’s lawns knocking over trash cans in the 90’s? Either you don’t get out much or you got fucked with a lot yourself possibly for being a fatass. Which is it?
Idc . This is a fast food thread a topic I like. And I was just sharing is all.