The Fighting Game Community Thread

Eorkern

Bronze Squire
There was a iron fist guy at the beginning, lots of hype, but then morrigan happened, congrats to that unknown online warrior guy for second place but meh.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Spring Fighter wasnt too bad last night, looking forward to NLBC and WNF again this week.

@Int I missed that Curleh, you bros need to post even the smaller tournaments for those of us not in the know.

Column_sl

shitlord
Aqua should be pretty good with the gief buffs. I don't think he cares that much about fighting games anymore tho.

Snakeyez on the other hand is a beast.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Cross posting from GAF, fucking missing KI at work GDIT but will catch Capcom tonight

All times PST
Tuesday 6/10
11:40am - Killer Instinct S2 on IGN
2:00pm - Ultra Street Fighter IV on Capcom Unity
3:00pm - Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- on GameSpot (GameSpot Stage)
3:40pm - Killer Instinct S2 on GameSpot (GameSpot Stage)
4:00pm - Super Smash Bros. Invitational on Twitch

Wednesday 6/11
11:40am - Killer Instinct S2 on Twitch
12:20pm - Super Smash Bros. WiiU & 3DS on GameSpot (Samsung Stage)
2:00pm - Ultra Street Fighter IV on Capcom Unity
2:40pm - Mortal Kombat X on IGN

Thursday 6/12
11:40am - Mortal Kombat X on GameSpot (Samsung Stage)

Needless

Toe Sucker
Capcom looking into developing Street Fighter 5 on PS4 and Xbox One, focusing on helping beginners, considering pay-for-advantage models

SF5 Dead before it even began.

Although Capcom did not announce a new fighting game at E3 this year, according to Sponichi Annex, the online portal for the Sports Nippon Japanese newspaper, one of the fighting games maker's top executives did make a few comments regarding the next Street Fighter.

Capcom president and COO Haruhiro Tsujimoto said to media representatives in a group interview at E3 that the Osaka-based games maker has plans to develop a Street Fighter 5, and that it would not only fully utilise the unique features of online gaming, but also attempt to broaden the player base by making it more accessible for newcomers, Sponichi Annex reported.

"We'd like to steer away from making the next game such that skilled players will win, but unskilled players will lose almost instantaneously," Tsujimoto said.

Hit the jump to read more on what the Capcom president and COO has to say about Street Fighter 5.
As a means to achieve that (prevent unskilled players from losing instantaneously), Capcom is looking into possibly implementing some kind of pay-for-advantage system in Street Fighter 5 that will allow new players to cover for their lack of skill in matches.

They'd also like to implement some kind of feature that will allow users to spectate matches between high-level players directly within the game itself, "so as to allow beginners to learn how to use the special moves and pick up on general strategy, which will help in growing the userbase".

According to Sponichi Annex, Street Fighter 5 is still years away from release, but Capcom is looking to put it out on the PS4 and Xbox One, at least as far as home video game consoles are concerned.

Syringed_sl

shitlord
You'd think with how amazingly hated the gem system was in SFxT that they'd never put back in a "pay2win" system ever again into a fighting game. Newbie players that used block-gems or other P2W gems it would get shit on by the upper-tier players for using them frequently which pushed them away from the FGC even more. MK9/Injustice had no P2W system but it did great with new players and sales numbers. They had great tutorials to learn the system mechanics and combos, very few characters with difficult timing/links, and things like frame data already in the game.

Most of the players that Capcom labeled as 'unskilled' are simply casual fuckers that no amount of tutorials/assistance can ever fucking help. These are the same retards that go negative score in Call of Duty, run off solo in co-op games, and mash the strongest attack button in a fighting game.

For new players that actually want to learn but are frustrated with sifting through hours of youtube tutorials for a character; What would help newbies better is better explanation of system mechanics, how to use them, and better tutorials/combo training. At this point in Street Fighter IV's lifespan, Capcom should have included extensive in-game tutorials with most of the bnb combos for the cast with on screen timing instructions, frame data, in-game definitions for FGC/tournament terminology, special training modes for certain cast gimmicks (ie. El Fuerte tutorial: How to Run-Stop-Fierce loop with narrated instructions telling/showing the timing for the loop would be fantastic. Maybe even an in-game animated sequence with Elf explaining about how important it is to his character arsenal. How to quick-teleport with Dhalsim and demonstrating the 'tiger-knee motion to jump into teleport with narration guiding.) SF4 is over 4 years into it's life cycle and really extensive tutorials like I stated above with proper timing and applications would be better than a Pay2win system for the game's health.

Edit: I just recalled that the Super Street Fighter 4 PC version has a fan-made Combo trainer that includes on screen timing and narration assistance. This is EXACTLY what should have been included with Ultra Street Fighter 4 for the consoles. I would have killed to have this while initially learning FADC into Ultra for Ryu way back then.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Capcom needs to look at KI's Dojo for Jago and see what they need to do to help the casuals for this game. Also the combo trials they include in the game for SFIV/V need to be trials for combo's you actually use in a match which is basically the relevant BNB combo's for characters. The Pay 4 Win shit needs go the hell away.

What it really boils down to is Capcom is way to lazy to put in the proper tools to help the casuals learn their games properly.

darkseid_sl

shitlord
I usually spend the morning at work, watching the end of WNF (I'm GMT).

Snake Eyez won again. this time against Valle in the grand finals.

Valle knocked out Ryan Hart in the losers bracket.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I usually spend the morning at work, watching the end of WNF (I'm GMT).

Snake Eyez won again. this time against Valle in the grand finals.

Valle knocked out Ryan Hart in the losers bracket.
Valle still noobing it up with rolento? Who will be our Ryu hero if not him? Since rumor has it that Daigo is heading to Evil Ryu. Anyone else catch the interview with him and seth killian @ springfighter? Valle is actually younger than I am, which as the "old man" of SF makes me cheer for him every win he gets nowadays. I actually went to college with Seth, got stomped by him in the local arcades and in matches with him playing with my friend who managed to get ST on a supergun. While he is prone to nerves in tourneys- i'd love to see him in the scene again now that he is free of corp prohibitions. Tho only PR Rog has made any serious waves with boxer.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Valle still noobing it up with rolento? Who will be our Ryu hero if not him? Since rumor has it that Daigo is heading to Evil Ryu. Anyone else catch the interview with him and seth killian @ springfighter? Valle is actually younger than I am, which as the "old man" of SF makes me cheer for him every win he gets nowadays. I actually went to college with Seth, got stomped by him in the local arcades and in matches with him playing with my friend who managed to get ST on a supergun. While he is prone to nerves in tourneys- i'd love to see him in the scene again now that he is free of corp prohibitions. Tho only PR Rog has made any serious waves with boxer.
Rog drops to many combos with Evil Ryu. No doubt he is good and maybe he will get better, but in the end im sure he will stick with Boxer. He did win a major with Fei Long last year i believe.