The Fighting Game Community Thread

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider

DBFZ is so close to be the perfect VS game. It already has the mechanics for god tier plays. I feel like all they need is some tweak the combo system to allow high level combos and nerf cell.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I had more entertainment watching SF5 top 8 somehow, DBFZ is pretty boring for me to watch honestly. Maybe it's just because most players use the same teams, combos and setups with the exception of a few :\

Fuck i need to actually book my shit for Evo, it's already just a month away lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I had more entertainment watching SF5 top 8 somehow, DBFZ is pretty boring for me to watch honestly. Maybe it's just because most players use the same teams, combos and setups with the exception of a few :\

Fuck i need to actually book my shit for Evo, it's already just a month away lol

Same I love playing DBFZ and it rekindled my fightstick love, but watching it has become pretty boring though SFV isn't much better lately. It's either the Cammy or Ibuki show.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah both are pretty dull lol CEO was pretty sick though just because how jebailey runs his tournaments

would suck ass to actually play in it though considering how far behind they were

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sounds like CEO might be hit or miss in the future due to the Daytona location, a lot of people were having issues as soon as they left the venue. Rampant meth heads and generally all the terrible things Florida is known for.

Needless

Toe Sucker
That's Daytona for you lol, sonicfox probably got booty blasted by a bunch of confederate flag truck driving hillbillies

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Florida is in a bad shape? Meth epidemic and all kind of stuff?

I mean I wouldn't say epidemic, but It's warm 24/7/365 so it's a good spot for the homeless and destitute. If you live anywhere in the interior of the state and chunks of the panhandle it's basically Mississippi and almost all the major coastal cities suffer from the same socioeconomic problems as any popular place to live. The wealthy own the waterfront and surrounding and everyone else gets pushed further and further into ghettos until they get gentrified.

Though shout out to St. Pete for cleaning up their downtown and making it a really lovely place compared to when I grew up.

FL resident on and off for 20ish years.

• 1Solidarity

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Don't forget the amount of insanity that comes from Florida arrests. I'm pretty sure every possible combination of batshit crazy thing you could do has been done and recorded in arrest records in Florida.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Ye olde Florida Man!

Though most states don't give carte blanche access to practically all criminal/federal records - Our (The US) news cycle would look even more insane if this was done across all 50 states.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Evo this weekend...

Shit like this is why I love the FGC and makes it the best "esport" despite SFV sucking ass. lol

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
No Ultradavid this year which is bogus but really looking forward to the MvC2 matches especially the Xectuioner vs Neo one, last Xectioner match like that was hype as shit versus Fanatiq. Curious to see who gets bopped in pools by random no names and I wouldn't be surprised to see Fujimura take SFV this year.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
No Ultradavid this year which is bogus but really looking forward to the MvC2 matches especially the Xectuioner vs Neo one, last Xectioner match like that was hype as shit versus Fanatiq. Curious to see who gets bopped in pools by random no names and I wouldn't be surprised to see Fujimura take SFV this year.

I didn't know he wasn't going to be there. Could he just not make it?

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
I didn't know he wasn't going to be there. Could he just not make it?

I think he had RL commitments on the same weekend so was unable to attend, pretty sure he talked about on the last episode of his show with Chen.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
Ultra David and Chen haven’t been good for a few years now lol

Sajam is better than UD in probably every way and James Chen is actually just god awful

Evo gonna be hype af tho, sad I had to cancel last minute

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
UD has a wedding to go to. James Chen has gotten progressively worse over the years so I'm sure he'll be teamed up with Skisonic for the extra lulz. Good thing I don't plan on watching much SFV this weekend.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Florida is in a bad shape? Meth epidemic and all kind of stuff?

Not to derail the thread but I'd say the Opiod epidemic hit Florida harder then any other state. Before they started cracking down we had pill mills cranking out scripts you wouldn't give a dieing cancer patient for euthanasia. Plus it's always hot as fuck here which does something to the brain. It's probably why all the batshit countries in the world stratle the equator.

Now back on point, how are Blazblu and GG games now a days? IMO those have always been the perfect fighting games. Tons of technicality to them with equal amounts of finesse and strategy. I also really dug the P4A games. Really dissapointed in how MVC:I turned out.

Needless

Toe Sucker
the new blazblue game is pretty popular in my local scene, and for evo its around 1200 entrants versus the 600 for guilty gear. Apparently the new blazblue is what marvel should have been lol

If i had a guess, i'd expect an evo announcement for GG to revive the game again. I'd love to hear something about the Riot Games fighting game but i highly doubt that lol