The Fast Food Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Speaking of McDonald's, I used fake coupons for free value meals (posted them on the FoH site at some point) maybe twenty times over the course of a month and ended up developing gout in my ankle. I don't know what I was thinking.
Jesus dude, haven't you watched Supersize Me?

kudos

<Banned>
Dafuq

2 burritos?

I generally get 2, sometimes 3, meals out of a burrito bowl.

randy_lahey_in_jail.jpg
Seriously? I'm a pretty small guy but I work out and can easily put away 1 1/2 burrito bowls from chipotle. Could probably do 2 burritos if I really wanted to.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you're not from NJ/NY, don't speak about pizza. You have no idea what you're talking about.

kudos

<Banned>
Italy is in the US? Woah. I need to speak to my history professors about this, they'll be BLOWN away.
Oh, I'm sorry. Is this only about US food? Is fast food and/or pizza not relevant in other parts of the world? Your dumb ass limited pizza to two states. If you cannot see how retarded you are for that when discussing *pizza* then you're a hopeless moron.

If you want to talk strictly about the US then you'd be smart to realize there are regional tastes. But that would infer that you actually use logic in your posting which would be hilariously wrong.

P.S. CT has better pizza than both if you want to talk about pizza in the NE.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh, I'm sorry. Is this only about US food? Is fast food and/or pizza not relevant in other parts of the world? Your dumb ass limited pizza to two states. If you cannot see how retarded you are for that when discussing *pizza* then you're a hopeless moron.

If you want to talk strictly about the US then you'd be smart to realize there are regional tastes. But that would infer that you actually use logic in your posting which would be hilariously wrong.

P.S. CT has better pizza than both if you want to talk about pizza in the NE.
You are one angry little nerd. And no, NY/ NJ > all in pizza. Move along, next topic.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
NJ isn't greater than anywhere in anything except shitty smells and guidos. Armpit of America.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
You really think the country's best pizza recipes are limited to one tiny region?
No, he thinks the world's best pizza recipes are limited to one tiny region. Itlan's a fucking idiot and everyone knows this. I don't think he's ever left whatever piece of shit NJ town he's grown up in. He's just ignorant and scared to try anything else.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
No, he thinks the world's best pizza recipes are limited to one tiny region. Itlan's a fucking idiot and everyone knows this. I don't think he's ever left whatever piece of shit NJ town he's grown up in. He's just ignorant and scared to try anything else.
I've been to over 20 different states. Want to continue with your ignorant tirade? Dumbass.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Someone said it earlier in this thread, everyone thinks the pizza from where they grew up is the best. I grew up on Long Island and I honestly have never had better pizza than NY pizza. I live in CT now and have for the past 7 years and Sallys and Pepes are not even close yet Pepe's is #1 on that list someone linked earlier and I have no idea how. Here's something that's irrefutable however. Delicatessens, and I mean real delicatessens do not exist outside of the NY/NJ metro area. Everyone talks about bagels and pizza when they talk about NY but the thing I miss most since moving to CT are the delis.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I lived in Poughkeepsie for college and traveled to the city often and I can honestly say the best deli I've ever been to is in Santa Cruz, CA. There may be more "authentic" delis in New York but this idea that certain ideas are confined to their places of origin is just ridiculous.

kudos

<Banned>
Someone said it earlier in this thread, everyone thinks the pizza from where they grew up is the best. I grew up on Long Island and I honestly have never had better pizza than NY pizza. I live in CT now and have for the past 7 years and Sallys and Pepes are not even close yet Pepe's is #1 on that list someone linked earlier and I have no idea how. Here's something that's irrefutable however. Delicatessens, and I mean real delicatessens do not exist outside of the NY/NJ metro area. Everyone talks about bagels and pizza when they talk about NY but the thing I miss most since moving to CT are the delis.
I've been to better delicatessen's in suburban Detroit. All those Jews and Italians in one place it's like a mini-NY without the stupid prices.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah that whole delicatessen view is odd, I've been to many of them all over as well as ones in NY. NY is just like any other area, they have good ones and bad ones. The difference in NY though is that both the good ones and the bad ones are ridiculously overpriced.

kudos

<Banned>
Yeah that whole delicatessen view is odd, I've been to many of them all over as well as ones in NY. NY is just like any other area, they have good ones and bad ones. The difference in NY though is that both the good ones and the bad ones are ridiculously overpriced.
The one thing I'd really like to try as far as deli's go is Primanti Bros in Pittsburgh. I always see them on Food Network and people I work with that are in Pittsburgh always go on about it. There are a few here in FL but they are way down near Miami
frown.png

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
That sounds awful. They probably don't even have prosciuttini right? I've found it tough to find outside of Jersey/NY, though I did find it in Florida which made me happy. Capicola can be tough to find too, idk why.