The Fighting Game Community Thread

Scaffa_sl

shitlord
SF4 on PC should be the definitive home version tbh, the arcade boards are just Windows systems afterall. I think Steam had it for like $10 as well so that prolly gave it an influx of players.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
SF4 on PC should be the definitive home version tbh, the arcade boards are just Windows systems afterall. I think Steam had it for like $10 as well so that prolly gave it an influx of players.
that and you can install the gfwl on their client now. Its also 7 bucks on amazon and 14.99 for the PC download which goes directly to steam anyways.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Marvel is the same shit. I can't believe people keep watching it. It's very boring.
yeah, its like the same teams being used. Its rare you see someone using a odd team. Only when KBR hits the states its actually decent to watch. Im completely sick of Doom, Virgil and Magneto.

Column_sl

shitlord
Well the same thing can be said about SF4 to be honest. People play top tier, its just what it is.
I don't think people watch Marvel for the matches anyway. It's more about the players. Marvel tends to have some excitable personalities probably because it's such a fast game.

SF4 to me is boring in the states unless there are asians at the tournaments.
UFGT has been enjoyable, but my favorite tournaments this year have been IDCAFE for Sf4, and NCR for Marvel.

Not sure why people think KBR is any good, maybe because he showed up at NWM, and the marvel gods were not there.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
When the top Marvel players in the states talk about Kane being good. ill tend to beleive them as they know more then i ever will at that fucking game.

Street Fighter still has way more character variety. Anyways, my Marvel watching days are just about over. Hell, even the tournaments the sign ups are shrinking rapidly.

Column_sl

shitlord
Hell, even the tournaments the sign ups are shrinking rapidly.
No they're not lol, you can look at UFGT alone and tell that there sign ups were better then ever.
Also, AE Street Fighter does not have much variety at top 8 at a good tournament. Watch the asians play it.

Marvel isn't dying because people aren't playing it, or watching it. It's the same West Coast players as before. It's dying because it's an old ass game that Capcom can't update.
Yet there are so many new players coming up like Cloud805, and Apologyman.

On Kane, he isn't even a Marvel God haha, he hasn't even made it top 8 for EVO. Like you said you don't know much about Marvel....
Kane goes into NCR where there are good Marvel Players, and he gets bodied.

Even Champ bodied him at NWM, shit was embarrassing.

#Update# Kane doesn't make top 8 again at UFGT... yeah hes great haha.

Column_sl

shitlord
Chris G not only not playing Vergil, but playing a scrub team in top 3?? wtf

I guess hes allergic to tournament money, or he worked something out with Balrog.
Hope Ray Ray takes this now.

Also Viscant is the best Marvel commentator, dude knows everything about this broken ass game.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
ChrisG just doesnt care. he looked uninterested. Kind of like he's taking these games as a job and doesnt wanna be there, oh well, it happens.

Anyways, next month, Super Street Fighter IV is going to be free with Games with Gold and you can upgrade to Ultra when it comes out. Thank goodness, i dont need a darn disc anymore. Well, starting in June.

Column_sl

shitlord
Good Tournament as far as a wide variety of games, bad tournament in the case of competitors.
UFGT has always been like that tho.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
KI was pretty awesome especially Jwong vs Valle. Shit was pretty hype.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Good Tournament as far as a wide variety of games, bad tournament in the case of competitors.
UFGT has always been like that tho.
Pretty much yep. The zaniness of the mystery games and auction tournaments makes it a really entertaining tourny to watch, but the actual competition is pretty boring

Column_sl

shitlord
Most tournaments use their door money to fly in talent from asia. UFGT gives all there money back to the players.
That's why the pool is abit shallow.

The next tournament I'm looking forward to is South East Majors. Think that is the first big Ultra asian tourney.

It's funny how different Ultra looks when really all they changed was delayed wake up, and red focus. It seems like a much faster game now.

Needless

Toe Sucker
DWU and Red Focus are substantial changes to the system, it will be slower until everybody gets use to it. Once people are optimizing and adapting to DWU it will become very fast games in round 2 & 3 once people have 3 meters.

Column_sl

shitlord
I think the game feels different to me because of all the loud colors, and the SFXT backgrounds. When I was watching the Ultimate tournament it didn't look like the expansions before it, more like a single player SFXT.

Speaking of that why can't they release this for the Vita? SFXT seems to have no problems.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The mystery game stuff was pretty fun, Ultra is going to bring some excitment back into the FGC.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Speaking of that why can't they release this for the Vita? SFXT seems to have no problems.
I'm really, really hoping this will be an announcement at E3. There is legitimately no reason for them not to capitalize on the Vita and 3DS. They already have a very large portion of it made between having SFxT on the vita, and having the 3DS version already made.

I would probably drop playing it entirely on the console outside of playing with friends at locals and shit, and just play it for funsies on the vita while i'm watching a show/taking a poop.

A vita release is really the one thing i wanted with Ultra, unfortunately they are well aware of the demand.. let's just hope they can follow through with it.

---

I've put 300 hours into the 3DS one since the 3DS came out just farting around while in bed or whatever, i want an updated version
frown.png
SSF4 sucks haha

Tactician

Ancient
The ban tourney at UFGTX was pretty neat. I saw a whole whack of Haggars, Hulks and Arthurs which are like my favourite characters. Normal marvel tourney was boring though, I enjoyed Project M on vgbootcamp more which I was certainly not expecting.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
am hoping to see ig full schedule break the fuck out. that dude's play style is fucking sweet to watch.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
He just got EVO sponsorship from /r/Kappa so your wish has a chance to come true.

Anything going on this weekend?