The Fast Food Thread

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Guh. For some reason the idea of pretzel buns has always been way better to me than the reality. I need my buns to be lighter and fluffier.
Do you not toast your buns until they're a bit crusty? Heathen!

Once they're toasted the texture really isn't that different, maybe SLIGHTLY chewier if both are completely fresh - but if the potato bun has a day or two of staleness on it, toast both and I bet they'd test on whatever "firmness scale" that they're basically identical.

It probably also varies to some people based on how they like to dress their dogs - I like to do mostly plain, just a shmear of mustard that I smooth out with a knife on both sides of the toasted pretzel bun. And then sometimes if I'm in the mood a little bit of cheese melted on top. [With a Nathan's for the dog, of course]

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
had wendy's ghost pepper fries, not impressed like the stupid youtube videos, it's also more of a "cheesy" spice (which is fine). You can just substitute regular fries in a combo with them. (at least i did).

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I just eat like 2-4 hotdogs without the buns. But that's for a snack, I'll do buns and fixin's if it's supposed to be my meal.

All beef hotdogs are great, but the grease cuts through my GI system like fucking Valyrian steel.
I used to eat a hotdog or two right out of the package without cooking it myself. God I was an adventurous child.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I used to eat a hotdog or two right out of the package without cooking it myself. God I was an adventurous child.
Yeah, we used to eat them cold out of the pack as kids too. Not sure if lazy or just stupid.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Meh, hotdogs are fully cooked when you buy them, there's nothing raw in them at all. It's not like getting raw bratwurst or something. My brother-in-laws kids LOVE cold hotdogs, they eat them as an after school snack straight from the fridge. Grosses me out a bit, mainly just from imagining the texture of cold processed hog anus, but not that there's anything dangerous about it at all.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah whats wrong with eating them out of the package? There is a reason you only need to nuke them for 10 seconds and they're completely good to go. They aren't putting raw shit out there.

I used to eat them all the time as well. In the grand scheme of things it is a relatively quick and energy filled snack. Much better than slamming some potato chips or something as a kid.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I didn't mean to imply it was dangerous. I know it's fully cooked lips and assholes. It's kind of gross right out of the pack, though.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
No worse than eating Vienna Sausages out of the can, with that weird, gelatinous slime that they are packed in.

vienna-sausages_Yoe_flickr.jpg

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I used to try and dump the gelatinous junk out, and pour in BBQ sauce. Still disgusting, but I liked it.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Spicy Jalapeno Chicken Sandwich from Wendys is quite good. Just had it for the first time. It's basically just a spicy chicken with a spicy cheese sauce + onions on it, but all of those things are awesome, so there's nothing wrong with that.

Ghost pepper fries were solid too, not really that spicy, but you also can't hardly go wrong with fries with cheese sauce on them

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
What the fuck kind of savages mix chicken and onions? Green onions are the only thing that belongs with chicken. Red and white are purely for beef.

Yeah whats wrong with eating them out of the package? There is a reason you only need to nuke them for 10 seconds and they're completely good to go. They aren't putting raw shit out there.

I used to eat them all the time as well. In the grand scheme of things it is a relatively quick and energy filled snack. Much better than slamming some potato chips or something as a kid.
Sometimes being a microbiologist sucks....

Hot Dogs as well as other cold lunch meats can contain Listeria. While this isn't so much dangerous for bros like you and me, it can cause complications to certain people (especially pregnant women). One time when I was working in the lab, I got yelled at by the boss's boss's boss for bring back a Subway sandwich that a pregnant girl had asked for.

Quoth the CDC:
"Recommendations for persons at higher risk, such as pregnant women, persons with weakened immune systems, and older adults in addition to the recommendations listed above, include:
Meats
Do not eat hot dogs, luncheon meats, cold cuts, other deli meats (e.g., bologna), or fermented or dry sausages unless they are heated to an internal temperature of 165?F or until steaming hot just before serving."

CDC - Prevention - Listeriosis

I have also been told that just microwaving a hot dog is not good enough because the microwave cooks from the inside out. Even though the internal temperature of the dog may be adequate to kill the pathogen some may remain on the surface which has not reached the lethal temperature.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Well Hekotat, did you visit any places while here?
No, I got completely fucked both times I tried to go.

When the plane landed the jackass pilots pulled to close to the building and they couldn't align the plane bridge, so we had to wait for 30 mins for them to come move us. Then is started pouring and the throwers got pulled inside til it passed. Took me 2 hours after we landed to get my luggage, car and exit the airport.

Then I had to stay an extra day, so I tried to leave an hour early today to get one on the way back to the airport. I fixed the customers machine and he still said it was unacceptable so I ended up having to stay until the last minute and damn near missed my flight. I wasn't in the best mood not getting to at least have one burger.

Maybe next time sky wizard will see fit to allow me the glorious Jucy Lucy.

To keep things on topic of the thread, I did have burger king's chicken fries. They were sub par as shit but I still love their zesty sauce, it's the saving grace for their overcooked food.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Haha, Vienna Sausages always remind me of a co-worker whom got his asswhipped back in the day.

Guy passed out in a chair at a party, so this guy decided to take a slimy Vienna Sausage, unzip his pants, stand in front of the guy and rub it across his face then toss it really quick. Well the guy comes to seeing this guy zipping his pants up and feels the slime on his lips and comes to the conclusion that this guy just blew a load on his mouth. Before you know it, super drunk guy unleashes the ass whipping of a lifetime. I feel like an asshole still, but I was laughing too hard to stop the ass beating my co-worker was receiving.

Good times, lol.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
had wendy's ghost pepper fries, not impressed like the stupid youtube videos, it's also more of a "cheesy" spice (which is fine). You can just substitute regular fries in a combo with them. (at least i did).
These fries destroyed my intestines. Were not spicy at all, but for some reason, I shit like 5 times after eating them. No idea what the fuck...