The Fighting Game Community Thread

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hopefully Riot has both their fighting game and MMO in the pipe. A lot of flights got delayed it seems and a lot of people thinking they might be screwed getting to pools on time or without having to be up 24hrs straight, just saw Mena / Caba / DR Ray / Dieminion aren't gonna be able to make due to weather.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
BBTAG is F2P on Steam this weekend along with a couple other fighting games.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I missed it but apparently Valle put Du in losers with Blanka. Biggest "upset" thusfar from what i've run across.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
I missed it but apparently Valle put Du in losers with Blanka. Biggest "upset" thusfar from what i've run across.

Was decently close but I have no idea why Du ran his Cammy into it especially after losing the first round with her, hope he gets his shit together. Though Valle did play really well and I really hope he makes it out in winners since I doubt anyone knows how to play against him. I need that "Hugo takes out Bonchan" moment again.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I'm a Valle fan, and a slept on character that he actually enjoys could take him places for sure. Serious tourney mode Valle can do some damage.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well Punk just lost to Prototype who plays Alex, his parry seemed to counter Cammy quite well but it also might be the "Everyone has a Cammy" now curse.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Valle vs Du. Du really slept on his Blanka homework it looked like, just totally clueless about ball ranges.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Damn Yung Art took out Bonchan 2-1 and also beat Fujimura, there's like 3 or 4 Dhalsims in top 32 now I think. Punk is also out now.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Lul Samsho2 stream starting soon on evo7. Love that game, but uhh tourney style oughtta be something else.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
MvC2 exhibition was very hype last night, good to see Yipes take it on the final round. Also here's hoping Smash is done at EVO soon, the Smash 4 top 8 was a complete fucking shit show displaying the manchildren of the Smash community as they really are. Even the trophy ceremony had these fucking idiots chanting MELEE.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
I will give Harada props for having fun with his franchise and having the best guest character roster, always someone completely new.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Amazed how much more enjoyable DBFZ is when I don't have to listen to screeching grandma's and get the superior english voice actors.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Screeching grandmas?

Yipes will always be a top tier commentator. I would listen to him commentate any game. Sajam is great as well, really good with the play by play and throwing in information for new viewers. I assume its going to be James Chen and Seth Killian for SFV? Seems like its them almost every year.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Screeching grandmas?

Yipes will always be a top tier commentator. I would listen to him commentate any game. Sajam is great as well, really good with the play by play and throwing in information for new viewers. I assume its going to be James Chen and Seth Killian for SFV? Seems like its them almost every year.

Uh you completely misinterpreted what I was talking about, "Screeching grandma's" = Japanese voice pack in game. The original Goku and such are voiced by elderly women and it's enjoyable actually hearing the more distinct english voice actors.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users