The Fast Food Thread

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I have to ask... what the fuck is hamburger helper?

Lol seriously?

jeremy-piven-gtfo.gif

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have to ask... what the fuck is hamburger helper?
Just judging on your avatar I thought you were from the states, but apparently not because surely everyone who grew up in the U S of A knows what hamburger helper is right?

Its a box meal, usually a package of noodles and a "sauce" packet (its powder) that you cook and add a pound of ground beef to it.

Thats some next level privilege if you don't know what Hamburger Helper is as even if you haven't eaten it you must've been too busy practicing the cello because it was also heavily advertised on tv throughout the 90's.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just judging on your avatar I thought you were from the states, but apparently not because surely everyone who grew up in the U S of A knows what hamburger helper is right?

Its a box meal, usually a package of noodles and a "sauce" packet (its powder) that you cook and add a pound of ground beef to it.

Thats some next level privilege if you don't know what Hamburger Helper is as even if you haven't eaten it you must've been too busy practicing the cello because it was also heavily advertised on tv throughout the 90's.
I know the name, but I genuinely don't know what's in it. So it's burger seasoning?

I'm sure it's the Ortega equivalent of hamburger spice, then. Hard pass.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I know the name, but I genuinely don't know what's in it. So it's burger seasoning?

Didn't you say Tabasco was too hot?

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I never ate Hamburger Helper but my Mom made (and still does make) a lot of hamburger casseroles and I think that they are underappreciated these days.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
McCheese McCheese I got the buff cheddar chips. Fairly good. Good amount of heat. Some Buffalo tang and cheddar undertones but the real star here is the potato. Very crunchy too. Not a tv watching snack for sure.

7.5/10

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard

AND THIS MOTHERFUCKER CAME TO DISRESPECT ME? IN THE HOUSE OF MY LORD? NAH. NAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Too much taco Bell dominating for pages.

Went and reminded myself how good Carl's beer cheese burger and beer cheese fries are.

Was also happy to see they still have the cheap cali CP classics which are perfect for when i have no coup coupon or the limited time sandwich sucks.

I liked the diablo burger but carls jr did something with it's hamburger meat a few years ago that just turned me off. Taste exactly the same as I remember am/pm hamburger meat tasting from when I was a kid.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Might be a regional thing as I havnt noticed anything. One thing with fast food I learned from working it. Is even national chains products vary. IE a Good times in one city used one onion ring, (say the one with chunkier bread crumbs) but one 30 miles away in the state had the smooth breading. Etc etc.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Might be a regional thing as I havnt noticed anything. One thing with fast food I learned from working it. Is even national chains products vary. IE a Good times in one city used one onion ring, (say the one with chunkier bread crumbs) but one 30 miles away in the state had the smooth breading. Etc etc.

Well bad move to downgrade patty quality when competing with In and Out, but what the fuck do I know, people here hate on the mcd's quarter pounder patties but I love em.

Feien

Ploppers
McCheese McCheese I got the buff cheddar chips. Fairly good. Good amount of heat. Some Buffalo tang and cheddar undertones but the real star here is the potato. Very crunchy too. Not a tv watching snack for sure.

7.5/10

I also got the buff cheddar chips since I'm a fan of a good crunch. The flavor is ok, not my favorite, I feel like it's either missing something or there's too much of something, can't quite put my finger on it (I write this as I eat some).
However, the potato truly shines. Great crunch and texture. Might try to use them as vessels for other stuff as you would use crackers, and for the pieces that are too small as a breading for something that calls to be crunchy.