no-you-make-me-sandwich-how-about-a-salad-12763748.png

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That was a dumb thread Tuco started.

Stop enabling Tuco and his dumb threads.
It started demonizing the stay at home mother while also pushing a "you can have it all" narrative where the modern woman is raising children while also having a full-time career. Doing both and doing both well is a Herculean effort. Portraying it as the standard shoved women into trying to meet an impossible standard.

I've got a cousin that was hospitalized last year over a nervous breakdown due to workplace stress. She's got her full-time professional career that she works damn hard at while also having three kids and a husband that works full-time. Year after year just started to grind her down and now she wants out of the job so she can focus on her family. It's sorta fucked up because her husband probably should be the one that stays home because he doesn't make as much but there's societal pressure against that. She wants to stay at home but there's societal pressure against that as well and like I said the modern multi-tasking woman can Have It All (tm) c'mon gurl.

Everything's just always so fucking complicated.
My good friend Arbitrary. I love you.

Please describe how your post on feminism belongs in the political thread.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
My good friend Arbitrary. I love you.

Please describe how your post on feminism belongs in the political thread.

I was just taking part in the current conversation this fine April morning. Sometimes the conversation meanders into areas I have nothing to say and I just read and sometimes it meanders over where I have something to say so I make a post. During any particular day a general thread like this can cover a wide variety of topics that are all political in nature. Making lots of little sub-threads for niche topics hinders organic conversation.

• 4Like

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
this thread is beating a dead horse. Yes, we know feminism is worse than evangelicals right now. Not like it is a fake knowledge.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Mist is just larping her Gazorpazorp utopia.

• 2Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
yeah i know, Mist's posts are horrifying.

Was more referring to the idea of people wanting to go back to a world where my only worth in life is to rip my vag open spitting out kids, then spend years doing nothing but cleaning up shit, piss and vomit and having people expect me to feel fulfilled from such an important duty. That shit can fuck right the hell off.

• 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 user

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Intersectional Feminism is THE cornerstone of our loudest political party and snakes its way into almost every aspect of current domestic politics. It is impossible to discuss things like free speech, Islam, crime statistics, and/or economic policy without at least a cursory nod to it.

Try discussing the causes of our civil war without slavery. This is at least as bad. Feminism belongs in politics right now; almost anything else would be better to pull out (eg immigration thread or a russia thread).

• 2Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
post some pics of your vag and I'll let you know exactly what it's worth is.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I was just taking part in the current conversation this fine April morning. Sometimes the conversation meanders into areas I have nothing to say and I just read and sometimes it meanders over where I have something to say so I make a post. During any particular day a general thread like this can cover a wide variety of topics that are all political in nature. Making lots of little sub-threads for niche topics hinders organic conversation.

Tuco, this is the post and exact moment in time where you got BTFO.

• 4Like

Oldbased

> Than U
post some pics of your vag and I'll let you know exactly what it's worth is.
If you bought it for what it was worth and sold it for what she thought it was worth then Trump would approve of this deal.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tuco, this is the post and exact moment in time where you got BTFO.
Matt-Hughes.gif

You're not going to have much luck arguing that non-political discussion of feminism belongs in the politics thread more than it does in the feminism thread.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Was more referring to the idea of people wanting to go back to a world where my only worth in life is to rip my vag open spitting out kids, then spend years doing nothing but cleaning up shit, piss and vomit and having people expect me to feel fulfilled from such an important duty. That shit can fuck right the hell off.
Whats your worth now? Being a wage slave in some "career" then when its too late, realize you are now a old bat, single, with 10 cats? for waht? To buy a bigger McMansion? fillout your shoe closet better? Bigger and badder BMW?

Or married without kids? Whats the point? Or married with kids having strangers raise them, until a day comes you realize they are now adults and you dont even know them?

You got sold on a bunch of bullshit. Wife, mother is the cornerstone of any family.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.