The Fast Food Thread

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Have you tried it? It's awesome!

Also, stop calling spaghetti noodles. It's pasta, you fucking heathen. Noodles have egg in them.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Goalposts have been moved Erronius.

But pizza is pizza and the guys name is McCheese so whatever.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
On the topic of nuggets. I've always known they were terrible, but seeing them being made like that made me a little sick.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
rrr_img_47063.jpg

Grimson_sl

shitlord
We've always put our chili over elbow pasta w/ sour cream, chedder, onions, etc. its called chili mac here in Illinois. Daughters friend thought we were crazy, she wanted cornbread with hers.
Tried it with cornbread last night, damn tasty.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Going back to the Pizza debate... Now I am by no means defending Pizza Hut and certainly agree their quality has gone down over the many years. The one thing I think most people overlook about their normal pan pizza was the fact that Pizza Hut was built upon a sit and dine experience. Their crust was nice when it was fresh out of the oven on those metal tins to your table. It had that crunchy / chewy texture that was enjoyable. All of that is entirely lost in delivery. It ends up steaming itself to death in the box by the time its delivered and becomes a soft bready mess. Cant stand that!

So I get where Pizza Hut came from, but today, who sits and dines-in besides little league teams, etc?

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
That burrito for California shouldn't have been our "state food" or whatever they are calling it. Fucking tri-tip is the most "California specific" thing we have, and also the best. We've had this discussion before, where most people have never even heard of tri-tip, and those that have are barely aware of it if they don't live here. You can get it all over the fucking place in California, so to me that's a more appropriate choice. And it is awesome, not just a "bigger" burrito.
CA food should just be a burrito in general since you have your Socal delicious burritos then your Norcal Mission style burrito joints, either way they are delicious. It's a shame no mexicans make it up here into Oregon cause my burrito intake has plummeted since moving here(There is only one decent burrito shop in the whole town).

On the pizza debate, I love me some NY style pizza but I have had some real Chicago deep dish style shit and I must say, it was fucking amazing. It was over a pound a slice and made for an epic dump the second I got home.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
On the pizza debate, I love me some NY style pizza but I have had some real Chicago deep dish style shit and I must say, it was fucking amazing. It was over a pound a slice and made for an epic dump the second I got home.
Agree here 100%. Chicago-style trumps all.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I remember seeing something a long time ago, maybe decade+, where they said the secret to pizza is the crust (sounds like Alton Brown). Basically if you make a crust that tastes delicious, the rest is pretty hard to fuck up. I think that's the difference between chains and everyone else. The smaller places that take the time to actually make their dough will generally taste way better.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I remember seeing something a long time ago, maybe decade+, where they said the secret to pizza is the crust (sounds like Alton Brown). Basically if you make a crust that tastes delicious, the rest is pretty hard to fuck up. I think that's the difference between chains and everyone else. The smaller places that take the time to actually make their dough will generally taste way better.
I can agree with this. That said, I really don't think there is much of a difference between the crusts at different pizza places, even comparing mom and pop and chains. This is especially true when you get into the thinner, New York style pizzas because the crust is so thin you can barely taste it, anyway.

On the topic of crusts, I've never understood why stuffed crust isn't more common; it's incredibly easy to make and so, so delicious. When I was overseas I used to make homemade stuffed crust pizzas and it blew the minds of the foreigners who tried it.

joz123

Potato del Grande
So far the best frozen pizza I've had lately is CPK's. Digiorno must have changed their sauce or something cause its bland as fuck. Freschetta to me has zero flavor and store brand pizzas have shitty ass crust just like Tombstone. The garlic chicken and bbq chicken CPK ones are great.