The Fast Food Thread

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I don't think a more wrong statement has ever been posted in this thread. That's really saying something considering the ridiculous shit Noodle has said.
Yeah, Cici's is a greasy garbagy mess.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I didn't even mention Cici's or Double Dave's. Used to love the $5 Double Dave buffets, but the indigestion was fucking unreal. Cici's is a lot different than it was when I was a kid. Used to be cardboard crust, now it's soft and a lot more edible. Still, when I was a teenager we used to spend an entire day eating the buffet on $5. But you're right, I'm not poor enough to eat there anymore.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Last time I had Cici's was when I was in high school back in Ohio when I ate high octane crap on the reg. Even those plebe taste buds knew Cici's was trash. Your rebuttal means nothing.

Cici's has improved considerably in the last 10-15 years.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I tried the Nashville Hot Fish sandwich at Arby's last night. It was good, and surprisingly spicy, but it had a strange effect where it burned like behind my nose, way back in the sinuses. Not sure what caused that but it was unpleasant.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I tried the Nashville Hot Fish sandwich at Arby's last night. It was good, and surprisingly spicy, but it had a strange effect where it burned like behind my nose, way back in the sinuses. Not sure what caused that but it was unpleasant.

The Wasabi/Horseradish/Chinese Mustard burn.

Xevy

Log Wizard
$5 Cravings deal from Taco Bell TOO strong. Hard Taco, beef burrito (unsure which one, has cheese/beef/beans/rice/onions?), cheesy gordita crunch, cinnamon twirls, AND a drink all for $5.45 with tax. That's a lot of food and all of it worth. I just wish the drink was Xlarge by default so I can get my bi-weekly Baja Blast intake.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Saw it was there. Worth watching?

The host tries a little too hard to be an edgelord using buzzwords or sometimes using contrarian language for no real reason other than to force "drama" and dialog. He's no Anthony Bourdain. I did appreciate the focus on specific types of food across the globe, vs No Reservations which hits up all of the food types in an area. e.g. Tacos in Mexico, California, Vietnam. They should have led with the episode where it shows him actually cooking, instead of making that the third episode. He just seemed like an asshole who thinks he knows food the first two episodes.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oddly enough I started it last night and it was fascinating, I only got a bit into one episode but I really liked that he didn't drag politics into it. I've already been alienated by Bourdain and a few others, I just want to talk about food and different viewpoints of food.

Looking forward to watching more.

Theres some random commercials for made up products which seemed very retarded and out of place. Other than those weird interruptions its actually really good and shows awesome food around the world.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Theres some random commercials for made up products which seemed very retarded and out of place. Other than those weird interruptions its actually really good and shows awesome food around the world.

I did see one of those and hoped ti was a fluke, that kind of sucks but I loved the different opions on pizza and that guy that they had try different stuff that was so against it ended up loving it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Just ask for xlarge drink with craving deal. It's like 20 cents extra

It's even worse than that. I went during Happy Hour so I think if I asked it was no extra charge. I fucked up.

/Sudoku's

• 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I didn't even mention Cici's or Double Dave's. Used to love the $5 Double Dave buffets, but the indigestion was fucking unreal. Cici's is a lot different than it was when I was a kid. Used to be cardboard crust, now it's soft and a lot more edible. Still, when I was a teenager we used to spend an entire day eating the buffet on $5. But you're right, I'm not poor enough to eat there anymore.

We had a Shakey's buffet in my town that used to be amazing. The pizza was genuinely good but they had this ridiculous bbq chicken that I used to love there. All the ones in my area closed in the early 90's. I dunno if they are even still around anywhere.