The Fifth Element (1997)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i saw the prequel. it was pretty cool.
51F8XXKPNCL.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

The opera scene was astounding visually in the cinema, it never quite translates to the smaller screen.

Writing around Leeloo gets a bit hamfisted sometimes (the scene where she watches all the "bad history" never ceases to make my eyes roll) but these are minor blemishes on an otherwise excellent film.

It was out of place, but I think that had more to do with the fact they weren't sure how to create some additional tension at the end in their race against time and give the other characters something to do to save the world. Otherwise, Leeloo would have solved the stone thing right away and been like "life power!" otherwise.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
heh, good luck, i never met anyone who hates this movie. i seen lots of people hate on Chris Tucker, but on this movie? never. too many things to like about it.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When this movie came out I thought it was entertaining but a bit hokey.

Seen this a few times over the years now and have come to appreciate it more each time. Very rewatchable and definitely has the feel of a classic.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fun fact, the guy who wrote the opera music made is so that only 60% could be sung by a human, and would need editing afterward. When the opera singer tried, she could cover over 85% of it.

Great movie !

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Fun fact, the guy who wrote the opera music made is so that only 60% could be sung by a human, and would need editing afterward. When the opera singer tried, she could cover over 85% of it.

Great movie !
That wasn't very fun.

• 1Like

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Impossible you say? Gotta get our best Asians on the job!

(admittedly he changed some notes)

• 1WTF

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Every character except Zorg and the priest aren't spectacular until they get involved with Corben Dallas. Its Corben the Badass that has to deal with this cast of retards and save the day that brings it all together.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
The opera scene was astounding visually in the cinema, it never quite translates to the smaller screen.

Writing around Leeloo gets a bit hamfisted sometimes (the scene where she watches all the "bad history" never ceases to make my eyes roll) but these are minor blemishes on an otherwise excellent film.

There are a few eye-rolling moments. But you said it. It's a straight up excellent film.

That era Milla Jovavich is second only to Linda Evangelista for me, re: the late great age of Supermodels. It's ez to be pretty. It's actually pretty hard to be able to use it effectively to either act or model. Lots of pretty actresses have this problem. jessica Biel, Jen Lawrence, liv Tyler, there are others. Like contrast that with jennifer connaly. She is quite pretty. But she can use her face to act. Beil and Lawrence, tbh, I do not think they would even make good models. Tyler makes a good model if you like elfs.

Milla came out with a CD! It is not bad! She was just 18.

Love the lumbering robot dudes. Over the top movie in so many ways. Willis is a genius in these roles.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Impossible you say? Gotta get our best Asians on the job!

(admittedly he changed some notes)
pretty impressive. he must have had his nuts in a vice to sing that high. he couldnt do the low notes though and thats why that song is fucking hard. you can do one or the other, but to be able to do both is special.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
5th Element still great flick. Top 5 seems a little too high, but it's definitely way up there on the list of movies that if they come on you don't turn it off.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users