The Fast Food Thread

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
IMG_20200118_114248.jpg

There's nothing offensive about these but nothing good either. Not much flavor, mostly just a conveyance for dipping sauce. 4/10

IMG_20200127_124048.jpg

I don't want to say that these are good, but they beat the hell out of the tgi Fridays ones. The breading isn't quite as good as the others, but the cheese actually resembled cheese which means they beat Fridays hands down. Pretty shameful to get schooled this badly by Walmart. 5/10

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
IMG_20200129_115922.jpg

These are actually pretty decent egg rolls. Better than I've had at some restaurants. Would be better with some sweet and sour to dip them in. 6/10

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
View attachment 246406
There's nothing offensive about these but nothing good either. Not much flavor, mostly just a conveyance for dipping sauce. 4/10

View attachment 246411

I don't want to say that these are good, but they beat the hell out of the tgi Fridays ones. The breading isn't quite as good as the others, but the cheese actually resembled cheese which means they beat Fridays hands down. Pretty shameful to get schooled this badly by Walmart. 5/10
Costco has cheese sticks in a huge box. They are absolutely excellent. My kids love stretching the cheese as far as they can.

• 2Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Foodstuffs

Next time, if they have them, get the "Extra Crunchy" version of the southwest chicken El Monterey taquitos. They are much better. Trick is to get them out of the oven before the filling starts oozing out of them.

The frozen Friday's potato skins are actually pretty decent too.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Next time, if they have them, get the "Extra Crunchy" version of the southwest chicken El Monterey taquitos. They are much better. Trick is to get them out of the oven before the filling starts oozing out of them.

The frozen Friday's potato skins are actually pretty decent too.
Problem is you have about a ten second window between perfectly done taquitos and a baking sheet covered in oozing innards. Getting them out at that perfect moment is true skill.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just got some boneless wings from Zaxbys for the first time. (Store opened up last week)
Not really impressed. got 10 Teriyaki and 10 Carribean Jerk. While they tasted decent (a touch oversweet) they didn't compare to BW3 and they cost easily as much. Traded my buddy a couple, for a chicken finger with no sauce and that was actually pretty damn good.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I don't want teriyaki on anything. I can only tolerate a very small amount of sugar on my meat.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
View attachment 246406
they have a beef burrito thats pretty good, i get the non bean one, their bean spread tastes like rehydrated chalk
62894f4cd8297b35edf3ab90b0bd27af.png

i actually don't taste any spicy, probably there just to cover up the processed meats

• 2Like

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
BBQ sauce can be okay in small doses. I'll put it on ribs. Don't put it on my hamburger though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
More of a buffalo guy with chicken strips/nuggets but I might mix in some BBQ or sweet and sour. Every time someone tells me about some amazing new specialty burger at at fast food joint though, I always find that it's drenched in sugar and I don't like it. The worst ever was the brown sugar bacon at Arby's which some people here loved. I didn't think it was possible to do something to bacon to make me not like it but I fed that thing to my dog.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I agree about BBQ sauce on a burger. It masks the burger's natural flavor way too much.