The Fighting Game Community Thread

Column_sl

shitlord
Hes an east coast player part of the new group of Marvel players. He made top 8 this year at Evo.

Considered top 10 right now.

The reason that match was important was Cloud, and Coach Steve had a really close set to get into top 8. Steve won at EVO so this was the runback.
Flux, and Steve have been pretty much bad mouthing Cloud all year, and hes too nice of a guy to say anything back so this was good that he shut them both up at once.

It's hype if you like the Marvel scene, if not I'm sure it looks retarded haha.

It was promoted at the tournament because allot of people wanted to see this match.

rrr_img_75086.jpg

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Flux too lol

I expected Cloud to have a very feminine voice and was shocked to hear him sound normal =p

Column_sl

shitlord
I talked to Cloud after that match ,and he was pretty depressed. I was like are you crazy! What you did this week was Legendary. Everybody is talking about you now haha.

He really only has had a few majors appearances, and all of them he has placed top 5. Evo last year he got top 8 for his first time going.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Smug is by far my favorite player right now. Fucking Sanford is salty as fuck now. He retweeted something about Dudley and the character being ridiculous today. The guy is too busy dicking around with Oni instead of stepping up his game with Sagat. I like Sanford but the guy has a personality of a 10 year old.

Column_sl

shitlord
In his defense Sagat isn't very good anymore despite what Bonchan can do with him. He has solid counters on the East Coast so I can see why Sanford is playing Oni.

I like Smug, but he really needs time on the west coast to become really good. He just gets owned over there. I was hoping he would stay longer after EVO, but he came back pretty quickly.

The bad thing about the east coast, besides way less competition, is there are really no leaders out there like Alex Valle.

Arturo should be that person, but he acts kind of like a grown child. Pretty much just into himself, all the time, and delusions that he could be great again.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, Isnt Bonchan's leveling up buddy Daigo? lol Bonchan is just insane with Sagat. I still think he's a good character, but he's not A Tier.

2 more days and im back on PC with Ultra!!

Column_sl

shitlord
West Coast Warzone this weekend.

https://www.westcoastwarzone.com/

Main stream

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive

Side stream

http://www.twitch.tv/guardbreak

Schedule
Schedule (Subject to Change)

Friday:
12pm - Doors Open

2pm - Team Tournaments Start

Saturday:
Tournament Starts @ 10am

10am - 12pm: King of Fighters XIII Start (Till Top 8)

10am-12pm: Killer Instinct Pools, 2nd Stage (Till Top 8)

12pm - 4pm: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Pools (Till Top 8)

12pm - 3pm: Injustice Pools, 2nd Stage (Till Top 8)

3pm - 5pm: UNIEL (Till Top 8)

4pm - 9pm: Ultra Street Fighter 4 Pools (Till Top 32)

5pm - 8pm: Blazblue, 2nd Stage (Till Top 8)

5:00 - 8:00pm: Street Fighter 2: Super Turbo (Till Top 8)

8:00 - 8:30pm: Street Fighter 2: Super Turbo Continue? Tournament

8:30 - 9:30pm: Street Fighter 2: Super Turbo Top 8

9 - 10pm: Continue Tournament (All Games except for USF4 / UMvC3 which will be on casuals)

10 - 11:30pm: Continue Tournament (USF4 / UMvC3)

Sunday:
11am - 1pm - USF4 Top 32 - Top 16

1 - 3pm: Injustice Top 8

3:30 - 5:30pm: Nemo vs FilipinoChamp MM

6pm - 7:30pm: Marvel Top 8

7:45pm - 11:30pm: USF4 Top 16

Second Stage:

1 - 2pm: Killer Instinct Top 8

2 - 3:30pm: KOF XIII Top 8

3:30 - 5:15pm: UNIEL Top 8

5:30pm - 7:30pm: Blazblue Top 8

Column_sl

shitlord
Marvel has pretty much the top 10 in the country right now so should be really good.
SF4 will be decent as well on the americans side of the fence.

And if you are big fan of UNIEL, this will be the first major for it this year.

Column_sl

shitlord
Daigo won his first match, but man does he look terrible.
He might be finally washed up.

(Watch I say this, and he wins the tournament)

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
So awesome, fucking Asians on twitch already while I hit the gym at this ungodly hour. WCW was awesome for a first night, gonna be a hype day.

Column_sl

shitlord
Putting this under spoilers in case someone wants to watch the VOD's later.

Haha, great top 8. So funny I predicted that Daigo would prove me wrong.

He looked way better as the tournament progressed. He destroyed GamerBee in the Finals